Thread: Negotiations

Negotiations

Well, the story has a new twist. The wife and I had an agreement about my dressing. She is a tolerant woman and preferred I dressed while nobody was home. This worked out well while I had the time, that is until recently when the kids graduated, my mother in law moved in with us, and it just went down hill time wise since then. I recently found out my daughter in law knows, I know everyone in my house knows. None are comfortable with me dressing, so dressing is a rare thing for me now. So, now to the point, I've decided to revisit the issue with my wife. We are currently discussing me going out and dressing. (This is where circumstance actually helped me out!) I have a very dear friend who's hubby recently came out to her and I now have a close to home option to dress! My wife and I have had a discussion about this and she seemed to be kind of ok with it. I'm hopeful future conversations will go as well as the first! But, I'm nervous. Being in the closet my entire life and not really trusting anyone with this, now I want to go out, be with people. Is there an easier way to shut my nerves up? Or is it just a go and do it thing? Many other things run through my mind, but I wanted to write this all down and tell people. Wish me luck!
    [SIZE="3"]Ramie[/SIZE]

Follow your dream.
    There's no perfect rule book but you are following the golden rule: talking about it. Open communication is the best option so keep on talking with your wife. Just be patient.

Good luck Ramie! Talk things over with your wife and if she is ok with it then perhaps you and your friend can have some girl time together! Let those nerves take care of themself! They will get better as you go! Have fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You have taken the proper approach. There is only one way to quiet your nerves about going out. GO OUT. Take it slow at first. Drive around, maybe stop and pump gas, i did, and it was wonderful. Good luck.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.