Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you act like a woman?

Do you act like a woman?

This is mainly for those who go out en femme on a regular basis and interact with society in general but everyone is welcome to comment. The "walk" and the "talk" notwithstanding, do you feel that you really act like a woman when interacting with other folks? By that I mean by facial expressions, body language, gestures, and expressions. A lot of it has to do with comfort level and how we feel in our own skin and female presentation so how do you feel you do in this respect? I've gotten to the point where most of it has become second nature in femme mode but it wasn't always that way.What do you think?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    In guy mode some people think I'm gay - my SO can testify otherwise. But, when en femme she says I'm even more girly than her. I wont deny it, I feel totally female when dressed, right down to the mannerism etc..etc.

Great topic Kate

Added - I don't go out but I figured I'd comment.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

When ever I am out en femme I do my best to act and talk like I think a woman would. Apparently, I do OK as I have never had an unpleasant reaction. Since I spend so much time en femme I no longer have to think very much about how to act when I am out in public.
    Hugs, Carole

I act both ways. Sometimes I have male mannerisms and other times female. When I'm en femme I act more girly than my girlfriend. I even act more girly than her when in guy mode lols. When dressed I play with my wig and always want to adjust my makeup. I sit like a girl and try my best to walk like one.

Just thought I would comment as I would be one to go out often if I had more time for it.

yes even when im trying not to i do

I think I pretty much just act like me when I go out. By that I mean. When in the dreaded DRAB ti some. I still eat with a pinkie out. I cross my legs at the knee. I curl my legs up undere when I sit in the sofa or chair and a half. I drink the same drinks. I don't try and become MORE womanly because I'm not trying to be MORE masculine the other times. I don't try and change my voice en femme either. I talk with my hands. I touch people I look them
    In the eye. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I am who I am. Yes I do get out.

With that said. My soon to be wife tells me that yes. There are certain mannerisms that are more evident when en femme then drab. But I don't try. They just come out.

In the end. I'm secure enough in myself that I am who I am. I do what I do. I go where and when I want. I make no excuses not to I feel a need to justify myself to anyone any more.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    Nooooooo idea.

I have only the reactions of my friends.

'Les you listen to chic music'.

I complain like a housewife.

When not in person, and when online, and when a person is not aware of my gender, I get mistaken for female.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
    yes even when im trying not to i do
    I know. My usual response when someone tells me I throw like a girl, I tell them "Well, I hope so!". I also seem to get away with more on the dance floor en femme than en homme.

I do try to act like a woman, by walking, moving my arms and hands more, that kind of thing. I smile alot more when out en femme, but for me it is easy to act female when I am being treated completely different than I nomally get treated. Normally people give me a wide berth and do not act friendly, they usually don't actively engage me in conversation, I have been told more than a few times that I am scarey. Now out as Kimberly it is a night and day difference, for one example, I was walking into JC Penney and these other two women just came up to walk with me and we all got to the door at the same time, they weren't scared, apprehensive or even the slightest bit concerned about how to interact with me. I really enjoy seeing a different side of people, most of it is good.

Platinum Member
    Kate, I certainly try, but ill be thefirst to admit that I probably fail as often as I succeed. I do have some lifelong, ingrained behaviors that others, not so politely have characterized as effeminate. But other aspects of my appearance and demeanor certainly fall short.

I am not out and about(yet). but when i am in girlie mood ,I'm much more girlie than my wife. i guess I'm making up for lost time...haha

I feel like me. Girly at heart but I put on a good act as a male. Being feminine is too natural to deny...I feel like a girl, I can understand them and their psyche much better than I should but I'm also drawn to it. and hearing from my father and mother at early ages day I should have been born a girl and other people throughout my life confuse me with one, I'm beginning to accept that more and more but I'm afraid to where it may lead...I don't really go out in public btw. But I'm trying to work on that
    Last edited by natacsha; 05-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.

I have always had a very effeminate manner as far as using hand gestures while speaking, accused of walking like a girl, being fussy about cleanliness.....I have always had to make sure to act manly enough as I worked in machinery build shops for years.

For some enough practice and it will become second nature, the problem arises when you are out in drab and what was second nature has become first.
    Khelli
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!
    How could you say that?!!!
    You really didn't know that I'm Super hot woman?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You will love my soft,white,femmy and beautiful body
    With love,
    Caroline

I don't think I act like a woman when out enfemme.... Though they seem to act a lot like me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I will simply say this:

Being Stompy the Elephant while wearing heels in public has a way of ruining the whole experience.

Silver Member
    Just a short question here for you all to think about.

Exactly what is "Acting like a woman"? Women, may I remind you, are quite as diverse as men are. Acting "like a woman" seems insultingly stereotypical. Can you, for instance, "act like an African American"?

S

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    Good call Stephenie S. Nice observation.

I get told I dance like a girl. I have always thought men suck at dancing. Well it seems like that in my world at least.

I was not aware it is girlie to use a lot of arm movement while walking.

Come to think of it, the worst slobs I know (other than my brother Oscar Madison the second) seem to all be women. Well their homes/apartments that is.

My wife has some cliched guy behaviours too.
    I once got annoyed with her and just flat out asked her if her mother even taught her the basics (hygiene). Some days she seems to act like a 6 year old.
    She is not all day in the bathroom, that would be me. I go through my nice scented bath soaps 3-4 times as fast as her.

Women don't own some cliches like we might think.

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    I've noticed that since I have dropped my "act manly" wall and not worried about it, I am a bit more feminine in my mannerisms. I have to actually think about it and put in effort to put the manly wall up again. I don't stumble over myself now that I'm not trying. Kinda nice. I don't usually use my hands to talk, but I don't think that is something all GG's do, my wife doesn't talk with her hands, and most of the women through my life don't.

Makeup addict!
    I don't go out since I don't have a woman's voice and I'm not entirely confident about my appearance, but I think I have a good idea on how to act like a girl

i am getting better at it since i grew my nails long and keep them coated with clear polish, every time i pick something up or touch something my long nails remind me to be dainty

Cerebral Ninja
    ....I act like me
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Just for clarification, I was referring to the "typical" assessment by most of society when assuming one is either male or female by observing their actions, body language, mannerisms, etc.Do you feel that others assume that you are a woman at first glance by your actions? What I was not trying to do was stereotype anyone just a self assessment of how you feel others may see you according to the generalized view of society.

```````````````````` Wendy Seymone's Avatar
    Can't really understand the need for putting on an act... but maybe that is just me.
    I much prefer to allow those that I have interactions with to decide for themselves.
    "It's fabulous being a woman"

Aspiring Member
    Although I don't go out when dressed, I do try to do many things like a women would do them. That includes walking (mainly because of heels) and sitting proper. My wife even told me one of the first times that I was dressed en femme around her, that if I was wearing a dress, I needed to keep my legs or ankles crossed.