Thread: Told my Son

Told my Son

On Friday night my wife and I told our youngest son that I was a crossdresser. He is almost 19 and gay. I was at work Friday night and my wife sent me a text stating that she was having a good talk with him. He had even told her that he had just made a friend who was FTM and planning on transitioning. The friend and my son had several long conversations about how the friend felt and my wife though that this would be a good time to tell my son. She had then mentioned in the conversation that someone in our family was transgendered. He thought that it was an uncle or aunt and wanted to know who. He had said that he was nonjudgmental and would still care about them. When I came home from work we talked some more and I asked him if he wanted us to tell him who the person was, or show him a picture. He opted for the picture. I showed him the picture on my profile and his first reaction was to say “Who is that?” He looked some more and then asked me if it was me. He told me that he loved me and we talked a little about what life had been like for me. He also opened up to us about how hard it was to tell his friends that he was gay, because once you tell someone you can’t take it back, and he was scared that they would reject him. Although my wife and I have always been accepting of him, because he is a teenager he has not opened up to us in the past. I was very nervous telling him but things went very well, and this now gives my wife someone to talk with about this. They have a close relationship. I also have a 21 year old son who also lives at home, but we haven’t decided when to tell him yet. We feel that we should but he just started a new job so we want to give him time to settle before we unload this on him.

Brave move Steph. But an honest one. So honey all the best to you and yours.

Hi Steph, It took a lot of faith to do what you and your wife did!!!!!! As far as telling your other adult child don't wait to long to do the same thing as things like this eventually slip out. I'm not looking for an answer here but do both boys talk????? I would definitely consider that. You and your wife deserve a lot of credit.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Thanks Janet and Molly. We have asked our son not to tell his brother and I'm sure that he wont. My older son turned 21 this weekend so we didn't want to potentially ruin his birthday weekend. And with his new job he doesn't need the added stress. But we will tell him soon.

That's awesome! My wife doesn't want to tell either son (who is also gay) or the daughter. Which is fine... Its as much her decision as mine.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos