Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one of us is the cross dresser?

Which one of us is the cross dresser?

I have been wearing panties full time since she found out about me, she’s not happy about it , makes comments from time to time, but I’m past the point of caring. I have also shaved my underarms for years.

So I was sitting across from my wife the other day and made an interesting observation of how similar we look; Which I wisely kept to myself.

The tan male cargo shorts that I had on hit me a couple inches above the knee . Hers’ were a female brand but the same color and length as mine .

We both had on white ankle high cotton socks and white athletic shoes,

Both os us have on the same male style T-shirts we picked up on vacation, Mine green hers a bark blue.

We both had our hair pulled back into a pony tail.

This is her standard summer attire as what I was wearing is mine
    and we were basically wearing identical outfits .

We were both wearing panties and our underarms were smooth shaven
    The only major difference was that I didn't have my bra on and hadn't shaved my legs since march.

[SIZE="3"]So I was wondering which one of us is the crossdresser?[/SIZE]

Women have had the option to dress lie a male for years, it's kind if reverse discrimination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a tired old argument. It is what it is. Women can dress in things that we can't. No, they are not crossdressing. They are being women and dressing in a manner that is quit acceptable. Bluntly, it's not acceptable for us to wear a bra and skirts. Like I said...it is what it is. Get over it. No, this is not directed at the OP. It's general statement of how I feel and my opinion.

Harsh, Brandy, harsh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Audrey Michelle's SO
    I see the observation, and I see the "double standard", if you will. But, what people are failing to take into consideration is that our "boy like" shorts, are cut FOR a woman's figure. If we were to go to the men's department to get said shorts, they would make a large gap around our waist. Yes, I have worn men's t-shirts, but mostly I buy t-shirts that are cut for women. They are shorter in the torso, have a more form fitting shape, and smaller sleeves. So, really it isn't "Crossdressing" if the clothes are MADE for a woman.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What I find hard to believe is that after making this observation you still did not go in and shave those ugly hairy legs......lol

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

C'mon, a woman who crossdresses is wearing masculine clothes(NOT unisex), binding her breasts, and stuffing a packer in her pants. I know this because I happen to know (and adore) a woman who crossdresses.

It's ridiculous to say a woman in pants is crossdressing, unless you're talking about those rebel broads in the 18th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Harsh, Brandy, harsh.
    I don't think I was harsh at all Jess. It's just reality and the way it is. I accept that without argument.
    I agree with Badtranny as to what is crossdressing in women.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by NicolaNGG View Post
    It's kind of funny, my partner who tried to come to terms with the dressing, but didn't, and it is still an ongoing evolution and like all evolutions will probably take thousands of years.. Well she gets upset at the thought of me possibly dressing.. Yet if I was to wear her tracksuit(sweat) pants and one of her hoodies, (both from the female section) she doesn't bat an eye..
    My guess is that it's not about which section of the store it came from but how 'girly' it looks.. Try it one time, Wear her cargo's etc and see if she even notices..

Nici.
    Nic, forgive me, but you are new to the forum and your screen name has GG at the end. Are you a SO of a CD? This post sounds like you are a CD yourself, and not a genetic female. I feel weird being blunt, but are you male or female?

Nicola, your argument holds no water. Look at all the years that women were treated as second rate citizens and dominated by men. Treated as a possession and worse. Women earned the rights you mentioned. And forward thinking men accepted their rights. I guess to your way of thinking mainstream should just getover it and everyone should have the right to just go naked too. As for the Scots and kilts...as they say, "when in Rome, do as the Romans" Weak argument.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Thats ok Mandy, and forgive the confusion.. I realised the potential for confusion at the moment i finished signing up.. I guess I should have used NicolaNotGG.. :S But I am a CDer, and one that isn't new, I just had to change accounts to keep a modicum of peace..

Nici..
    Thank you! I was so confused! LOL! Well....welcome back!

So I ask you, when do we get to dictate some changes, when do the GG's repay us for accepting their basic rights and allow (and accept) us ours as we did theirs?!
    I guess a few people will be mad at me for saying this, but sometimes you can't sit around waiting for someone to give you your rights, you have to TAKE them. So if you want to wear a dress, stop telling yourself why you can't, and just put one on and wear it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    MandyGG makes a good point those items are made for women.

I think girls definitely have the approval to dress as comfortable as they please. My ex's used to wear my sweats around the house, shirts , boxers....I thought it was cute! And I think thats just it. A girl, in comparison to a man, is usually physically harmless. Thats why I think its ok for them. no one is gonna hurt a girl. Unless shes the big type with the baggy jeans big chain with the spiked hair named deedee and she catches you looking at her girl as that may lead to a violent outcome...even with a guy. But overall, girls are too cute to be judged by what they wear. Guys are different. Society doesn't help but its just not cute to many. Some guys make statements through hate crimes and make it difficult for us to be us. But I think the simple nature of the female species, in all their beauty and perfection, allows for them to get away with many things we cannot. anyways, I hear guys wishing they were girls waaay more than girls wishing to be men. Why? Cause girls are awesome!

Btw, I'm not saying that I think crossdressers aren't cute, I'm just stating the obvious that its much more accepted for girls to cd...and just think too...they can throw on a hat and still be adorable...we would need more than a wig to make up to be passably beautiful...
    Last edited by natacsha; 05-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.

who is crossdressing?

the answer is simple as can be, it is the one dressing to be the opposite of their birth gender. women dressing in male clothes are still women, men dressing in female clothes are still men. the perception is in how you feel about seeing yourself or others dressed opposite.

don't get me wrong as there are female crossdressers, they are just few and far between. women and I am one of them who wears what is comfortable and appropiate for the occassion. I have done that all my adult life both before and after transition. that is my right as a human being, and includes being nude if called for by circumstances. most if not all women feel the same and won't allow anyone to dictate how we dress for long.

Danni

Sounds like, to me anyway................... that neither of you were cross dressed.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    I cant believe this boring and worn out topic has come up yet again!

women dress in clothes to be comfortable - NOT to pretend they are men
    men dress in womens clothes to pretend to be women

if it were just about the clothes then you wouldnt be wearing bra's when you have no boobs to put into them, or wigs to pretend you have girly hair,

As Badtranny stated above, women wear pants, yes, but we dont stuff a hose pipe down the front to pretend we have a penis - or a fake beard & moustache

Nicola, who said you cant wear a dress? you can wear whatever you please - last time I looked it was not against the law for a man to wear a dress
    the only person stopping you is yourself - if you get laughed at or stared at then that's your problem - you're the one pretending to be a different gender, not the women in pants

And why can women do what we can't?! (giving birth etc doesn't count.)
    It should be acceptable for anyone to wear anything they damn well please.. So sorry Brandy, I will not get over it! Mainstream should get over it!! We are beneficially contributing members of society, and what we wear does not change that!
    Oh and the scot's have been wearing 'skirts for centuries.. Scuse me, kilts for good reason..

Once it wasn't acceptable for women to smoke, they changed that..
    Once it wasn't acceptable for women to wear pants, they changed that..
    Once it wasn't acceptable for women to have a career, they changed that..
    Once it wasn't acceptable for women to join the armed forces (other than support roles), they changed that..
    Once it wasn't acceptable for women to vote, they changed that..
    Once it wasn't acceptable for women to....

So I ask you, when do we get to dictate some changes, when do the GG's repay us for accepting their basic rights and allow (and accept) us ours as we did theirs?!

Nici.

Because, they (women) changed that. Women were brave enough to change it, they wore what they wanted when it was not socially correct, they paid the consequences, they fought, and they won the right to wear what they want. They marched in the streets, and at times they even had violent confrontations over their rights.

Women were brave enough to stand up for what they believed and wanted to get where they are, while we hide in our closets. We have not earned the right to wear what we want, women have.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Nicola nobody is stopping you... your whole meme is empty unless you go out there and get it done.. its just howling at the moon..

GG's repay you??? What an entitled self absorbed thought...

Also you ignore that fact that what makes comparisons silly is that women don't go home and masturbate after wearing mens jeans...BECAUSE they wore men's jeans...
    and if you don't get and sexual things out of it, women don't wear men's clothes to feel the comfort of "man time"...

this is what you must address for people to make wearing women's clothes socially and culturally acceptable more broadly..its not the clothes...

if men looked good in a little black dress, they'd wear them...countless times fashionistas have tried "women's" clothes as mens clothes "womanswear" to match "menswear"... it just doesnt work..

You nailed it Kaitlyn. Men look downright ridiculous in a dress without the hair, boobs, shaved allover and makeup. And then, many still look ridiculous trying to look like a woman. Women on the other hand still look great in anything they wear. Now add the sexual aspect of it and it makes sense it's not the same as how women are perceived wearing whatever they want to wear.

Joanna, the answer to your question is very simple, you are. Unless you bought that bra in the mens section of the dept store, and if you did, please tell me where you shop, my stores don't seem to have man bras.
    As far as women getting to wear pants, man style shirts,check your history, no one gave them that right, they just did it, and took a lot of heat for doing it, and it took a long time for it to be come acceptable. The movement started way back in the late 1800's and didn't really become popular, until the guys went off to fight world war 2. So all you need to do is start wearing that dress, get enough others to join, and then in 50 or 60 years, maybe people will get used to it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

and all the macho bullshit we hide behind can be forgotten.. .
    Well Nici, while you're hiding behind "macho bullshit", some of us have stopped pretending altogether and are living our lives out in the open. Closeted people don't change the world and living out loud is not for the timid.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Joanna shave your darn legs and put a bra on and I'll see you as equals.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    C'mon, a woman who crossdresses is wearing masculine clothes(NOT unisex), binding her breasts, and stuffing a packer in her pants. I know this because I happen to know (and adore) a woman who crossdresses. It's ridiculous to say a woman in pants is crossdressing, unless you're talking about those rebel broads in the 18th century.
    This is what I think too. My wife has crossdressed a few times for a costume party at our TG support group, complete with stuck on theatrical facial hair - just for fun -(she calls herself Mark when she does this) anyway,that is what I would call crossdressing as she binds her breasts and wears her 21 year old son's "baggy dude clothes". If woman wears plain pants, tees, shorts etc ... or especially women's cut versions of these, I can't see how she is crossdressing. To me she's gotta be wearing mens' clothes, that look like mens' clothes, and that were bought from the mens' section. That's my 2 cents.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Women have had the option to dress lie a male for years, it's kind if reverse discrimination.
    Jess has made the statment i have beilieve all my life, YOu are so right girl, I guess that is why i don't fit in the cookiecutter.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]