Thread: Me in a fashion show?

Me in a fashion show?

Hi girls.

When I went out today, something very interesting happened. One of the stores I went in to was Christopher Banks. The one sales lady mentioned that earlier they had a fashion show there (which I had never heard of). As I was checking out the 2 tops I bought she then asked me if I could model clothes for their next fashion show (which is supposed to be held in the fall). I was totally shocked at this but my heart beat real fast with excitement at the possibility. I then asked her if she really wanted me and is it even possible for a transgender girl to be in a show like that? She said not to worry as she has some transgendered friends and can understand that fear and thought since I dress so mainstream and look natural that I would do well. She then complimented me and said I looked pretty and that despite my height, I should do fine. So I then said to her, sure I would LOVE to model clothes next time they have that show!! She took my telephone number and said they would probably call me in August for their fall show which would be a short time later. I really hope this comes true. I would so love to walk on a kind of runway modeling clothes. I still can't believe it though.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Girl, it is no wonder she wanted you for their show. I really hope she calls you, you would be a wonderful model. Keep us posted girl, looking forward to you being able to do this.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That's realy cool Steffie. Keep us posted.

good luck with the show, i wish i could join you

regards Paulie
    just wear what you like and like what you wear

If you are male, about 5' 9" weigh 98 pounds you should look great in a size 8 to 10 dress. You will look tall thin and leggy, a little padding at the top no tummy bulge and you will be a smash. That is what convinced me to go with the girls in a botique fashion shop show years ago. All those stunning girls around me after the party and I got to take one home. We went parking to look at the city lights first. She had fun unzipping my dress and unclipping my bra. So did I
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I hope to one day have that kind of luck that would be awsome I hope you get the call and have a great time doing it!!

Wow, what an offer, hope she follows through.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Please do the show, and post the pictures here! We would love to see you modeling!

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Go for it!! I did.. Well not to the extent your going to. Couple of years ago our local Catherine's Store hit one of our TG group members up about doing an after hours TG fashion show. Well I did, 3 different times. We would go in prier to the show, pick out three outfits and then on the night of the show would model the clothing just around the store for the others to see how it looked on. But I've got to say, after the first time, the manager of the store told me I could model in their normal monthly girls fashion show. Never took her up, but I know I would have had a blast.

One side note. The first time I was in picking out my clothing, with my wife by the way and I was enfeminine, I bought a top I just had to have that day. While checking out there was a lady behind us to check out. At the fashion show the SA told me that the lady had comment, it was so nice of the SA to respect my choices and assist me however I was dress. Did make me happy to know there is others out there that understand us, even if just a little

Banned Read only
    I really hope you have fun. I think many women are more accepting of alternative lifestyles. I will say, forty years ago an offer to participate in a fashion show would never have been extended. And, a store like Catherine's (shop there) would have run a cross dresser out the door, let alone have a transgender night. When the show is over, please extend OUR thanks to her for asking you to participate. I posted once or twice before that there had been a women's clothing store that posted a welcome sign for transgendered person to shop at her store.

Maybe, since every cause seems to have a colored ribbon, it is time for the woman's apparel industry to adopt a colored ribbon that annotates cross dressers are welcomed, and, not just tolerated.

What a great compliment!
    Hugs, Carole