Thread: finally came out to my wife

finally came out to my wife

Finally came out and told my wife that I'm a crossdresser.at first she was scared and upset but a lil later she came around and accepted me for who I am. It feels so good to be out of my closet

I am glad to see things went well for you both , just be careful that the pink fog as they like to call it does not set in at this stage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Congratulations. Take it slow and be aware that her acceptance may fluctuate as she tries to get used to this. I highly recommend that you read "Now I Like It, Now I Don't" in the Loved One's section.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...It-Now-I-Don-t

Disclosure is such an important step, IMHO, but also such a personal one. I hope it's right for you.

Be careful though about your choice of words. It's not so much that you are freed from your closet. Rather, you pulled her into it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

That's great Brandi. I might add to the great advice that you've already gotten, to keep the conversation going. Communication is vital. And the most important part of communication is listening. Make sure that you listen to her, not so much to try to respond to her, but listen with the intent of understanding her feelings and needs.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Congrats on giving your inner self some long needed relief. Now the real work begins, albeit, without the closet stress for the most part. What you have done is tossed your spouse into a new world she never asked for, nor ever thought about, and probably has no idea as to what to expect from it, good, bad or otherwise, so the importance of staying connected with her now is more important than ever. Offer support, access to info., etc. and compliment her more now than ever before, daily to remind her you are still you. Go slow with the feeling of a new found freedom. She won't see it quite the same way you do so keep that in mind. If you communicate with her openly, honestly, and regularly, you should be able to avoid almost any conflict. Remember, this is all new to her and she will need time to absorb the impact on her life.
    My s/o and I have developed a complete acceptance of each other. The three of us live harmoniously in our daily lives. This came about slowly through honesty, openness, and sharing.

Telling an accepting wife can change your whole live, just don't go over board and scare her, that has reversed the acceptance in more than one case around here.
    I told my wife over 36 years ago, it was the best thing I ever did.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Good for you. Sounds like yours went better than mine.. I hope things continue to grow.
    Good Luck

I'm glad it went well for you Brandy. Great advice here I have nothing to add.

Gold Member
    You did the rite thing; telling your wife is the first step in keeping you together.
    Now go slow, as not to over whelm her on this issue.
    Rader

Miriam
    Congratulations, Brandy, on getting up the courage and on your wife's response. It's all been said quite well here in the replies above, but let me emphasize as well: go slow, communicate a lot, let her know how much you love her, and answer every question patiently and lovingly. Best of luck as this continues to develop.

Miriam