Thread: Have you tried Cosplay yet?

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.

Have you tried Cosplay yet?

Cosplay, dressing up as a specific identifiable person (likely fictional).

Just curious. I think my current obsession is not so much to dress up as just me as female, but to cosplay as the females I particularly love.

I want so bad to go to Anime North as Sailor Moon. I want the whole outfit to be perfect.

I also love Hatsune Miku, and man I want so bad to not try to fret over the skirt length. Her actual skirt is not very long, just about any pose other than standing up straight offers a flash of panties. I WANT to torment the boys.

I also like Megurine Luka (also a vocaloid like Miku). Love that outfit of hers.

All the other outfits are just common clothes to my mind. Just a skirt is just a skirt.
    But Hatsune's skirt, man that would be cool to wear. And the girl is lucky to have an a cup if that.

I would LOVE to cosplay, if i could pass somewhat- or at least look reasonably feminine. I'd do it is a second. perhaps some day

i do it a lot i am on staff of a bunch of different anime conventions. but what i have right now is more of an inspired by anime costume. I want to get a Lolita outfit together to wear when at conventions

I love manga but I don't believe I could pull off some of the characters with how revealing the costumes can be.

Aspiring Member
    I would love to cosplay as a girl character. Do not know when or how but Halloween might be a good time... i am not sure of which character to be... Amanda

I would love to dress as Inori from Guilty Crown but so far have only done the Japanese school girl look.

Though I've never been to a convention, a lot of my Facebook friends who live in Toronto do. They always post a lot of pictures. I think cross gender cosplay is likely to be accepted without too much fuss. Heck, 2 years ago at FanExpo there was a guy dressed as Harley Quinn. People would more likely be interested in the quality of the costume and just look at it as an expression of your love for a character.

I'd love to do Ramona Flowers or Princess Zelda someday, though I don't think I'd be able to pull either one off.

Aspiring Member
    Who? Or am I showing my age?

I would love to do that! Where do you find the costumes?

Aspiring Member

most likely accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverdanceGirl View Post
    Though I've never been to a convention, a lot of my Facebook friends who live in Toronto do. They always post a lot of pictures. I think cross gender cosplay is likely to be accepted without too much fuss. Heck, 2 years ago at FanExpo there was a guy dressed as Harley Quinn. People would more likely be interested in the quality of the costume and just look at it as an expression of your love for a character.
    That is about what I think...crossdress/cosplay most likely to be accepted... but never heard of any around here. Amanda

Alice from the American Mcgee games. will do many more cosplaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Mann View Post
    I would love to do that! Where do you find the costumes?
    Try cosplaymagic.com

Several years ago I bought a Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniform from them. I liked the quality and service. They have lots of cosplay stuff.

I cosplayed before it became a past time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.