Thread: What is your crossdressing “footprint?”

Complex Lolita...

What is your crossdressing “footprint?”

[SIZE="2"]“Stepping softly... Into my soul...” (John Foxx)

You hear a lot of talk about one’s CARBON footprint these days, but what about a crossdressing footprint? This represents your relationship to a society that wishes you didn’t exist, a measure of your actual or perceived impact (affect) on the world at large, as well as yourself, or, in other words, your current state of being. How are you doing as a MtF crossdresser, and do you wish to either increase or decrease your “footprint?” I assume you’re wearing your favorite girly shoes as you step forth into the hostile world that surrounds us, so please let me know...

For example, someone who is new to MtF crossdressing, perhaps operating from the closet, would most likely have a rather small “footprint,” hiding from friends and family, or a SO, or society, harboring secrets that dare not see the light of day. We all had to begin somewhere, somehow, and our footprint was initially small and tentative, perhaps nudging our toe (sheathed, no doubt, in our hosiery of choice) into the chilly waters to see if we should take the plunge. I began this way, and, if you’re like me, you wanted to increase your footprint slowly but surely. How far can I go before I go TOO far? You want to expand your own empire of imagination, but what will the neighbors think?

Someone who is transgendered, i.e. living as the “opposite” gender 24/7, has a CD footprint that can be measured in breadth as well as depth. Such an individual has little or no fear, and they are comfortable in the clothes they have chosen to wear – indeed, this has less to do with mere MtF crossdressing and more to do with self-definition. A CD with a modest footprint may dream of living life as a female – is this inevitable, or do we hedge our bets and proceed with all due caution? I think self-awareness renders our boundaries, an “outline” that designates just how far we wish to go, under the personal circumstances we find ourselves. I look up to my sisters who have a relatively large CD footprint, but I have to keep my own borders tightly controlled...

For the closeted individual, going “out” into the world is a blessed goal, a moment of emergence where we cross the threshold and increase our footprint exponentially. Each new adventure is a measure of our own resolve – either we are encouraged to keep going, or we locate the edges of our courage. I think this is an ongoing process, and, judging by the “tone” of discussion on this site, I am NOT alone in thinking that. We all want to do more, or try more things, or have more fun, and increase our growing footprint in the interim. Fear is a problem, for we live in a world that doesn’t like US for one reason or another, but, in my case, I wish to preserve my relationship to crossdressing and not taint it by overreaching. Just like I choose a certain type of female shoe to wear, I insist on my CD footprint being barely noticeable, yet true to my original intentions...

I guess being on this site, discussing these somewhat impossible topics that fall outside of “normal” human experience, qualifies as a “footprint” of sorts – you made the effort to declare something, at least to those who understand why such a declaration needs to be made. It’s like making a mark on a blank canvas, the first brushstroke that will eventually become a work of art, or the first steps towards the light that will define YOU. My own CD footprint, neither large nor small, is long established and it exists according to my needs, which are few, if you must know. I have no dream of becoming a female, so my footprint is dainty in comparison to other, more successful MtF crossdressers. I’m just glad to be here, with my foot in the door, and a firm toehold in the ongoing panoply of human transgendered existence...

What is, or what constitutes, YOUR crossdressing footprint?

PS - I was going to submit this earler today, in fact I was just about to hit the proverbial button, when the power went out! Is somebody trying to tell me something?
    [/SIZE]

Freddy, girl i prnt has got bigger in the last few years, i like to i am, would love for it to be bigger but know for now, that can';t get much bigger for the monet, i treasure the monets that i am out, the feeling of the skirt, and heels, walking in the park or at the lake, taking a swimm at the lake or motel, wearing a bikini, the joy of being a woman if only for part of day or week. it me, and i luckly to have a SO that understands it is me.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

yes they told you something the power went out for a moment. Thank you for that it will be something for me to ponder for a while to think about how big i want my footprint to be it's already a size 13but that has nothing to do with what you are saying Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

You have been thinking again!
    I am going to tread carefully here.
    I have to read and comprehend what is said as I will miss the salient points.
    My foot print extends into the number of posts I have on this site.
    They are mostly short, so my footprint is not as large as yours which are usually long posts.
    On the lighter side my footprints are a pair of low heeled sandals today so they are spread over a wider area than a pair of high heels.
    The time spent on composing comments takes time and our carbon footprints are increased by the amount of power we use.
    I am looking at what you wrote and trying to give interesting replies.
    If you look at people who wont transition CDer's would have a smaller foot print than someone who has therapy and medical procedures.
    Just buying clothing takes up little space.
    A first time out CDer will have a small foot print but this increases as activities and interests increase.
    I will let someone else explain their footprint now as I don't want to have to pay a footprint tax as well as a carbon tax.
    Thanks for another thought provoking thread Frederique.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This is the best question I think I've ever seen here.

My wife and I have been considering a similar question surrounding lifestyle events (for example).

While I of course realize that BDSM (and all sorts of play and lifestyles under that umbrella) aren't for everyone, it works perfectly for us and she was an active member of the lifestyle community long before she met me.

When we first started dating, we attended lots of events and munches, and even spent a weekend at an event closed to the general public.

Then, life happened and we got busy, got married, etc and stopped playing and talking outside of the 4 walls of our bedroom.

So our footprint shrank, our lifestyle relationship got stale and we lost valuable input. But even more telling, and worse for us, is that we stopped supporting the very community that helped us find each other.

Now that we are back, we're more engaged in everything, not just the lifestyle, and we're contributing to the community that has given us so much. Our footprint is increasing because we want it to, and because we need it. Part of our need is to feel like we're part of a greater good, which I believe all humans share.

That footprint does extend into the CD/TG community in the sense that we know several people in the community from all over the spectrum; from women becoming men, women who have become men, men becoming women and men who just want to look like women for a night every now and then.

We also incorporate some of my dressing desires etc. into our BDSM play but we're both struggling to figure out how to bring that out without scaring the crap out of one (or both of us) in the process.

Our specific dynamic is complicated...we often say she's more sadist than dominant, and I am more submissive than masochist. That makes things interesting.

That's a challenge too...but specific to your question...should we (or I or both) be doing more to talk to people outside of the bedroom about all of the crossdressing issues that have been around since I was 5 or so...

I think that's something I can bring up when we talk tonight! Thanks for the amazing thought starter.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Platinum Member
    My footprint has been getting larger, especially over the past year. I was out to my wife, but not actively presenting as female outside the confines of our home. Then beginning last spring, I was "introduced" to one neighbor by my wife and a few weeks later, ventured out the front door en femme for the first time. Since then, I've adopted a policy of going out in public at least once a day, even if its something as mundane as buying groceries. In the process, I've come out to several more neighbors and a step daughter. My footprint is literally transcontinental, as I have made two trips from Texas to Minnesota and back again...entirely en femme.

Hi Frederique! My footprint was tiny for a long time but has recently taken some big strides for me. Coming out to my friends and expressing myself more comfortably has definitely increased my fp. I don't know how far it can go from here but I do know that I have to overcome some obstacles before I start to show the world the bottom of my stilettos. Hopefully within the next year, I would have accomplished what I need to in order to allow this to happen. Where it goes from there can only be determined by how comfortable I am in my new shoes. I want to leave a lasting imprint on this world and if this is how, then so be it. Ba-Ring IT!! lol

As for someone trying to tell you something, (lights out) I have experienced that all too many times in my life when i felt I was doing something that I wasn't supposed to. My guilt was driving the forces that be to work in my favor...so to speak. I can't begin to tell you how that guilt, no matter how small or big, was a major influence on me. I look for signs like that all the time and i have come to realize something. we create our own world and within it the world we create also creates us. But it starts off with us. if there is unnecessary guilt (in that, you are not harming anyone or yourself) then my world around me doesn't try to throw me off. It only tries to derail me when I, subconsciously or not, don't like the situation I am in. Letting go of this guilt for me has opened a door that doesn't shut on me anymore. Very, very interesting topic. You should open a new thread with that in mind. Very cool!! I think it's something many of us are privy to and would love to share. Natacsha XoXoXo
    Opposites attract: I think I took this concept of physics a bit toooo personally!! Hetero, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, TG, TS, TB, BP, BS, ET....I know I fit in there somewhere...but who cares!!! Happiness: lies in self progress, truth, love, and tolerance. I'm Me! No one else can be me but me. Ironic: is how society made me embarrassed to go out in public, and yet the biggest reason I wanna go out is to seek their approval. The fact that girls and guys both CD is an indication to me that there are parallels that exist that allow many of us, at times, to be able to actually feel what it's like to be that opposite sex...in every possible facet. the way they think, feel, react, speak, and more. It's a two way street that many of us intersect down the way. Soooo....Be happy with what you have and SMILE!! Kisses and Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

footprint

Always an interesting, pensive read. Thank you.

I hope my footprint is like that of a doe in the forest......quiet, and among the leaves barely able to be discerned.

Carlene

I guess my footprint is pretty darn large when you think about it! A few years ago I decided to please myself and live the way ''I'' desire! I walk on any and all that get in my way! I do not force ''my'' way on anyone but don't stand in my way as my heels are walking out the door! I'll squash you like an ant! I couldn't care less what the world or so-called friends think of me! My signature says it best! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    Freddy, girl i prnt has got bigger in the last few years, i like to i am, would love for it to be bigger but know for now, that can';t get much bigger for the monet, i treasure the monets that i am out, the feeling of the skirt, and heels, walking in the park or at the lake, taking a swimm at the lake or motel, wearing a bikini, the joy of being a woman if only for part of day or week. it me, and i luckly to have a SO that understands it is me.
    I guess you can say small closing in rapidly and over taking modest love the dresses,skirts and blouses with proper lingere under. Now going for big time, in my opinion, jeans, slacks,tops ect. totally casual summer wardrobe. Not forgetting swimsuits, bikinis and beachwear.

i spend all my life in the closet. i had NO footprint.
    i stepped out of the closet and stood shaking on one foot. my "first" footprint was nos complete.
    today i work hard in every step i make, knowing i not only represent myself on THAT PRINT, but all of you there !!.
    being a TG is not a "me alone" anymore, is YOU and YOU and YOU, and at the end of the day i hope my footprint to the world will be one every one of YOU can be proud of.

Well my footprint is getting larger with every new outing and with everyone new that I have decided to tell. I've scaled back a bit recently, due to family situations but I think that with the next revelation (my kids) that may not be the case.
    Like some of the others have said, with every step we take we make it easier for others to follow as long as what we do is done in a confident and proper manner.