Thread: I love yard sales!

I love yard sales!

... especially when it's us doing the selling. Today, my wife was cleaning our her closet in preparation for a yard sale. In the process, she said "I found a few of your old dress shirts" (they were dry-cleaned with her clothes some time ago), "and a few other things for you too" (the last with a raised eyebrow). While the kids were in the bath, I asked her what she found for me, and she showed me four dresses that no longer fit her. What a wonderful woman!

After the kids went to bed, I asked if she minded if I tried on the dresses. She said, "Why not?" and I replied, "Well, I didn't want it to be weird for you." She paused, "Em, well I suppose if you're not full-on, its okay." The first dress I tried on was a yellow number that fit like a glove. My wife took one look and said, "Girl, that dress is so you!" Hearing her speak like that was music to my ears. The next dress was an LBD. It fit pretty well but was a bit short. The back slit almost come up to my rear-end. The dress is really cute, but I don't know if I dare wear it anywhere outside of the bedroom. The third dress was blue with an abstract pattern that looked sort of like white sticks. Very cute. I put it on, and once again, nice fit. I felt very girly in it, and had to restrain myself from twirling. I can't wait to wear it somewhere. The final dress, was a grey, diaphanous number. Although it has two layers, its still be bit transparent. You could see the hint of the black briefs I had on under it. I asked my wife what kind of underwear she wore with it? She shrugged and said "Beats me." This might require some strategic underwear purchases before I dare wear it out.

I knew this was a bit hard for my wife. It was very nice of her to give me the dresses and while I was trying them on, she said "I wish I could still fit in them." I tried to say something to the effect of "I'll never look as good in them as you did, and by the way I think you are just as beautiful now as you were then," although I think it didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to. I hope she understands what I meant.

Whenever I get a few hours to myself, I'll try to slap on some makeup and model my new acquisitions in a photoshoot for you. But don't hold your breath. Those opportunities appear to be far and few between right now.

To my fellow Americans, have a pleasant Memorial Day and don't forget the members of our armed forces, past and present.

Cute story Jaimie! I miss hearing things like that and it's been a while! I used to remember my heart sinking and then an overwhelming feeling of peace and somewhat euphoric. You're a lucky girl and I know it's hard to show restraint but I think that you are right for doing so. Not easy but necessary. Good for you!!!! XOXOXO

btw, you are GORGEOUS! k. ciao
    Opposites attract: I think I took this concept of physics a bit toooo personally!! Hetero, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, TG, TS, TB, BP, BS, ET....I know I fit in there somewhere...but who cares!!! Happiness: lies in self progress, truth, love, and tolerance. I'm Me! No one else can be me but me. Ironic: is how society made me embarrassed to go out in public, and yet the biggest reason I wanna go out is to seek their approval. The fact that girls and guys both CD is an indication to me that there are parallels that exist that allow many of us, at times, to be able to actually feel what it's like to be that opposite sex...in every possible facet. the way they think, feel, react, speak, and more. It's a two way street that many of us intersect down the way. Soooo....Be happy with what you have and SMILE!! Kisses and Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Beautiful story with a beautiful wife, and a lucky you. In time we all expect the pics.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Hi Jamie;
    That was great of your wife to think of you first. She sounds like a special person.
    Make sure you do something special for her now; she deserves it.
    Rader

Coda: Last night as we were going to bed, my wife said to me, "I can't believe how good you looked in that yellow dress tonight." Not knowing how to respond, I said "I really want to thank you for the dresses. That was very thoughtful." "No problem, I'm glad they were able to find a good home," she replied, "in my home." As she turned out the light she said, "Good night, pretty girl." My heart fluttered, and I replied, "Good night, beautiful-er girl." I know beautiful-er isn't a word, but I'm not great with the spoken word, and I wanted to make it clear that I think she is the pretty one.

Jamie your so is a special woman make sure she knows it and hold on to her make sure you do special things for her to make her feel special and beautiful
    hugs
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    "Good night, pretty girl." My heart fluttered, and I replied, "Good night, beautiful-er girl." I know beautiful-er isn't a word, but I'm not great with the spoken word, and I wanted to make it clear that I think she is the pretty one.

Sounds like a bed full of beautiful women to me, and I like your new word, I know my wife is Beautiful-er than I am!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronda View Post
    Jamie your so is a special woman make sure she knows it and hold on to her make sure you do special things for her to make her feel special and beautiful
    YES, You must do something special just for her. It does not have to be a big something, little things
    are the best. Some thing that will make her feel that she is the best....(As she is)
    Rader