Thread: homemaker wants SRS

katie6819

Question homemaker wants SRS

Hi, I have a question about working up to SRS.

I understand that doctors want you to work a full year as a women before they will OK the surgery. My wife and I are in a unique situation, I am the homemaker and she is the 'bread winner'. I raise our twins, do all the cooking (from scratch I might add) do all the shopping ect.. I do this a a woman but does that qualify as working? My wife and I have been together for 17 years and she and I are staying together and we will live as two women but we have agreed that our relationship will remain the same (except for a slight change in our lovemaking-lol). Do you think this will be acceptable? I am just curious as to your opinions, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Kisses
    -Kate

Departed
    The Standards of Care do not require you to work as a woman for a year, only live as a woman. They are not written in concrete either. I know one TS who had SRS only one month after entering therapy.

What you will typically experience though is having to have undergone three months of therapy, number of visits not important, before you can begin HRT. Then you can begin your year of living full time. You will require two letters for SRS. Typically your therapist should be able to help you get the second one.

Exclamation The Real Life Test

Katie,
    The real life test only requires that you live full time as a woman for at least 12 months - and if being a home maker isn't a full time job I don't know what is. I see no conflict or problem here - talk to your therapist about your situation and I suspect that your situation will not present any major problems - not with the number of people who have transitioned in their 50's and 60's after retirement. Good luck and keep us up on how it goes.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

katie6819

Smile thanks

Thanks for your information and caring. I live as a women now does that count? and I am only 37 so I guess I'm not too old yet huh? ROFL

Kisses
    -Kate