Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not always about the sexual aspect of dressing!

It's not always about the sexual aspect of dressing!

GM's are sexually driven as part of the primal instinct to procreate. When hormones are raging dressing is/was sexually motivated for many of us. Eventually for most of us this wears off and then it can change to be a way of relaxing or a need to feel right. None of us chose to be TG, it chose us.

If you look on the internet it's mostly about sex and dating. It's not always that way. Most sites about CDing use sex as a way to get people interested and generate web traffic. Many of the senior members here do not dress for sexual pleasure at all. The TS women are not even interested in the clothes for the most part except to blend in with their core gender (female). It's a journey for all us of and we arrive at different destinations for whatever reason. "One size does not fit all".

Again, this is JMO. I'm not a gender therapist.

*disclaimer* I'm not having a light bulb moment. This post is geared towards visitors, and new GG's who may think it's only sexually motivated.

Comments are welcome.
    Last edited by Marleena; 05-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I agree, it is not always sexual in nature. For some of us it is relaxing and can acutally shut the sexual aspect almost down. For me a quick way to shut down libido/sexual desires is to start getting dressed in girl mode/mood. IMO Amanda
    Last edited by JamieQ; 05-29-2012 at 09:48 AM.

I should have been a nun... For me.... It's never about sex..... I can't remember what sex is. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I will agree. As a teenager I cross dressed with sexual motivation. As a senior member when I am en femme I really forget about the clothes. I'm pretty fast and organized, so when I make my selection of the dress for the day, I'm quickly into the slip and undergarments and heels. Then it is just plain relaxing and serenity and inner peace. Sex en femme would just be too mentally complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I should have been a nun... For me.... It's never about sex..... I can't remember what sex is. Lol.
    Ditto !!!

At one time in my life there may have been some sexual excitement of dressing. But that was back when I remembered what sex was. lol

Now it's just the enjoyment of being myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lol..I can relate. This might just start a run on nun costumes. Maybe some pictures will turn up in the picture gallery.

Mine isn't sex. It is total narcissism. I like to be pretty. And when sex is brought up, I usually look for a way out (not always...I do still like sex it just doesn't happen very often). In my time of life, it is about me...the center of the universe, me, all about me
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Mine isn't sex. It is total narcissism. I like to be pretty. And when sex is brought up, I usually look for a way out (not always...I do still like sex it just doesn't happen very often). In my time of life, it is about me...the center of the universe, me, all about me
    Congratulations Lorileah you have finally made it. You must truly be a girl with that statement. LMAO

[Don't worry I'm the same way]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Atta girl! I like that attitude.

I don't excite myself any more these days when I dress Marleena. I do, however, seem to excite others of both sexes. Whoulda figured?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I don't excite myself any more these days when I dress Marleena. I do, however, seem to excite others of both sexes. Whoulda figured?
    Then you're doing it right Kate!

For me, it's always about the sexual aspect. I can't comprehend how a non-TS person would engage in a taboo activity like crossdressing in the absence of an irresistable sexual compulsion. Nonetheless, I believe many of you are sincere when you claim it is non-sexual, I just don't get it.

Yes,
    For me it was sexual when I was in my teens ans 20's but, since my 30s, the urge to dress has increased while the sexual aspects of it have decreased dramatically. For the most part, I just like being a gal

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Beck View Post
    For me, it's always about the sexual aspect. I can't comprehend how a non-TS person would engage in a taboo activity like crossdressing in the absence of an irresistable sexual compulsion. Nonetheless, I believe many of you are sincere when you claim it is non-sexual, I just don't get it.
    I'm not sure why Marilyn. I wish I had the answers for you. There was one member in particular that constantly said we only did it for sexual reasons. I didn't get her reasoning either.

You are 100% correct! Sex is secondary! Who I am is uno! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena
    GM's are sexually driven as part of the primal instinct to procreate. When hormones are raging dressing is/was sexually motivated for many of us. Eventually for most of us this wears off and then it can change to be a way of relaxing or a need to feel right. None of us chose to be TG, it chose us.
    [SIZE="2"]“Most people have their brains between their legs. Some don’t...” (Morrissey)

The hormones have successfully raged for a long time, but please don’t feel I’m boasting – when I am away from the site I am in the clutches of HIM, and she has to ride it out. I can honestly say that my crossdressing has never been sexually motivated, in fact it calms me down to such a degree that I forget all about my male requirements – CD’ing helps me to manage the male...
    [/SIZE]

If you look on the internet it's mostly about sex and dating. It's not always that way. Most sites about CDing use sex as a way to get people interested and generate web traffic. Many of the senior members here do not dress for sexual pleasure at all. The TS women are not even interested in the clothes for the most part except to blend in with their core gender (female). It's a journey for all us of and we arrive at different destinations for whatever reason. "One size does not fit all".
    [SIZE="2"]The sexuality angle certainly doesn’t “fit” me, in fact I am repulsed by this nagging idea that dressing up as a woman is aligned with other truly perverted practices – this makes explanation very difficult, and nobody believes me when I tell them that dressing up is much like having a relaxing cup of tea whilst wearing your favorite outfit. Changing genders by way of clothing is a sexual practice, at least by definition, but I routinely drain all the sex out of it and go my merry way...
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I always thought I hadway too much sex drive, maybe more than other GMs, but we all probably have a bit too much for our own good sometimes. CDing for me is like hitting a switch and turning it off, then I really feel good! I don't have that nagging sex drive to distract me, but I come back into guy mode and its right back. I always thought if the sex drive was more in the background then I could concentrate on other things and perhaps life could be a bit more productive/fullfillive. I just wish Western society was more acceptive of CDing, if able to dress more feminine 24/7 I know I would be more fulfilled. Not possible for me at this present time but the periods of time when I can are so looked forward to. Some say that femenine husbands do make better mates, maybe because they are not sex driven maniacs 24/7! IMO.... Amanda

Another fascinating thread. I like that despite the fact that we come from such diverse origins, ( what started us off ) and have such a wide range of results from our CDing, we can discuss this like adults for the most part. I've come to understand more of the human condition, and my own drives and needs, from this board than anything else in my life. Thank you everyone.

From an early age it was always strongly sexual. The sight and feel of female clothing, especially lingerie, was very arousing. Later in life it became less so and the calm enjoyment became important but the sexual aspect is still there very stongly. I have a friend who is post-op and for her the drive was simply that it felt right to live as a woman. She told me that she has the sexual drive of a barnacle, and that is probably unfair to barnacles. We cover a very broad spectrum and we should not judge others from the experience of our vantage point alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Many of the senior members here do not dress for sexual pleasure at all. The TS women are not even interested in the clothes for the most part except to blend in with their core gender (female). It's a journey for all us of and we arrive at different destinations for whatever reason.
    Marleena, I'm not sure what your point is, if there is one, except to say that crossdressing is not always sexual. I thought we all already knew that. But for some, it is sexual, and we already knew that, too. Sure, a TS interest in clothes is primarily to blend or express their identity, and yet this is a site (and more particularly, this MtF CD forum) about crossdressing. Not everyone here is TS; some of us are CD and for many of us it IS about the clothes.
    There is a forum for discussing TS issues, but my observation is that the admins and mods allow such discussion in this forum. That's fine because they run the show. While we don't need to get into the details about the sexual aspect of crossdressing, the acknowledgement that there is a sexual aspect to crossdressing for some CD's doesn't violate forum rules, and is pertinent crossdressing discussion.
    Crossdressing isn't always about gender identity, For some of us, it's just about gender presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Marleena, I'm not sure what your point is, if there is one, except to say that crossdressing is not always sexual. I thought we all already knew that. But for some, it is sexual, and we already knew that, too. Sure, a TS interest in clothes is primarily to blend or express their identity, and yet this is a site (and more particularly, this MtF CD forum) about crossdressing. Not everyone here is TS; some of us are CD and for many of us it IS about the clothes.
    There is a forum for discussing TS issues, but my observation is that the admins and mods allow such discussion in this forum. That's fine because they run the show. While we don't need to get into the details about the sexual aspect of crossdressing, the acknowledgement that there is a sexual aspect to crossdressing for some CD's doesn't violate forum rules, and is pertinent crossdressing discussion.
    Crossdressing isn't always about gender identity, For some of us, it's just about gender presentation.
    Thanks Nicole there really is no point for most of the members except discussion, they know.

It is actually useful for new members, visitors, and new GG's. That was the reason for posting.

Thanks, Marleena. I don't disagree with anything you said, but I just didn't understand why you said it. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Thanks, Marleena. I don't disagree with anything you said, but I just didn't understand why you said it. Thanks for clarifying.
    You're welcome! Sometimes there is a method to my madness. Other times not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Lol..I can relate. This might just start a run on nun costumes. Maybe some pictures will turn up in the picture gallery.
    I'll lend you my nun costume. The nuns at the local convent made me take a vow to never return when I tried to apply for a position!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

At one time it was sexual with me, now it's more trying to look good and younger.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud