Thread: wow. pulled over...

wow. pulled over...

So i was driving home tonight. no alcohol, speeding, or anything. Apparently i have a brake light out. anyway, the police office behind my turns on all the bright flashy lights and i pull over. thinking crap! i am fully dressed in a green plaid dress, wig, makeup, and everything. my ID is for my legal persona. how is this going to play out. it didn't go bad at all, the office didn't address me by name. - which i find courteous, as it would be rude to address me as sir, but clearly my ID and my appearance didn't match, and ma'am may have been awkward for him. He was classy, asked for my registration and insurance which i provided. it was not as hard as i thought being that close and interacting with him, too. anyway, i kind of giggled to myself, realizing the my dress has spaghetti straps and is thigh length. i'm not sure how flirty i would have gotten. I was a proper lady, but i realized after i was released from the scene, how hiked up my skirt was. and then the thought entered my head, did i just play the sexy damsel in distress card? afterall, i got all my documents back, and a nod to have a nice night. no ticket for me. it was an engaging experience for me at many levels.
    when in doubt, smile

Been there, done that. In most cases, as long as you have a license, registration and VALID insurance, the police officer will react the way you described. Believe you me, they probably have seen it all, and it was just another routine stop for him.

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    Been there, done that. In most cases, as long as you have a license, registration and VALID insurance, the police officer will react the way you described. Believe you me, they probably have seen it all, and it was just another routine stop for him.
    My wife has an obsession with Cop shows, believe me, they HAVE seen it all. He likely didn't even think it worth mention to the guys later.

Well girl you pulled it off like a true trooper! [just teasing] A real pofessional that policemen was! He should be commended for his fine work! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've been pulled over for speeding while dressed enfemme and just like your experience, it was a non-event.

If you gave me a choice between being pulled over by a cop or being read by a group of teens, I'd choose the cop every time.

I have got to know a lot of cops over the last 15 years or so (professionally of course!)... but in the UK... I can assure you that they are a diverse bunch of individuals as you could meet! They are just Joe normal doing a job (mostly)... the younger ones are the difficulty... they want to prove themselves... after 5 - 10 years... they've seen it all and are generally accepting - they are a bit like Sales Assistants in reverse... if they can get you for something that helps them hit their targets, they will... otherwise, they will treat you kindly. Best thing to do if called out is to co-operate... it makes their lives easier..
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    That is my experience as well. Years ago I was pulled over in Arlington for making a wrong turn onto a one-way street. When I handed my license to the officer, I told him I was new to the area -- and a cross dresser. After checking the computer and finding my clean driving record, he gave me a warning and said to watch that turn the next time I went there. Nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I was pulled over once and had a very similar experience. I expected the worst and got a very nice officer that didn't make a big deal out of my appearance.

The treatment as a non-event is what I would expect from police, especially in SoCal. Way too much diversity here to have it different even if the exceptions still exist. If stopped , just deal with it. NO jokes, no hiding and certainly no pleading.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I can assure you that they are a diverse bunch of individuals as you could meet!
    Yes we are a diverse bunch. I know of two others in my area, one from my department. We are all in the closet, because despite being professional to the public, it is not an accepting profession to work in as a crossdresser. With most big departments, like mine, we have seen it all and stopping a crossdresser is the least of our worries during a traffic stop. This may be different in a smaller town. Generally, you will be treated as professionally as you allow us to treat you.

You've escaped one of my greatest fears... All the cop has to do is ask you out of the car to the back of the car and you're on public video at least in those jurisdictions that have cameras in the cop cars.... note...most do.

I do soo much to make sure that I'm not pulled over. This includes regular brakelight/headlight checks, no speeding etc... Also, here's a tip girls. Ya know those things that hang from your rearview mirror? Like smell goods, dream catchers,etc?? Those are called 'vision obstructions' and you can get pulled over for them...

Stay safe girl....

Renne.....