Thread: Wife's opinion

Wife's opinion

Well Sunday the wife and I went to a local consignment store (we don't go out together while I am dressed) she was looking for exercise attire; as we entered the store I noticed a blouse I thought was nice she said she liked it to, after looking for a while she found a T-shirt she liked and went back to the blouse and said she would try it on - it was a little broad at the shoulder but it looked good and said we should get it and being a little broader was good

We got home and she remembered she had to go to the market, "OK I'am going to play in the closet" I dressed in a skirt and tryed on the new top and sent her a pic on the phone; when she got home I asked "wanna see" well Ok. As she looked me up and down she smiled (a good thing) as she approve of my selection, then I ask if it was all right to try out her new mascara and do make up "why your not going anywhere?" well- I just want to - Ok go ahead. After I got made up and showed her she look at me for a long look as if not knowing what to say - than - "you still look like a man" ( what else ) OK I can live with that--- is that a form of acceptance? here are the pics
    [ATTACH]042312085632.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look great in the outfit and I am not just trying to be nice. If I looked that good, I would be out on the town . Thank your lucky stars your wife is OK with it.
    Ellie

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    As she looked me up and down she smiled (a good thing) as she approve of my selection, then I ask if it was all right to try out her new mascara and do make up "why your not going anywhere?" well- I just want to - Ok go ahead. After I got made up and showed her she look at me for a long look as if not knowing what to say - than - "you still look like a man" ( what else ) OK I can live with that--- is that a form of acceptance?
    Debra, I'd rate that as a very high level of acceptance; in fact, it's downright awesome that she's willing to see you dressed en femme, in her new top, and sharing her makeup! If I were you, I'd buy her flowers and take her out for dinner and a movie... she deserves it!

I think you look very nice. Good taste girl. About your wife's remark "you still look like a man" "LOL" that is
    a pretty tipical remark for a wife I think. I have been out to my wife for about twenty years. She has been
    very supportive and very helpful but sometimes I hear the same thing. I don't think they mean it in a cutting
    or hurtful way, I think they have always known us as their husband and what ever we wear they will always
    see us in that way. Just my thought.

other than swapping to beige bra, I'd wear that outfit.

Platinum Member
    Debra you look really good! That's a lovely blouse and skirt.

From my vantage point you look like a woman. But I suppose your wife see you rather differently since she's familiar with both your male and female presentations. There does seem to be a growing degree of acceptance...even though its not enthusiastic.

Gold Member
    Debra;
    You look great, In the picture with you standing out side, you could go anywhere.
    Very nice find at the store, It goes well with that skirt.
    Rader

Debra, you look great. It's a classy outfit. I would say that sharing makeup with your wife is a nice development!
    *StacyP*

You look fine Debra and I love your avatar. I don't think you look like a man at all...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

it looks very nice !!!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Debra, your wife may have a better view in person than I do via photograph, but you look real good and not like a man IMO.

Gold Member
    Wives will always see us for who we are to them. It sounds to me like things are going quite well in the Russell household. And the outfit does look great on you!

No you don't! ...your wife means that she still see you. The problem we all have is knowing and recognizing ourselves and no matter what we do, that image often comes through. FWIW, you look like a female too me, someone who doesn't know the male you...
    Chickie

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    You look great and very passable. Your wife see's the man because she is used to you, I see a woman.
    I want to be this girl!

Thank you all for your affirmation - in these photos I feel as I look, I did ask her (regardless of the man she saw) if my make up looked OK "well yeah Ok I guess" I guess thats as good as it will get - at least she didn't run screaming and brandishing a cross as to fend me off.............................Debra

My daughters tell me that when they see me in person they still see "Dad". When they see me in photographs with others they see Khelli. Your wife will always see down to what she considers to be the real you to her.
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

Debra,
    You look wonderful in these pics. I see only a beautiful woman. I am quite jealous of your look. Have fun and stay safe. Huggs Teri
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Your wife will always see the man she married. Not her fault, just the way it is.
    You look great. I doubt you would ever be clocked.
    It's so nice to see someone that knows how to dress appropriately. I know a few GG's that could take lessons from you.

Quote Originally Posted by StacyPump View Post
    I would say that sharing makeup with your wife is a nice development!
    But not eye makeup. You really should get and use your own.

If I met you in the street I would not read you.
    Remember your wife is very familiar with your male persona.
    She has also seen you cover it up when you change.
    You still look like a man to her as she can see all the body features CLOSE UP.
    I place you as a 50 year old woman.
    You look good and no offense intended if you are 25 going on 30, you must have had a wonderful time living life to the full.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member

Hi Debra

From the photos you look perfectly passable. Maybe someone who knew you well and was expecting you to be dressed would recognize you but for a shopping or restaurant trip you'd pass well. That is also a nice choice of outfit.

Good luck and enjoy dressing. Maybe an afternoon out is in your future.

Hugs,
    Sandra

debra,
    I'm with most of the rest of the writers---you look very feminine in the pictures. Your wife is just not willing to say it or is so used to you male that she does not see it. She probably means no put down. I live in a very similar situation so I do sympathize.
    joank
    Southern California

My wife has a hard time seeing me as a woman, she has know me and prefers me as a man, so it hard for her

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    You look great and very passable. Your wife see's the man because she is used to you, I see a woman.
    ITA! Looking at you I would never say you look like a man. Your wife expects to see a man so she does.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A wife is more than just aware of the man she married. She has been fixated on the man she married from the moment the fell in love with him, and there is very little we can do that drives that picture out of her mind. And God bless her for that. You are doing a fantastic job, and to an unbiased observer, you are female. don't be concerned, nothing can change the wife's perspective.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.