Thread: just want to share

just want to share

I had a very busy weekend I went to a nail salon and had a pedi then i had a french pedicure. The lady that did this for me was very surprised and gave me a are you sure look, but she did it and i love how it came out. Then i went to kohls and bought me a brawith clear straps and more quizzical looks but i didn't care. I ended the weekend by going to the mall and buying some v neck tops and mini skirts from wet seal, with more strange looks but guess what nobody said nothing.
    P.S. I was in boy mode so stop making excuses and just do it. nobody cares as long as your money is good.

Thanks for sharing! How true it is! Nobody cares! Money talks! Glad you had a good time! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

That's been my experience, too, Cindy. I haven't done any shopping yet en femme, but I've done a fair bit in drab, and my experience is that nobody cares. Out of all the many shops I've been in, I've only had one "quizzical look". Whether people suspect I'm buying for myself, I don't know. But I do know they don't care. They just want to make a sale.

Best wishes, Annabelle
    Last edited by Foxglove; 05-28-2012 at 10:32 AM.

If no one cares, what where all the strange looks about? Just because no said anything, does not mean they don't care. It's that you don't care, not everyone can agree with that, some of us do care. I'm not trying to talk you out of going out, but then I get tired of people around here trying to talk everyone into it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Tina, I personally am not trying to talk anybody into doing anything they don't want to do, and I never will. I'm simply reporting on my own experience, and other people can take it for what they think it's worth.

For me, shopping in drab is no big deal. There are other things that would be a very big deal. But if there are people who don't want to go shopping in drab or en femme and prefer to order everything on-line, that's totally up to them.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Sometimes being in boy mode can be fun, especially if you strike up a good rappour withthe sales people.
    Some are actually interested in the CD population and how it works.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats. Sounds like a good day. For me, I think buying lingerie in drab may be a bit easier than a skirt or dress since guys do buy sexy things for thier SO's but rarely clothing. That said, I haven't tried it yet, so I'm sure I'll be pretty nervous when the time comes.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    You are right on. I shop all the time in the boy mode. A few looks and smiles but I always feel fine shopping in the boy mode.

I'm sorry if i offended anyone. The point that i was trying to convey was that it is a lot more cheaper to buy clothes from regular stores and even better if they have sales. Getting your eyebrows and nails done profesionally may be extreme for some of you girls but hey at least consider it you never know, you might like it.

Aspiring Member
    No offense taken! If one is a cd long enough and you buy clothing for yourself by shopping in a store, you come to the realization that when you really come down to it; nobody cares. Most of us don't have the time to get off work, rush home, change our clothes and appearance and then go out shopping for that special article of clothing or outfit we have in our mind that we MUST have....As a result, we might browse the store shopping or on occasion we may take our selections to a fitting room to make sure that the style and fit are just as perfect in reality as we dreamed about in our mind. For example: yesterday was Tuesday Club at Ross (senior discount day) and after work I wanted to shop for a white mid-length skirt for evening summer wear. As I went down the racks looking through the offerings, I found two to my liking but one was a size too small (maybe) and one was one size too big. So right there in the aisle, I removed each, the smaller one first of course, from the clip hanger and held it up in front of me stretching the elastic waist band to each side of my hips. Too bad, too small, won't stretch far enough. The second selection, an XL, also with an elastic waist band stretched perfectly (much to my dismay) and when looking around there were two shoppers and one stock clerk, all women, watching me. I looked at the two shoppers and said, "I hate it when your second choice is the perfect fit, don't you?" Everyone laughed and went on their merry way.

Aspiring Member
    Tina B.: strange looks are simply strange looks. When someone is acting peculiar or when I see a high schooler in strange looking color schemes, I give them a strange look. It doesn't mean that I disapprove but simply that in my mind.....is is strange to me. 50 or 60 years ago, people gave women who wore pants in public "strange looks". They just found it to odd or unusual, not necessary disapproving. I know actions speak louder than word but strange looks really don't affect me. Sticks and stone may break my bones, but strange looks will never hurt me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    If no one cares, what where all the strange looks about? Just because no said anything, does not mean they don't care. It's that you don't care, not everyone can agree with that, some of us do care. I'm not trying to talk you out of going out, but then I get tired of people around here trying to talk everyone into it.
    Tina B.
    I agree Tina just because no one says anything doesn't mean they don't have a reaction to your appearance. For me the fact that I don't care is all that maters. I actually had a sales clerk treat me great on a shopping trip whlle in drab. Because of that I went back a second time expecting a nice experience. That time she politely asked me not to come back again. Go figure!

On the other hand I don't believe that anyone is trying to talk anyone into it. We're all adults and can make our own decisions. I shop for women's clothing in enfemme and drab. Not all experiences are good but most are.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    I actually had a sales clerk treat me great on a shopping trip whlle in drab. Because of that I went back a second time expecting a nice experience. That time she politely asked me not to come back again. Go figure!
    A sales clerk said that? I wonder what authority she would have had to treat a customer like that. And I wonder what the management would have had to say to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    A sales clerk said that? I wonder what authority she would have had to treat a customer like that. And I wonder what the management would have had to say to her.
    I wish I could answer that. I didn't do anything to deserve it. When I shop in drab I am always considerate of other shoppers and never make a scene that would cause a disruption in their business.
    Also I don't believe that she was representing the business, but more her personal views.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyc6 View Post
    P.S. I was in boy mode so stop making excuses and just do it. nobody cares as long as your money is good.
    Well..... I have a couple bets I made that I'm pretty sure I'm going to loose...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    I wish I could answer that. I didn't do anything to deserve it. When I shop in drab I am always considerate of other shoppers and never make a scene that would cause a disruption in their business.
    Also I don't believe that she was representing the business, but more her personal views.
    Katie, knowing myself as I do, I know that I would have been sorely tempted to demand to speak to the manager and cause a big fuss if I had to. Of course, you're in an awkward situation, given that you're shopping for girly stuff. But with my hot temper, I might have done it anyway.

Annabelle

What is a french pedicure?

Aspiring Member
    Oh, mon dieu! Est la pieds ma cheri!