Thread: "your authentic self"

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar

"your authentic self"

My wife and I were lounging about on the sofa on a rainy day last week. I was partially dressed (clothes, but no makeup or wig). I couldn't help but marvel at her acceptance, and also be grateful for it. I thanked her for her understanding of who I am. Her response was something along the lines of "your dressing is part of your authentic self, and to deny that would be oppressing that wonderful person".

I love that woman!

That was very heartwarming!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

That is GREAT!!! It's those little things that make us feel better. I am lucky enough to have someone that feels the same.
    Enjoy it!
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

And maybe a good reply to that would be, "Only a wonderful person would say something like that." She does sound truly wonderful.

Best wishes, Annabelle

You are truly blessed! It gives us all hope!

What wonderful insight. I hope you are both happy and contented.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think that your wife needs to talk to mine! lol How awesome that is.

That is a whole new strand of acceptance I've never even heard of before! She's a very speacial lady heads above most! Worship her and the ground she walks on! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hmmmm.... the nicest thing my wife has said to me concerning my CDing is: "You have to get yourself cured"! You can only imagine what she says when she gets angry about my CDing.

oh how sweet, not only is she understanding but she must also be a wonderful person with a great outlook on life

Hi Jay Cee!
    It is nice to see that there are others that are as blessed as I am when it comes to a spouse.
    Jean said something to the same affect twenty something years ago to me.
    She is sitting here with me now and I always am dressed sans the wig and makeup.

Jay, it is really nice to have a women in your life that can understand how important this can be to us, and accept it. A lot of us say we don't understand why they don't, after all it's just clothes right. But down deep, we know it's a lot more than just clothes, if it where, it would be easy to give up. To find someone that can accept us with the quirk in our personality, love us and not be bothered by the fact that we are different than the average guy, well that is special, and it takes a special kind of person to do it. It's not like they can ever know what is going on inside our heads, even the medical profession can't do that. So to accept us on our word is all they get, and that is asking a lot, you are a lucky girl to have found one of the very special ones out there.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Hmmmm.... the nicest thing my wife has said to me concerning my CDing is: "You have to get yourself cured"! You can only imagine what she says when she gets angry about my CDing.
    My wife suggested therapy to get CURED! I told her fine but once I was cured and became a real man [her words], I might become an ass#@%$ like all her friends husbands.

It's always nice to see love and support. I'm glad that you're so blessed.

Awesome! I've had similar moments and am so grateful that my wife is so accepting and understands that Inge is an important part of me. We've grown a lot.

Miriam
    She sounds like a wonderful woman (very similar to what my wife has said). Extra hugs for her now.

Miriam

Take that girl out to dinner and what ever else she might want!

Many of us are not so blessed.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

just like my SO, they are UNIQUE !!

Thanks for sharing. I would love to find a woman like that. One of my biggest fantasies is to sit around with my wife and paint each others toe nails. Never would have happened with my soon to be ex. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

She sounds like my wife also.
    And I am so lucky to have her in my life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !