Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name

I had never given much thought to it until I considered joining CD.com. Then I realized my femme name was predetermined. First name femme version of my male name (kept to honor my uncle who gave his life in Vietnam and my grandma who made a deal with the Virgin Mary for my mothers life, so the legend goes...) 1st gen. Mary 2nd gen Marie, 3 gen. Unknown, I'm sure I'll get an earfull if/when I have a daughter...

my fem name is Marissa Dulce Mendez...i chose Marissa cause every pretty girl i ever meet was a Marissa....but my friends call me Sabrina which is just a nick name...Dulce is latin for sweet/candy.mendez like Eva Mendes....XOXO

Well, the name I would have been given if I were to have been born a girl went to my step-sister's oldest daughter, and I just didn't feel right about using my nieces name, as she is a person who already exists and soooo not me. When I was younger I used to believe I wanted to be a Britney or a Tiffany, but I grew out of those.

Then a couple of years ago when I started browsing here and really giving serious thought to it I remembered a girl I once knew, Brad, she was about 5-7 years older than me and while she had a "boys" name and mostly hung out as one of the guys, she was very feminine in appearance, beautiful hair, nice body, very girly-girl with her clothes, but very rough and tumble, not afraid to get dirty kinda gal. Kinda like my mom actually, perfect hair, flawless makeup and all while riding a dirt bike out in the woods. So that's who I decided I wanted to be, only I thought Bradlie sounded a little prettier.

sorted

And there it is - I am now "Principessa Giovanna Del Nord".

dp.jpg

Hugs
    /Giovanna - www.wannabegirl.co.uk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gio congratulations hun..

Quote Originally Posted by DulceSabrina View Post
    Gio congratulations hun..
    Cheers! Soo pleased with this, always liked things Italian and by the way "Gio" is already my nick - spot on! Have to practice my new signature.

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Over the 50 plus years I have been dressing I have gone through a few names, Kathy in he beginning, then that got boring so I did a few more. Finally about 25 years ago when I really got serious about things I gave the name a long hard think through. I realize the most influential female in my life ad been my grandmother, so in her honor I took her name, Gertrude then I added Katherine as a middle name. I realize that Gertrude is quite the old fashioned name and although my femme credit cards read that I use the nickname Trudy. I only hope I have become a lady Grandma would have been proud of!

When I was thinking of a name to use Joanne just came to me, it just sounded right.

Never really gave it much thought until recently when i decided to embrace this side of me. Been hidden for a long time. Still havnt come out to anyone, but thats another story, to which i am going to post soon. But as far as the name, it just sounded good. I thought of a few and it came down to Stacey or Emily and since i needed a name to log on here, i decided on Stacey. But i like emily as a middle name except thats to many "y's" lol. Xoxox

Stephanie is sooo close to my masculine name that it justed seamed like a logical choice. I have always liked the name Rebecca, so I use that as my middle name. So my initials are SRS.

This was the name of a girl I admired when I was in my teens. She always wore the prettiest clothes, cute and FEMININE.

Mostly lovely skirts and tops along with stockings, very seldom slacks. Gee I would have Loved to had her wardrobe, better yet, Shared her wardrobe with her.

Hi everyone,

My first name is Bridget, I picked that because that name is very close to the name of someone near and dear to me. My last name is Sterling... I picked that because that is the name of my favorite chardonnay. If you are a wine drinker, I highly recommend it!

So.. Bridget Sterling. I like it, I think it sounds "real." Could be the name of a heroine in a novel or something :P Haven't thought of a middle name yet though..
    XOXO,

Bridget

Bridget, IMHO Marie is a lovely middle name. Welcome to the forum darlin.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I remembered a show from the early 70's ....Gillian's Island....ohhh what a beautiful lady she was...
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I chose my name because i've always liked the name Katie, it feels to me like a feminine name and i like the way the letter K looks when written down. I chose the surname of Taylor because it's not an overly masculine sounding surname, it's not an unusual name either. It also fits nicely with Katie.
    Katie Taylor

My female name

My female name is Molly, I've always liked the name and today adopted it as my feminine identity

my name is alexis its sounds more girly and it fits me perfectly

Female name

I picked Algoma, it means valley of flowers. Peacefull and beautiful. When I am Algoma I am at peace, I find my true inner self. It seems to fit.

Algoma

female name

Marja what I would have been called if I had been born a girl

Would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?

Ok now on to the story, a long time ago in a land far far away I was involved in a little group of new age type people, and my spirit guide's name was Beth. Of course I'm not so sure about all that stuff today and pefer to think of it as more phsycosematic than anything else, however the name Beth seemed to stick so when I meet other CD's and joined a local CD group, Beth became my name. The Cooper part is really a recent addition and quite simply because I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan, so I stole the name, nothing surprising their. The other reason why I kept the name Beth is because all the CD's I met seemed to base their names on their male names, and I thought why do that? If your creating a new person, then why not choose a name thats completely different rather than one thats similar to your male name, but hay whatever, needless to say thats the story to Beth Cooper.

I just saw this thread and thought I would join in:

Michael is Miki

Arata is my surname shortened and illiterated a tad.

If I ever get out en femme and someone calls me by my girl name, I don't want to have to think too much to answer to Miki, rather than Sally, Jasmine or Joan.

But, but unlike Beth above, I don't think I am creating a new person; just a feminine me.

Miki

My babtised name was Philip. When I addopted a new life style I changed it to "Phyllis" I also changed my last name to "Lavender" which i my facourite color.

Where my name Tiffany came from was something when I was young and liked. At the time I thought it was just really cute

When I decided on a female name I didn't have to think too long. I wanted a name I could easily respond to if my name was called out in a crowd. Growing up my name was Alan, so I decided on Ellen, it sounds similar and I find it easily works for me. Actually growing up if someone in a crowded room shouted out "ELLEN" I would turn my head to see.
    Actually though my Mother told me she was hoping for a girl and if I had been I would have been named Paige.

So Ellen Paige is my name. and I am almost a Lady.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 09-22-2012 at 05:56 PM.

If I'm reborn as a girl, I want this name. Call me Sha, it allures me.