Thread: Difficulties In Choosing A Name?

Difficulties In Choosing A Name?

First off, I didn't put this in the sticky female name thread because that seems more for telling other about your female name whereas this particular topic is about my lack of one.

So more or less, I've only been out in public a few times En Femme but dress up at home whenever I feel like it. My wife, a bit of time after I first told about my CDing, asked me if I had a female name. We've talked about it a lot and came up with a few ideas but nothing sounds quite right to me. I can't imagine calling myself by any of them (even my male name is weird to me, maybe just names in general). There are so many pretty names out there but none seem right for me.

I know most other CDer's went with what their mothers would've called them if they'd been born with the opposite gender or named themselves after an important woman or rolemodel in their lives but my mother had some awful names for me and other than my wife, I have no important women or rolemodels in my life.

So I'm stuck and would like some advice on how to pick a suitable name.

Also, when I'm out En Femme I'm even even more shy than I am when dressed in drab. Which is to say very, very, incredibly shy. It's not like I'm going to introduce myself to every stranger I meet and I rarely talk much at all (I prefer to listen). So if I'm not introducing myself at social gatherings is a female name even necessary?

Thanks for your responses in advance
    Last edited by pacificblue; 05-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.

My suggestion to you is to let your wife pick a name for you. It would perhaps make her feel more a part of your female persona at home. I admit, I am somewhat of a romantic, so when my first wife wanted me to have a name, she picked it. I was happy she cared enough to want to do it. Then after we divorced, my now SO didnot like that name, so she re-named me to what she likes. Again, I am very happy she wanted to be a part of me in this small way.

Banned Read only
    I currently find myself in a similar situation. And the same as you, no name seems to hit me right.

This would be easier if it was more like the deaf community. Deaf people give other deafs and interpreters their "sign name." Parents give "sign names" to kids, and some one entering the community late, like me, get their "sign name" from deaf people they meet.

Imagine TGs giving you your name when you join their group, the name being based off of a random aspect about your personality or whatever...

I always liked the name Hannah, and then I heard that the Japanese word (at least it was in the 17th century...) for female impersonator was 'anagota' which rhymes with...Hannah Gotta.

Love, Hannah

Pick a name that you like. Try it on and if you still like it then its yours.

I found that a name helped me to identify with trhis side of me and to be honest it was an amazing turning point. My name came to me overnight... I had been playing with lots of possibilities... e.g. could I use a credit card easily (ie my initials and no title), did it 'feel' right...?

I am Kaz... short for Karen... close enough for comfort! xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Take your time with it. I researched my new name a lot, especially on name and baby name websites. It has to "click" for you.

Since you seem to have an inquesitive and accepting wife, as Brandy suggested ask her to name you. If that will not work, you might be able to use your given first or middle names as a starting point and combine it with a female name to come up with the perfect name for you.