Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone not want to be a crossdresser?

I doubt that I would have chosen to be a crossdresser but I was not given the choice, it is something beyond my control. I have thoroughly enjoyed the adventures I've had while dressed and have no guilt or remorse about my dressing. If I were to suddenly become "normal" my life would not be nearly as interesting and I. Don't know what I would do with all those clothes.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Oh, how I hate the term cross-dressing! We simply want to get out of the horribly narrow constraints placed on males as far as clothing and grooming are concerned. If only we could go back to the times when it was normal for boys to wear dresses and Mary Jane shoes, and have long hair - the 1940's and before. Some reprobates got it in their minds to spew forth their bilge about how "boys don't wear that", "boys don't do that", "Be a man" and how society got infected with those perverse ideas. Parents that say that to their boys in my opinion are engaging in child abuse that has resulted in the pandemic of "masculine anxiety" paranoia.

I would dare say that when boys wore dresses if a man wanted to wear a dress it was not such a big deal. Back then it was the women who were persecuted for wearing pants.

Now if a man could wear a robe or kilt and wear war-paint makeup with the acceptance of society we would not be seeing all the hang-ups that litter this website. It's a shame that 911 happened since it would be nice to wear an Arabic robe but that would bring back painful memories - look at SkirtCafe.org and you will not see men wearing Arabic robes or thobes. They wear skirts, kilts, and dresses.
    Most of society breeds on giving everything a "term" and loves nothing more than placing people in pigeon holes. I also dislike the label cross-dressing & or; CD & or; TV etc...etc but until society stops labelling people and just accepts each person as an individual these derogative terms along with there out-dated beliefs will be generally accepted - nothing changes if nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    If I were to suddenly become "normal"
    What's normal to some is abnormal to others. What's your definition of "normal" Vanessa?

In answer to the OP question, no I wouldn't take a pill. Where there is ying there is also yang. I'm who I am today from experiencing everything in my life, good bad or indifferent and wouldn't want to change anything going forward.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 05-29-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: answering OP question
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

For something that has caused me so much anguish over the years and no doubt my family you would think I would be very quick in saying Yes but somehow the answer is no I would not take a pill to stop me , I think it is the power of evolution some how force's me to do it ( well that my excuse) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Hear hear Marleena, why am I dressing like a boy?

As for complications, well life deals you some cards, sadly some of them are 2s. Could be worse, compared to what some people have to go through (illness etc).

Silver Member
    If it would make more more attractive to GGs and I knew it would finally allow me to find an SO, yes I would take it.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Of course I'd take that pill!!!

Now, if they make me choose: a pill to kill all my desire to crossdress and a pill that makes me pretty and passable and don't look anymore as a lame guy in a dress... Then it would be a hard call!!!

A definite NO. I feel that I have the best of both worlds. I am happy with, and have come to accept that this is who I am.

As far as taking "the pill" in order NOT to CD; NO, I WOULDN'T!!!!!! I like becoming the girl who lives inside me, the only drawback is that I should have done more to let her out. I would T O T A L L Y transition but I'm much to old now so I have to compromise and accept who I am (and I have) and (who I can't be). I LOVE becoming my alter ego. You mentioned "normal", what is normal????? I come to the conclusion that my brain is wired just a little differently, I like dressing as the girl that I should have been born but I have a male body(ugh ugh). If ever you saw me you would think that I'm a "normal" male, On the outside I am, inside I am my alter ego, I am the girl!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

At this point in my life I would have to say "No Way!". But in my teenage years, probably yes. Back then it was very confusing because to a majority of the "public" cd'ing=gay. And I am not gay(not that there is a problem with those that are).
    But now I've learned to embrace it more. Even more since I have joined this site and no longer feel alone. As others have said, I believe it is a part of who I am. And I like who I am!

Erin
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

I wish is wasnt crossdressing at all, that I was just a real girl wearing my normal girly cloths. But aside from that option, I would'nt give it up because it would mean loosing a valued part of myself that I have come to love.

- April
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

Me no, ask my wife about the pill, she crossdresses all the time! lol

What hobbies does an ex cross dresser take up?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

After all the years working on overcoming the guilt and purging im at a fairly happy spot in my life (except for work) i would not give it up now ,i rather enjoy it and probally always will .Like i said to much work has gone into this to stop or wanting to stop
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

If it would make my life less complicated, I would take any pill. However, I am what I am. There is nothing that can change who I am except self acceptance. I would miss looking through all those women's catalogs and fantasying about wearing all those different outfits and deciding which one's would look good on me.

Really the only thing I think about is that if I wasn't a TS/CDer how would my life be different? It would be greatly diiferent and I probably would be rich because I wouldn't have invested so much time and energy in my 'femme' self. Also, I would have completed my education plus a lot more.

I would take it. Hopefully it would take the pain, shame, guilt and depression away also. Maybe there should be a pill for those that view this hobby negativly and help them be more accepting of others all around.

Sorry just a little depressed today.

i like being a cd, wish i was more than that though,,, time will tell

A pill that would make me stop looking at fem clothes, not want to buy heels, and stop looking at actresses on tv or movies wondering what shoes they matched with that outfit? A chance to stop worrying how much money I have in the bank to buy something from Torrid? Or looking for a new mastectomy bra to fit my new breasts I just got lucky enough to win on ebay for $100? And at times feeling lonely because I do not have another crossdresser to talk to or meet up with?

I couldn't do it, being Michele allows me to break away from being that guy who works 10 hours a day. Being Michele has allowed me to finally break down and cry when as a man I am supposed to be strong for the family, especially after my mom's death. Being Michele may not be the greatest way to 'get away from a man's life' but it is the most fashionable way of doing it .

Why would I want to take that pill? I enjoy wearing my feminine things, and probably in a dress most of the time. I don't try to "pass", heck, I don't even go out the front door in a dress. (I could be arrested for "Ugly in a public place".) I enjoy my male side when it is necessary and am a proud member of the VFW and MOPH. My wife enjoys both sides of my persona. Nope, I'll leave well enough alone and just be both sides of me.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I definitely could do without the complications that my desire to dress has caused.

I'm trying to think of a good reason why I wouldn't want to CD. So far, nothing comes to mind.

Oh, wait: then other people might like me better. But why would I want to be liked by people who hate CDing?

Is there a pill that would turn transphobes into transgender?

Annabelle

[It's occurred to me that maybe I ought to clarify something: when I said "people who hate CDing", I was thinking of those transphobes you often encounter in the comments section of some news story and who are so proud of the cute, little, bigoted remarks they make. I wasn't referring to someone who might find themselves in a relationship with a CDer. I can well understand why they might hate CDing.]
    Last edited by Foxglove; 05-29-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Clarification

Aspiring Member
    Want to be a CDer?, maybe, but I definitely NEED to be a CDer. I do not think being a CDer is as easy as saying its a choice. I do not think somone wakes up one day and decides they WANT to become a CDer. I am not implying it cannot happen that way, though. I have always said that if we humans would take care of our needs first before our wants that we would be much better off. Eventhough there are many complications of being a CDer, its still definitely worth continuing on when I can...worth every single second of it...but then again I really do want this...I want to fulfill that need I have... Amanda
    Last edited by JamieQ; 05-29-2012 at 01:26 PM.

In the way the world is now, then yes, I'd probably take that pill. In the world we all want, one more accepting and understanding, then very big no. Mind you, it wouldn't take a lot to change my world to that. If I had a woman by my side that accepted......

"Here hun, I picked up these new thigh highs for you, slip them on, I wan to see what they do for your legs." The rest of the world could take a long walk off a short pier.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaQ View Post
    Want to be a CDer?, maybe, but I definitely NEED to be a CDer. I do not think being a CDer is as easy as saying its a choice. I do not think somone wakes up one day and decides they WANT to become a CDer. I am not implying it cannot happen that way, though. I have always said that if we humans would take care of our needs first before our wants that we would be much better off. Eventhough there are many complications of being a CDer, its still definitely worth continuing on when I can...worth every single second of it...but then again I really do want this...I want to fulfill that need I have... Amanda
    I did not quite understand the original question...Life might be easier if I could take a pill and CDing go away, but I would not take it...

I did stop dressing for several years. I finally realized that when I gave up dressing, I also gave up the best part of myself. When I dress regularly, I'm happier, more self confident, more outgoing, more accepting of other's faults, and generally a more loving person. Why would I want to give that up?