Thread: Some less 'threatening' sites on Transgender/Transexuals?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some less 'threatening' sites on Transgender/Transexuals?

I wanted to tell my sister about my 'situation' but the sites ive found on the subject are intimidating to me! let alone anyone else.

A lot seem to state absolutes, like people who recognise as being another sex hate themselves, and will die trying to change themselves to female (or male). Then it went on to discuss how crossdressing/tranvestism was a sexual fetish and not related to transexuals... infact it made me doubt myself to be honest.

Do i gain satisfaction from appearing as the opposite sex? I would have to answer- Yes. However its become more of a sensual/comfort thing. I feel better about myself dressed as a female, and more content with myself than i do as a guy. I really have little interest in a male role (clothes, ect) and can't wait to change back into something to express the person i want to be. The thing is, is this the person i want to be -- or am i fooling myself somehow. Even if i want to be that person, practically how would it work out...

Maybe im both female and male... I've thought about it. I cannot say im not scared by the prospect of living as a female totally. The thing that scares me most is passing amoung people outside (couldnt live life being scared of people 'guessing' or calling you names in the street or worse, being violent), and what my family will think (and react like) and how i will cope with life in general in a new role such as this. If it all goes horribly wrong i have no where to turn.

Anyways, Im torn between sending a message in the hope of getting some support from a member of my family and also maybe im doing the wrong thing by telling someone. If i am just a 'crossdresser' or whatever then thats something more private that people dont have to know about (unless you are REALLY REALLY close to them that is). I don't want to cause myself pain if i don't have too....
    Last edited by RachelDee; 11-10-2005 at 06:22 PM.