Thread: First Time Out in Public – And My Wife Joined Me.

First Time Out in Public – And My Wife Joined Me.

My wife has been very supportive of my crossdressing but is only comfortable with it if I stay at home. I have never been out of the house and wanted a chance go out. My counselor also thought that going to a support group would be beneficial to me. I found a local Tri-Ess group (Alpha Zeta) that was having a BBQ at someone’s house on Saturday and my wife agreed that we could go to the meeting. I had previously learned of a GG makeup artist who only worked on crossdressers, so my wife suggested that I make an appointment with her. We also scheduled an appointment with our counselor for the same day.

On Friday we went shopping and I got a new dress and a cardigan to cover my arms. I also booked a room at a hotel near the area of the meeting so that I wouldn’t have to come home dressed. I was very excited!

First we went to get my makeup done by a fantastic lady named Veronica. She has been doing makeup for over 20 years and only works on crossdressers. When not helping crossdressers, she takes donated wigs (usually from crossdressers) and gives free makeovers and wigs to cancer patients in hospitals. Veronica made me feel very comfortable and talked a lot about how to act while en femme. Some of the things we discussed were that the clothes and makeup are only a part of being able to pass. She said that the rest is in how I act. I usually don’t smile, and she told me that males often frown but females usually smile and are friendly, so she was constantly reminding me to smile. It actually wasn’t that difficult to smile because I was really enjoying it. Veronica also only referred to me as Stephanie and she which felt good. Once my makeup was complete, I got dressed and she styled my wig a couple of different ways. Then we took some photos. Without me asking, Angie decided to join me in a couple of the photos which made me very happy. If you are in the Phoenix area I would highly recommend Veronica. Send me a PM for her information.

We left Veronica and then went to visit our counselor. We have been seeing her for about a year and she has been great. This meeting was to help us with any anxiety we may have in me being out in public, but I also wanted her to see me as Stephanie. My counselor has taken me from someone with an enormous amount of guilt and shame, and helped me accept who I am. I’m not quite there yet but getting closer. This was an exciting day for me and I wanted to show her how I looked. On my first or second session, my counselor had told me that I was welcome to visit her dressed if I wanted. At that time I thanked her but thought that would never happen. Now I was sitting in a dress and makeup, talking to her, and it felt completely normal. Well not completely normal. I was actually so happy that I felt like I was going to burst. She even commented that she has never seen me smile and that I looked very happy. She told me that she was amazed how good I looked and that I definitely passed. My wig is similar to my wife’s old hairstyle, but my wife got a completely new look since she last saw my counselor. My counselor said that when we got out of the car, she wasn’t sure which one was me. I don’t know how that made my wife feel, but it made me feel terrific.

After we left my counselor, we went to the BBQ. On the way we stopped at a Target so that we could pick up some drinks. My wife went into the store and I remained in the car. My wife was in the store for a while and I was very nervous every time someone parked next to me, or pulled in facing me, but no one noticed.

There were only two other couples at the BBQ because it was a holiday weekend and some other members were not available. They also explained that the local Tri Ess chapter had ceased to exist and they were trying to get it going again, so membership is low right now. I don’t know if I am allowed to post their web address so PM me if you are interested and I will give you the information.

Once we left the meeting we went to our hotel room. My wife checked us in while I waited in the car, but then we had to walk through the lobby to the elevators. In the hotel lobby there was a female employee standing at a podium that we had to walk right past. I was very nervous but she just said “Have a good night ladies.” My wife was a little freaked out because she had just got the room from this lady, one king bed, so my wife said that either the lady would know that I was a male, or think that we were lesbians. Neither of these options appealed to my wife. We got to the room and we were going to drink wine, but there was not a bottle opener in the room, and the front desk didn’t have one. We searched and found a local Wal-Mart, walked back through the lobby, passed people in the lobby and drove to the store. This was my first interaction with people who didn’t know that I was a crossdresser so I was very nervous, but no one noticed. I also drove to the Wal-Mart.

I thought that the Wal-Mart would be slow past midnight but it was busy. We parked and both went in to the store. I was very nervous and thinking “what am I doing” as we approached the doors, the same time as a group of people. I was terrified at first while we walked through the store, but we passed numerous people and no one looked at me twice. It took us a while, walking down several aisles, before we found the bottle opener, but with every passing second I was getting more confident. We had passed several people and no one appeared to realize that I wasn’t a woman. When we got to the checkout lane there was a line, and more people immediately got in line behind us. I was now standing only a couple of feet from people who had nothing better to do than to look around while standing in line. My nervousness returned for a moment, but again no one acted any different. We left the store, I drove back to the hotel, we passed the woman in the lobby who again said “Have a good night ladies” and went back to our room.
    Once in our room, we drank some wine and my wife took some more pictures of me before she went to bed. I stayed up very late because I didn’t want the night to end.

I know that this was very hard for my wife and she didn’t enjoy it at all. But she pushed through it, was supportive, and acted like she was having a good time. I really appreciate what she did for me and really love her.

I will post some pictures in the Picture Gallery.

Stephanie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulation on your first OUTING!! You LOOK GREAT.... OMG I have found by reading on this site ,that our fears of sticking out like a sore thumb are really unfounded. Most people just are to busy to notice what goes on around them. Most important is to TALK with your wife, and see what she is thinking about ALL that happening. BobbieB

WOW! Steph, you look stunning! Congrats on your first outing, hope you enjoyed it.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

Wow, what a day! I am confident that you will do something very nice for your wife. She is a trooper!!! Hopefully it will get easier for her and for you also!

Yay.. I like happy threads! We need more happy threads!

I'm happy for you Steph! Isn't it fun to get out and about? You look great too. Your wife is awesome for supporting you.

Lovely Steph! I'm so happy for you Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

So cool! You look terrific!

Please give your wife an extra hug (Oh, and jewelry is always nice too)!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    Wow Steph! You look marvelous, and I might add very lady like. I can understand getting confidence,
    It is hard for me to do that also, But with your looks, you have it made. You must get some kind of appreciation
    gift for your wife, she went through a lot for your special holiday.
    Rader

Steph, you look amazing! I'm glad you had such a great time for your first outing.

Give your wonderful wife a lot of hugs. She deserves them!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Stephanie, girl looking at this picture, if you didn't post it here, everyone would think your a GG, beautiful smile, ( which really tell the world that i here) Girl thanks for sharing your story sister, Hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieBrooks View Post
    Congratulation on your first OUTING!! You LOOK GREAT.... OMG I have found by reading on this site ,that our fears of sticking out like a sore thumb are really unfounded. Most people just are to busy to notice what goes on around them. Most important is to TALK with your wife, and see what she is thinking about ALL that happening. BobbieB
    Thank you! I can only speak from this one experience but either people didn’t notice, didn’t care, or were too polite to say anything. I agree that people are just too busy living their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Wow Steph! You look marvelous, and I might add very lady like. I can understand getting confidence, It is hard for me to do that also, But with your looks, you have it made. You must get some kind of appreciation gift for your wife, she went through a lot for your special holiday. Rader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassi3 View Post
    WOW! Steph, you look stunning! Congrats on your first outing, hope you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaby2 View Post
    Lovely Steph! I'm so happy for you Gaby
    Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    Stephanie, girl looking at this picture, if you didn't post it here, everyone would think your a GG, beautiful smile, ( which really tell the world that i here) Girl thanks for sharing your story sister, Hugs.
    Thank you! These comments mean a lot to me. The confidence I got to go out in the first place came from this site, and these comments just add to my confidence. I have spent most of my life wanting to go out but have been afraid that I wouldn’t “pass.”

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    Wow, what a day! I am confident that you will do something very nice for your wife. She is a trooper!!! Hopefully it will get easier for her and for you also!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Yay.. I like happy threads! We need more happy threads!
    I'm happy for you Steph! Isn't it fun to get out and about? You look great too. Your wife is awesome for supporting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    So cool! You look terrific! Please give your wife an extra hug (Oh, and jewelry is always nice too)!
    Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Steph, you look amazing! I'm glad you had such a great time for your first outing. Give your wonderful wife a lot of hugs. She deserves them!
    My wife is wonderful and this was very difficult for her. But she put her feelings aside in order for me to have this experience and I am very appreciative of that. She is a member of this site. Angies GG.

You look great, just be your self and dont worry about other people. you are a great looking girl go for it. And give your wife a big hug from all of us. go for it girl: Rita C.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    I know that this was very hard for my wife and she didn’t enjoy it at all. But she pushed through it, was supportive, and acted like she was having a good time. I really appreciate what she did for me and really love her.
    Stephanie
    Amazing what our wives are willing to do for us. I wonder how most of us would feel if our wife said she wanted to don a bald cap and mustache and go out with us. I hope you remember to thank her every day for that act of kindness.

Now next weekend, take that lovely lady somewhere she really wants to go, that you have no interest in, and act interested, and like you are having a good time, to pay her back she has earned it!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    You look absolutely terrific. I agree with Tina. Take your wonderful wife to her special place and be totally en homme. I think it will counter balance any anxiety about your sexuality. Remember, it is not just about your sexuality. It is also about hers. I think you hit it squarely on the head when she thought there would be some lesbian feelings involved. I believe that aspect of cross dressing also weighs heavily on many GG's.

Resist
    H Steph,

Going out for the first time as you did is really something to be proud of. I'm sure you've gone through a lot to reach this milestone and I think it's wonderful that you have the love and support of your wife.

Last but not least, you look great!

I love reading stories like this. Congratulations. My first time was much less eventful, but I do remember the emotion high it put me on. You go girl!

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    As already mentioned a great big thank you to your lovely wife for supporting you as you make you way in heels. I would suggest that do something very special that she would not expect and have it be something that she would think you would not normally want to do. You want to show her that it is a two way street with you supporting her as she has you.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Lordy,,,Lordy,,,You look great !! An it was fun to trick all of em ,,,HUH,,, They just figured you were a girl on the town ,,No one pays attention to anything nowadayz ,, Just live it up,,, Good time !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Thank you for the post. It sounds like a great experience.

You look beautiful in your picture! I'm glad it turned out well.

You look fantastic and I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day. Your wife has sacrificed a great deal of emotion on your behalf. You need to care for this woman in neat ways as her husband and continue to love her to death as her man! Your fem side can survive if you care for her too!
    Michelle

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Stephanie, you are an absolute doll, and what an outing for the first time. It was made so much better with your wife, I know, and I can only imagine her thoughts while doing this. She is amazing, and truly loves you. take very good care of her, and give her a big hug from me.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Stephanie, what a great story and a terrific step forward. I live in Phoenix and have had a makeover from Veronica she is awesome and I highly recommend her. I would love to know who your counselor is as I worked with a therapist in my old city but haven't found one here. If you prefer send it privately.

BTW your wife is awesome

Hugs
    Tiffany

WOW! You look great and your wife is saintly. She immediately goes into my pantheon of heroines.