Thread: Any Useful Research Available on Cross-dressing?

Any Useful Research Available on Cross-dressing?

Does anyone know of any recent or even older well researched books on cross-dressing? I'm more interested in the study of who and why, not so much how. I'm curious if anyone's found something useful.

Thanks again everyone.

Gold Member
    when I was trying to figure this out, I read a lot of books about TG'ism and let me say - they are REALLY boring. Some of them feature photos of overweight aging mechanics wearing a ball gown.

Save your time and money
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You may find a blog called " Crossdreamers" by Jack Molay useful. It was recommended to me by someone here on the forum that I much admire and besides his own thoughts he has many links.

The academic take on this is so boring and not related to the real world (I am an academic)... the rest is slanted to a distorted view that again does not reflect reality... want to co-author? I could be tempted! xx
    Last edited by Kaz; 05-29-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

there are many sites that helped me out, but none as much as this one. like Nicloe Erin said, most are boring. try looking for a blog or site that is run by a crossdresser.

I find it ironic that you ask this question right in the middle of thousands of pages of the best imfomation you will ever find! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

A search for the why of crossdressing is like the search for the Holy Grail.

Half-baked and conspiracy theories abound but, so far, "well researched" science has no answer.

Searching for the "why" is like searching for the cure. You probably know the answer already -- there is none.

I wonder? Do we want to find a cure?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Have often wondered if anyone would take all the information on this site, collate it, and write a book. It is all here, the good, the bad, the angst and the beautiful.

I absolutely do not want to be cured! Besides it is not a disease in my mind.

Michelle

Thanks everyone. Being an academic myself, that might explain some of the curiosity. I did recieve a nice reply that referred me to an overview of studies of testosterone levels which I'll gladly share if anyone's interested. At one time I would have gladly accepted a "cure", but I've come to love this side of me and appreciate it as a gift.

I'm interested in seeing that study.

I participated in a study conducted by Pamona college when I was at the Keystone conference last year. It was geared towards LGBT people . The study included tests such as spatial comprehension where there were illustrations of geometric shapes, other tests that were like Rohrsach tests, and a questionnaire that ask questions such as what gender I identify as, what sex I'm attracted to, etc.

I was at Keystone again this year and the presenter from last year's study threw out a loose statistical number out of 1100 people, which I can't remember the specific numbers, but it was stuff like 40-something percent of transgender men identify as heterosexual, 40-something of transgender men identify as bisexual, and around 10 percent identify as homosexual. The research is still ongong, and if I was the one doing the research I'd compile at least 20, 000 people from all walks of life, then change the tests and questionnaires often so see if I get relevant results. I can say that, through my personal experience and observation, it looks exactly as I see.....but I'm really in no position to make a judgement call. Just the fact alone, that so many MTF cd'ers on this board have wives/girlfriends, some of you are also interested in men, but the number of you exclusively and solely interested in men seems much lower than the first two groups I've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    Thanks everyone. Being an academic myself, that might explain some of the curiosity. I did recieve a nice reply that referred me to an overview of studies of testosterone levels which I'll gladly share if anyone's interested. At one time I would have gladly accepted a "cure", but I've come to love this side of me and appreciate it as a gift.
    Well, I'm an academic too though not a very scientific one. Nonetheless I submitted to the testosterone experiment (commonly called the "blue pill," though this was more of a gel). If it would get rid of my GID and return me to my regularly scheduled life, well, terrific. I'd have a funeral with my therapist for elizabethamy and go back to being that guy who was in her place before all this started.

But it didn't work. There may be other reasons -- marriage, family, job, community -- that will force me to go farther back to guydom than I could want, but I'm here to tell you the "blue pill" DOES NOT WORK. I am very sensitive to medicine -- over the counter drugs, half a beer, hell, a poppy seed muffin. And that stuff has utterly no connection with GID, at least not for me. If it did work, this site and the whole crossdressing/transgender phenomenon would be vastly reduced.

elizabethamy

and I might add that i was kind of hoping it wouldn't work, because i think the revelations and discoveries of elizabethamy are vital to everything about me, and it would be unbearably sad to think i could make all that disappear with a pill.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-29-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Multiposting not allowed. Please edit your post for added thoughts.

I think i got it!! We are the eventuality of an inevitable outcome based on an extreme imbalance of hormones fighting for their right to survive. thus, leading me inexorably to Natacsha. She is the result of my imbalance just trying to balance out...in...uhhh....inside out?? Eh
    Opposites attract: I think I took this concept of physics a bit toooo personally!! Hetero, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, TG, TS, TB, BP, BS, ET....I know I fit in there somewhere...but who cares!!! Happiness: lies in self progress, truth, love, and tolerance. I'm Me! No one else can be me but me. Ironic: is how society made me embarrassed to go out in public, and yet the biggest reason I wanna go out is to seek their approval. The fact that girls and guys both CD is an indication to me that there are parallels that exist that allow many of us, at times, to be able to actually feel what it's like to be that opposite sex...in every possible facet. the way they think, feel, react, speak, and more. It's a two way street that many of us intersect down the way. Soooo....Be happy with what you have and SMILE!! Kisses and Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!