Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: does it make you gay?

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    So to apply the thinking if you crosssdress you are Gay....
    If you have a Harley...you are in a gang
    If you go to church... you are a Bible thumper
    If you watch Oprah... you are crazy
    If you drink beer...you are a redneck
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Don't worry, if you've contracted the gay we have a comprehensive denial and repression program which will see you becoming "straight" in no time flat!

All we ask is our clients not continue to drill holes in the walls of our restroom stalls.
    Seriously guys it's expensive to get it repaired!

There is a tendency for people to want others to be as much like themselves as possible, because it supports their own self esteem not only for their life choices but for the things that they cannot change as well (such as sexuality).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am not going to lie to you that when having sex with my wife at times i do imagine that my wife is a man, and on the same note my wife has admitted that she has imagined me as a women. That doesn't make her a les, so i don't look to much into it and just have fun with it. The day i really want to have sex with a man is when i will start to consider myself gay.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    If you think about it, it makes no sense at all. A gay man is attracted to men and men ONLY. So if a gay man wants to attract another gay man, I don't think he'd be presenting as a female. It would not be a turn on for most gay men... I would think.
    Speaking as a gay man, I can confirm that the majority of gay men are NOT crossdressers and the majority of crossdressers are not gay! There is a small overlap and that little area is where I live..... Before I met my partner, I was a crossdresser trying to attract a gay man! Now (and very luckily) I am a gay crossdresser with a gay crossdressing partner which is absolutely the best of both worlds for me!

i know i am not gay ... as i love having sex with girls... but i have a much more andrgynous looks for a guy ... and as having my hair long ... no one can guess saying me as a guy ...
    and even i have hardly any facial hair ...
    Then you are not gay, whatever your friend may want to think. As for having androgynous looks, long hair and little facial hair........ That just makes us balding, heavily bearded types really jealous

More seriously, to the forum, I hope you have a great time here!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    LOL. Someone that is totally homosexual still manages to produce offspring... Would that make one straight curious?
    Wow, I can't believe that I have to explain this but it is clearly required. Genetics determines if we have blue eyes, brown hair, are tall, short, and homo or heterosexual. In other words, no one chooses to be gay. No one crossdresses and then says, "Well, I'm wearing a dress and I have a penis so I will be gay now." It is the same for crossdressers, I believe. It's not a choice. I choose to be a crossdresser no more than I have chosen my brown eyes. Just the idea is absurd. Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a crossdresser.
    Progeny or the desire to have them, has nothing to do with homosexuality. Having children does not make one straight, it makes them a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Progeny or the desire to have them, has nothing to do with homosexuality. Having children does not make one straight, it makes them a parent.
    This is true as well and I feel I should add to my prior comment about living a camouflaged life. If a homosexual marries in order to have children and be a parent, then hopefully his wife knows that he is homosexual and she is OK with having sex strictly for procreation purposes. And also hopefully she is accepting of his having sex with men. Otherwise the marriage would be a lie.

If they have sex on a regular basis then can this man truly say that he is homosexual? Wouldn't he then be bi?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Mays View Post
    So to apply the thinking if you crosssdress you are Gay....
    If you have a Harley...you are in a gang
    If you go to church... you are a Bible thumper
    If you watch Oprah... you are crazy
    If you drink beer...you are a redneck
    Let's see, I'm a crossdresser, I have a Harley, and I go to church. So I must be in a gay, bible-thumping gang.

Cool!

does not matter what the circumstance- ANY MAN (XY CHROMOSOME) THAT IS ATTRACTED TO ANOTHER MALE, (again does not matter the situation, ie a male dresses in ladies clothing) IS NOT A STRAIGHT MALE, PERIOD. Why do people make excuses and deny this to themselves?

Banned Read only
    God, I just love LABELS and how people make up their own definitions for these LABELS...

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    If you're cross dressing you are transgender.
    REALLY? Just how big is that TG umbrella? Must be one huge ass umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    Being gay is not a choice. Being gay is not "catchy". Someone does not become gay. You cannot be "turned" gay.
    So, I can't take lessons to become GAY?
    If I'm not gay and I go pick up a guy somewhere, I'm still not GAY?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    God, I just love LABELS and how people make up their own definitions for these LABELS...

REALLY? Just how big is that TG umbrella? Must be one huge ass umbrella!
    "Transgender ( /trænzˈdʒɛndər/) is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies to vary from culturally conventional gender roles."

"trans·gen·der  [trans-jen-der, tranz‐] Show IPA
    noun
    a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser."

"Transgender
    An umbrella term for transsexuals, cross-dressers (transvestites), transgenderists, gender queers, and people who identify as neither female nor male and/or as neither a man or as a woman. Transgender is not a sexual orientation;transgender people may have any sexual orientation. It is important to acknowledge that while some people may fit under this definition of transgender, they may not identify as such."

Is it that hard to Google something? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    does not matter what the circumstance- ANY MAN (XY CHROMOSOME) THAT IS ATTRACTED TO ANOTHER MALE, (again does not matter the situation, ie a male dresses in ladies clothing) IS NOT A STRAIGHT MALE, PERIOD. Why do people make excuses and deny this to themselves?
    Soooo true. And dressing up like a girl is only done in an attempt to attract men (even if it's only subconsciously) so you can have homosexual sex with them. Any excuse otherwise is just an excuse; you're repressing your true homosexuality.

Oh, I'm sorry CINDYO, was that too judgmental of me? Do I not understand your situation? Hrmm... wonder where I've seen that before.

/sarcasm

Only someone who is unempathetic and cisgendered could believe that there cannot be a difference between internal gender and external sex. This is what a lot of transgendered and transsexual individuals who are not cross dressers live with. Male and female is not simply XX or XY and the advancing medical community is seeing this. And for someone who is a minority, who does get judged by others who think they are something they are not, I would think that you would be more considerate towards other people and other situations that you don't understand.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 06-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Those of us who have been on the forum for a while have seen the need for someone to define TG occasionally. And not just for newcomers to the forum. It seems that there are a lot of folks who consider themselves more than an occasional or frequent crossdresser, but don't consider themselves TS. And so they call themselves TG. But I wonder if there really is such a category. If so, we're in need of a new word to describe it. TG already means something else, so that word is taken. Of course, the new word will fall under the TG umbrella, if that helps. haha

Banned Read only
    Soooo true. And dressing up like a girl is only done in an attempt to attract men (even if it's only subconsciously) so you can have homosexual sex with them. Any excuse otherwise is just an excuse; you're repressing your true homosexuality.

Oh, I'm sorry CINDYO, was that too judgmental of me? Do I not understand your situation? Hrmm... wonder where I've seen that before.
    You need to understand that is is the internet. Words in cyberspace. We can't hear you, see you, facial expressions, etc. All we see are your words typed out with your keyboard. So, all these subtle jokes (if you are joking) are not working. So, I'll assume you weren't joking and were serious.

You're so massively misinformed, I don't even know where to start. So, I won't...

Silver Member
    You need to understand that is is the internet. Words in cyberspace. We can't hear you, see you, facial expressions, etc. All we see are your words typed out with your keyboard. So, all these subtle jokes (if you are joking) are not working. So, I'll assume you weren't joking and were serious.

You're so massively misinformed, I don't even know where to start. So, I won't...
    Here... I'll fix it... ^^^

EDIT: Fixed. My statement was supposed to be asinine enough to make it obvious. I mean... if I truly believed that, do you think I would have been here for two years and have 1500 posts without getting banned? I mean, you did consider that I was being sarcastic, but chose to believe I was insane. But point taken.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 06-02-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Banned Read only
    EDIT: Fixed. My statement was supposed to be asinine enough to make it obvious. I mean... if I truly believed that, do you think I would have been here for two years and have 1500 posts without getting banned? I mean, you did consider that I was being sarcastic, but chose to believe I was insane. But point taken.
    People believe what they can see. And what can people here see? Words typed out with your keyboard.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, but maybe she is referring to some posts wherein people say that they're only attracted to men while crossdressed.
    There would have to be repressed bisexual or homosexual feelings there, but I can totally understand how confusing everything can be especially if transgender issues are mixed in.

Banned Read only
    Oh my, what a debate.

This is all good to read. I joined this site to learn more about what Cd'ing is because i can not seem to stop dressing. I try to stop but I am magically wearing panties again...

Most of the CD'er's here are are not gay. They are married or just like to dress up, can not say I blame them it feels wonderful to dress.

Well, it is complex. There is everything. One can not paint with such broad strokes.
    Oh I have to go........to be cont
    polythene pam

NOT GAY UNLESS YOU'RE GAY: only you know for sure. Carry on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    NOT GAY UNLESS YOU'RE GAY: only you know for sure. Carry on lol.
    And if you're not sure, remember that it's not a race.

<--- Needs to take own advice

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    And if you're not sure, remember that it's not a race.

<--- Needs to take own advice
    Yup. And remember, if you're struggling with your own gender identity, you might as well save the "am I straight or gay" thinking for later... after you have yourself figured out lol...

Quote Originally Posted by priyaverma View Post
    one gay friend of mine came to know abt my crossdressing and all he wants to judge about is that I am a gay according to him .... as I love crossdressing ...

and I think of having sex while dressing as a female and am gettting a sexual pleasure out of it ......

is this true ?
    i dont think if u r a crossdresser u ought to be gay or a transgender ..?
    that is a description of a transvestite..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rYu54xjX7A

there ya go... tell your friend the accurate answer

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post

I have no idea why it's so hard for straight people to get that sexual orientation is not a choice.
    actually it is..... there is no denying im trans and in transition but i made the concious decision to look beyond my preference of a female to be in a relationship and ended up finding someone who i see as perfect and can mostly understand why and who i am what i am, and im glad i made that choice to open my options...

If it's a choice for you, Nikkijo, then you're probably bi. I think that most of us assume we "should" be opposite-sex attracted while we grow up since this is the message we get and what we see modeled around us, but eventually our sexuality develops and we find out (often after fighting it for awhile) who we can or do feel sexually attracted to.

No matter how much I might "choose" to be sexually attracted to my best friend whom I admire greatly and love dearly, it would just gross me out to be in bed with her. This is probably true for most people. So, if you have it in you to be attracted to either sex, you're just wired that way.
    Reine

Sexuality is a lot more fluid and situational than most people think. Basically if you take sexuality as a bell curve then just about everyone is in the middle somewhere.
    What you do will depend on the person involved and the actual situation at the time.

Personally I think it is time to ditch all those terms, after all this is the 21st century. If you enjoy something at the time, then you enjoy it.
    Most of these terms like 'Gay', 'Lesbian', 'Bisexual' are just labels to load guilt onto people who should have no guilt.

The world can be such a crappy place and life can be pretty stuffed at times, if you can find friendship, love and pleasure somewhere no matter what the form then go for it.
    Provided you follow the old rule of "don't frighten the children or scare the horses" (or vice versa).