Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: facebook

Nyet for moi on either side. As many have previously mentioned, there are too many concerns with the ever shifting privacy settings. Also as a friend pointed out, at FB *YOU* are the product. I'm not going there.

I don't have a FB page for Shannon, but I have given it some thought. My only concern is that if I friend people that know about me, that would allow other people that I haven't told to find out. I guess I shouldn't really care, but given my profession which can be a very small world I think its better if I keep things off facebook. Maybe one day I will just get tired of how people perceive me and start a profile.

actually the thought had occurred to me. Problem is that my entire ultra-religious, ultra-conservative, ultra-large family is active on FB, so I'd have to come up with a fake last name to throw them off the scent. It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff.

That and I've yet to make a good pic of myself. Once I get a wig and some makeup (and a butt enhancer, for God's sake, girl! Flat as a board!), I'm sure I'll be quite pretty but right now, I'm very obviously a guy wearing a women's outfit.
    Last edited by Sophia Claire; 06-16-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Claire View Post
    actually the thought had occurred to me. Problem is that my entire ultra-religious, ultra-conservative, ultra-large family is active on FB, so I'd have to come up with a fake last name to throw them off the scent. It just seems like a lot of work for not much payoff.

That and I've yet to make a good pic of myself. Once I get a wig and some makeup (and a butt enhancer, for God's sake, girl! Flat as a board!), I'm sure I'll be quite pretty but right now, I'm very obviously a guy wearing a women's outfit.
    You'd need a new clean e-mail accout for it to. As facebook searches trough peoples contact lists.
    Last edited by Youkje; 06-16-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes

I'm on Facebook as myself. I use ExperienceProject.com as anonymousinmaryland. A busy place. As clean as you want it, or dirty if you wish. I also blog there. Best wishes.

Just created one in the last few months. It's not much but is still a work in progress. Feel free to add me...

http://www.facebook.com/MadameCherise
    "If I can't be beautiful, I want to be invisible."
    Chuck Palahniuk

Created a facebook page for Cherise, feel free to add me...
    http://www.facebook.com/MadameCherise

Had one at one point in time, But it showed iup on my wifes pages possible friends. Scary. I hope fmy father didn't see it. Since that account has been deleted.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The biggest problem I had was my computer wanted to cross connect my Sarah friends with my Dave friends and that was a bad idea. I downloaded Safari and Google Chrome as alternate web access portals and set up my Sarah Facebook page on one of them. There haver been no problems in keeping the two distinct and I have used both extensively and enjoy spending way too much time on each one. My facebook address is part of my signature line.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I've been on fb for awhile. I'm out and about all the time so it's not an issue to me. My fb link is in my sig

Banned Read only
    No, I don't have one and I never will have a facebook account. Of course there is privacy issues, but potential employers or even your current employer will look you up and possibly fire you for many reasons they could find there. Maybe just because of the friends you have there and or your friends political views, etc, or critisizing your company. Plus I have read, maybe it's true or not, don't take it to the bank, but that the CIA was the major push behind the creation of FB, to keep even more tabs on society. So, if I want to contact friends, I will just send them an email. Still the GOV can track all of that on me as well, but at least I can keep my employer in the dark about me being a CD or my political views, etc.
    Also I'd like to ask, for I do not know, but is it true that once you have joined FB, you cannot ever quit it at all? I even worry about employers that may have the facial recognition softwear and search your pics on your employee I.D. badge and find me on here? Though it's not against the law to be a CD, but I have heard of cases where they will fire you for another reason, while the real reason could be what we may have said on facebook, or anywhere for that matter. I'm only a member on this site and flickr only, but no pics. I guess a gurl's got to take her chances somewhere. I do sometimes worry of my images on here. Plus I do worry that if, Sharia gets passed over our judicial system, as they have taken over much of Austrailia , Germany, and Britian with their unlimited trillion$, buying lawmakers to vote that in, when and if that gets done, we on here will all be doomed.

Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 07-21-2012 at 10:13 PM.

I've had one for quite awhile and enjoy it. I did set mine up on google chrome and am very careful to not have friends who could connect in any way to my guy facebook page. As long as you use a different browser like chrome or foxfire you should be fine.

http://www.facebook.com/margo.cevert

Platinum Member
    Hi Margo I don't trust FB and don't need it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i would just like to say thanks to the girl on here that i kinda outed myself to by mistake on facebook . im was pretty freaked and embarresed . thanks for being so nice about it .
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

I have one for both , Here is Jinny's ; I'm always looking for friends So if any would like to friend request me that'd be great. http://www.facebook.com/jinny.mini.5
    Finally accepting and embracing the real ME

You know I just typed on one of your FB pages and it showed my brother and all my family............that is some spooky sh**. but i was thinking about doing it any how as Davena Doll.

i do and yes i use it more then my male face book page
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Quote Originally Posted by Davena Doll View Post
    You know I just typed on one of your FB pages and it showed my brother and all my family............that is some spooky sh**. but i was thinking about doing it any how as Davena Doll.
    It is because of the invisible links that I do not use social media.
    This is the closest I need to get
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just created a facebook account to add you girls

http://www.facebook.com/SaffronCR

I have a Facebook page too, but I like to keep my friends lists small. So, if you know me, or want to know me, drop me a PM!
    -J

God gave me free will, my choices are my own. Knowing right from wrong takes a lot of prayer and study. I refuse to accept or make excuses for my own actions, desires, or beliefs.

"life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Waslch

i have a facebook also for my female side, its http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/bballgirl2009 and u girls can add me if u want to, i definitey need a picture of myself posted someday lol.

Yup. Just waiting to see how long it is before one of my non TG friends find it.

Tami has one, but doesn't use it too often. Mostly when I want to look up other girls that have one. As some said before, my non PG rated stuff is on experience project

Quote Originally Posted by Youkje View Post
    You'd need a new clean e-mail accout for it to. As facebook searches trough peoples contact lists.
    Only if you give them permission to do so, when they offer to help you "find friends".

I keep all my addresses in Outlook, never at my webmail accounts, so they can't get at the info if I was to mistakenly ask their help to find friends. I will find my own friends, thank you FB. As it is my FB account is for my male persona and business. May get account for Rachel if I think it will be beneficial in the future, but not now.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.