Thread: Is anyone else keeping a log or diary?

Post Is anyone else keeping a log or diary?

I've started one since last week at the request of my therapist, mainly to record dreams and waking fantasies between sessions on my road to self discovery.
    But, I've extended the idea to record how I feel at a certain time or if I'm struggling with TG thoughts/feelings.

It actually feels good to write it out, much better than leaving it to soak in my brain.
    Has anyone else done or is doing the same?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Not me, but if I did, the first entry would read, "Captains log......."

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

A few times that I've attempted a diary the experiments has lasted 10 days, at the most. Since I've become 24/7 I haven't attempted a diary or a log.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have tried many times, many times I have failed. I get off to a good start then forget about it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have been thinking lately that I need to start a journal. So many memorable things have happened to me and I want to record them before I forget them. It seems like it'd be fun to read through entries at a future date.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    I;ve been keeping a journal (that contains anything from poetry, song lyrics, thoughts about life, hopes, dreams) since 1985. I don't write everyday, and sometimes it may only be a few lines.... sometimes months in between writting, sometimes pages and pages at a time.. a good form of self-therapy.

This site is my diary... it is where I share my thoughts and actions... It rocks!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes! At my own urging I'm keeping one - basically to remember all my past experiences. I can't believe how many I can remember! All of my past crossdressing experiences are super vivid - especially the early years. It's fun to remember every detail about the clothes you tried on when starting out, those you first bought, first borrowed from girlfriends. I love it. It's made me more aware of the continuity of dressing up in my life. Now if I could only share it with my wife!

No, just a photo scrapbook (photos printed on paper! Remember those?) Now, pics stored on my computer.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I have a journal that I keep of my family life and public life but I don't include Shaylee in it. I come from a long line of journal keepers. My Great Grandfather kept a journal that by the time he died totaled 27 volumes, each volume had between 200 and 500 pages of entries. Every letter he sent or corresponded with someone he wold copy the letter in his journal and when he received a reply he would write at a ninety degree angle in a different colored ink the response. His life wasn't much out of the ordinary but what a priceless gift he gave to his progenitors. He was a pioneer of the west. He came to Utah in a covered wagon. He had learned navigation as a sailor and as he came across the the plains he plotted latitude and longitude of the places where they camped every night. That was fun to plot on a map and see how far they traveled each day. My journal isn't even one of his volumes long but hits the things I wanted to remember in my life that were important at the time. Reading back refreshes the memory and the recall of how I felt at the time.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Yes, I keep a journal relating mostly to my trans side. I have some general life stuff in it as well, but mostly it is just trans.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Aspiring Member
    the only log I have sits next to the fireplace, and , of course, the ol' yule log. and I threw away my pencil so now I don't have diary-a and more. LOL!!!!!!

Not a bad idea I've done it and am able to go back and look at what I wrote, dont have to try to remember, doesn't take long daily or whenever doesnt have to take long. I started it with the idea to define measure, change measure.

I gave up keeping a journal in 2003. It was mostly about me in my role as a man. I have kept a diary since 1962. The only reference I made to my CDing was a certain letter that I circled. I did in the late 80s keep a diary about my CDing only and the thoughts surrounding CDing. Only kept it up for about 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This site is my diary... it is where I share my thoughts and actions... It rocks!
    Ahhh so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

I have never had any luck with a diary, but I do document a lot of my adventures in public. I put them in story format and have been posting them here. See our Writers Socicity

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    Yes, I keep a journal relating mostly to my trans side. I have some general life stuff in it as well, but mostly it is just trans.

Anna
    Does it help?
    Do you share it with your therapist?

I find it interesting to read what I'd written even a day earlier, it becomes less easy to dismiss thoughts when you've got written evidence of them right in front of you.

I've considered making a dairy but don't see myself being doing a good job with one. When I feel I am writing pretty much the same thing over and over again each day while looking at similar entries just the page before I tend to lose interest. Plus I can't help but feel that at the moment it would be more of a reading log of who was giving me funny looks, making comments, or making threats. Not a pleasant thing to read through later on.

I have also considered making an ongoing set of videos on youtube as I have seen others do. Living where I do I always get an ongoing dialog about what I do and the Bible and have considered making a youtube video addressing it as well as the normal "this is how things are going" videos. Perhaps at a later date I will come back to that idea. I don't even have a camera on my computer right now anyway.

I've thought about it a couple of times.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen
    Is anyone else keeping a log or diary? I've started one since last week at the request of my therapist, mainly to record dreams and waking fantasies between sessions on my road to self discovery.But, I've extended the idea to record how I feel at a certain time or if I'm struggling with TG thoughts/feelings. It actually feels good to write it out, much better than leaving it to soak in my brain. Has anyone else done or is doing the same?
    [SIZE="2"]I’ve been keeping a diary ever since I was a child, so I have a complete record of all my CD experiments, discoveries and excursions, all lovingly described in extreme detail. I keep this treasure tucked away, just like everything else, and I refer to it on occasion, if only to relive some of my more audacious moments. My free thinking high school English teacher started me along this path of self-discovery one day when she encouraged the entire class to keep a journal...

The funny thing is, I don’t write about my feelings too much, preferring to use description as a handhold for reality. I’ve never struggled with TG thoughts, and I am NOT a fan of this “constant” questioning that drives some individuals crazy, so my diary reflects this. Rather than write something like “What am I doing?” or “Who am I, anyway?” or even “Was I meant to be a girl?” I write things like “BOY! THIS FEELS GOOD!!!” or “I LOVE THIS!!!” or “I’M NEVER GOING TO STOP!!!” Screw the therapists – FULL speed ahead!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]
    The funny thing is, I don’t write about my feelings too much, preferring to use description as a handhold for reality. I’ve never struggled with TG thoughts, and I am NOT a fan of this “constant” questioning that drives some individuals crazy, so my diary reflects this. Rather than write something like “What am I doing?” or “Who am I, anyway?” or even “Was I meant to be a girl?” I write things like “BOY! THIS FEELS GOOD!!!” or “I LOVE THIS!!!” or “I’M NEVER GOING TO STOP!!!” Screw the therapists – FULL speed ahead!
    [/SIZE]
    It's great that some people can work through it on their own, and I have the utmost respect for them.
    For me, I made the decision that I had to start seeing a therapist because all of the questioning, fear, and confusion were starting to really stress me out.

Considering that my health issues are affected by stress levels, I decided that I would see someone no matter what the cost.
    I regret nothing, the relief of knowing there is someone in the world you can confide in and trust is almost undescribeable.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I have a good amount of youtube videos detailing my various adventures. Every time I make a video I send my therapist a link so she can see it and we can discuss it during my next session.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8