Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does just wearing 1 or 2 articles of women's clothing make u a crossdresser?

Does just wearing 1 or 2 articles of women's clothing make u a crossdresser?

I haven't been around much lately, things have been really quiet with my friends CDing since our full dress up session. We still talk but not so much about this subject.

But I got to thinking about it today. He hasn't wanted to dress like that again ( or at least as far as I know and I think he'd tell me) but has been wearing stockings on occasion and women's underwear even less often. He seems to NOT be interested in dressing in any more than that again, or at least not right now.

SO my question is.... is he really even a crossdresser? I mean he likes the feel of the stockings and underwear but if he has no intrest in going any further than those things on occasion then is that really even crossdressing? I would think he'd want to take it further than just that?

Doesn't matter to me either way, just thinking about it.

Just don't wear clothing made of two different materials....as stated in the Old Testament: Deuteronomy 22:11 You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We're all different, GG. And, the urge comes and goes to varying degrees, with many of us. The first thing I ever tried on was some ladies jeans. Then, I didn't think of trying on another thing for a year!

I'm NOT going to make any predictions about your BF. But, if I were u, I wouldn't throw away his stash just yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crossdressers comes in all shapes and desires. With some it doesn't count unless they transform themselves into a a woman and then go out. Others are content to dress in part and then stay home. Some love pantihose, others love nighties. Some dress all the time, others dress now and then. But if they find happiness wearing women's clothing, they are all crossdressers.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If you wear any clothing of the opposite sex, you are technically a crossdresser! Maybe not what those of us on this forum would actually consider a crossdresser, but technically yes he is!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There can be many reasons for his not wanting to... Like one could be and I say could be . that he might be fighting with himself, Like when some of us fight an inside battle of shame , guilt , hatred etc. Or that quick little dress up session satisfied his dressing need for a while. One thing were good at is denying our true selves. But I can't say just a thought. What ever his reason Like it was said before don't let him Purge....(thats throw all his girly stuff away) ! Just be there for him and tell him that its ok to be who he really is inside and when he's ready you'll be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Audrey Michelle's SO
    My husband didn't dress for 2 years.... but, during that 2 years, yes... he was still a crossdresser.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Bailey

Is a woman a crossdresser when she wears tennis shoes and sweat socks and a college sweatshirt? If a guy wears bikini underwear and women's jeans is he a crossdresser? Personally, I feel you need to be wearing far more than a couple of items of clothing to be considered cross dressing. But that's just me...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    If all I can put on are a pair of panties for the day, I am still a crossdresser. Don't worry about him, he may be fighting inner demons as we all have our thoughts to sort out of one kind or another. Just continue to be there with and for him.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Baileystheone View Post
    Is a woman a crossdresser when she wears tennis shoes and sweat socks and a college sweatshirt? If a guy wears bikini underwear and women's jeans is he a crossdresser? Personally, I feel you need to be wearing far more than a couple of items of clothing to be considered cross dressing. But that's just me...
    Not all the time, Bailey.

Her friend, was full on dressing, and stopped for his own reasons. Almost like a purge. Just because he slowed down to a few items, doesn't stop him from being one still. He will dress fully again, in time.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

I agree with most the responses here. I often go long preriods without fully dressing or even under-dressing. Other times I might where 1 or 2 items for a while. But, ultimately I know who and what I am. The passion never goes away.

CROSS-DRESSING: the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex

According to Merriam-Webster

I would say yes, that fits the definition.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i dunno even if i underdress with a pair of panties or what not somehow i don't consider it crossdressing unless i go all the way. that's just me though

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    If you wear any clothing of the opposite sex, you are technically a crossdresser! Maybe not what those of us on this forum would actually consider a crossdresser, but technically yes he is!
    Is that is true, then almost all women (GGs) are crossdressers.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I'm not going to get all philosophical in my answer (though the topic reminds me a bit of "if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it..."), or try to predict what it is your friend may be feeling, but I'll simply explain my own experiences in the off chance that it'll provide some insight here.

I LOVE being Lauren. Love it! Pulling the whole look together, being as complete as possible, brings about some of the best emotions I've ever felt. But just as some of us have bad hair days, I've had bad everything days when my look has been so sub-par that I kind of lose my enthusiasm for doing a complete transformation. During those periods, I didn't completely swear off of my dress-up periods (at least for very long), but I didn't have a desire or need to put on makeup, or sometimes even a wig, or do some of the other things that typically make me feel complete. I'm not exactly sure why this has happened. It could be that the poor outcomes gave me a "why bother?" attitude. It could also be sort of a self-protection mechanism: By dressing up only part way, I'm leaving open the possibility that I might conceivably attain a satisfactory look with a stronger effort, and my brain can kind of fill in the blanks and overlook the obvious flaws. If I go for the complete package and wind up falling short of what I'd like, I tend to be much more critical, as it's the best look I'm capable of at that particular time.

Another experience I'll share -- and I've already babbled too long -- is this: As much as I enjoy wearing complete outfits (whether or not I'm going for a complete look with makeup), there are instances in which I don't have the energy or time to really dress up, but will still "be" Lauren. Sometimes when I'm reading, or cooking, or doing something else around the home, I'll slip into Lauren mode even if I'm not wearing much, if any, of her clothing. So the absence of full dress-up sessions or even feminine attire does not necessarily mean that the girl inside is absent as well.

Would a regular guy (not a crossdresser) ever even consider putting on a women's garment? Therein lies the answer (IMHO).

It has to do with the intent. If your friend is wearing these garments specifically because they are feminine, then he is CDing.

We had a member here some years back who asked about women's construction boots. I posted pics of both, men's and women's boots. They looked identical, except for the sizing and the men's were less expensive, and asked why he didn't buy those. He said it was because it was more fun to wear women's. This member was CDing. lol
    Reine

Male crossdressers have a female gender identity to one degree or another. We dress in women's clothing to express that identity, to contact that part of ourselves. A woman who dresses in jeans, sweatshirts, etc. is not doing so to express a part of her identity. That's the difference between a male crossdresser and a woman wearing men's clothing. I would say that if a man is only wearing panties and pantyhose underneath his masculine attire, he's still crossdressing because he's doing so to express his feminine identity. At least that's my understanding. (Or maybe he just didn't have anything else clean to wear!)

Silver Member
    Nothing he is going through is that unusual, so I would not worry too much about it. One's desire to crossdress can vary greatly from person to person, and even then for each person it can vary over time. The odds are his desire to dress may return in time, so I would encourage him not to purge.

Even then, a majority of males who wear women's clothing only wear one or two or maybe a few items and do not dress fully. I would imagine that, statistically speaking, that most males who wear lingerie do not want to wear anything else or go further and are content with just the lingerie.

As has been said already, it's not about the clothes or what clothes or how often. Does he have a feminine gender identity that he expresses at varying times to varying degrees? If the answer is yes then yes, he is a cross dresser. Every so often I have gone through a period where it was just couldn't be bothered / not interested / damn just happy being a guy today. Also every so often I think you do have a look in the mirror and go "well, thats weird" and you go, hmm, we'll try something different for a bit. But it always comes back. Because it really is about gender identity and I don't think that really changes much.

You can argue it both ways but I would be inclined to agree with ReineD in that with just wearing a small amount of what would normally be female clothes it would be the intent of wearing it , but (always that but) seeing that he has gone all the way in the past I would suspect that there is at least a bit of intent going on .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    Coming from a non cross dresser's perspective, Once you have accepted this you have accepted all of it.

Julia

IMHO - CD'ing is as much a state of mind as it is the outer presentation of clothing. I often can only wear under clothing and toe-nail polish. But I'm a crossdresser 24/7 - regardless of what I'm wearing. It's in my head all the time! It's part of who / what I am.

The desire to fully dress comes and goes (ok, so it's mostly there 24/7), but opportunity isn't always there. But just because opportunity and circumstance prevent me from fully presenting femme, I'm still a crossdresser and always will be.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

dressing is mandatory, meaning being around people in no clothes is usually frowned upon. But what you are wearing isn't so much. There aren't any arrows or bells or whistles that go off when a crossdresser takes a shower or a bath. So even if you are naked you are still a crossdresser. I have never dressed fully until last year, when I realized that there was a change in the way I felt about putting on woman's clothes. Now I do it at least 2-3 times a week and underdress all the time.

Well there is something that others and I call the pink fog. It may have lifted over by where he lives but he is still a cross-dresser.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Imagine the following scene: a poor young kid takes a girl back home after a date. Her parents are gone, and she jumps all over him. Not at all what he was anticipating, so he's not exactly prepared. She quickly gets him down to his matching, pink lace bra and panties, where she stops, flabbergasted.

Says she, "You ***** *****!"

And he replies, "I'm not a crossdresser. It's only two items!"

Best wishes, Annabelle