Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: does it make you gay?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMallon View Post
    Personally I think it is time to ditch all those terms, after all this is the 21st century. If you enjoy something at the time, then you enjoy it.
    Most of these terms like 'Gay', 'Lesbian', 'Bisexual' are just labels to load guilt onto people who should have no guilt.
    The words that define someone's sexual orientation do not cause guilt. Some people in our society do, who believe it is wrong to be homosexual and who are vocal about this.

We don't want to ditch the terms. It's important to be able to describe ourselves accurately to the people we love or are beginning to love. We do need words for this.
    Reine

yes. end of argument. in other words: do you have an iq over 75?

Aspiring Member
    If someone says that sexual identity is a choice then ask them if they chose to be an ass hole or were they born that way.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    If someone says that sexual identity is a choice then ask them if they chose to be an ass hole or were they born that way.
    Not sure where you intended to go with this, but the thing you present is a personality trait. It is neither a genetic factor nor a choice.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 06-03-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Soooo true. And dressing up like a girl is only done in an attempt to attract men (even if it's only subconsciously) so you can have homosexual sex with them. Any excuse otherwise is just an excuse; you're repressing your true homosexuality.
    Even thought the poster of this was being sarcastic, it is a sad fact that many people think this way. You are so wrong if you think the reason I wear feminine styles is to attract men....guh!!! No way is that true. I do it for me, and if possible attract an open minded, perhaps lesbian leaning female, Oh wait....I DID THAT!!! LOL.

As I have stated before here, when dressed enfem or androg I am actually MORE attracted to the female of the species. My GF though always claiming to want a balance in my style presentation, seems to make out with me more when I am done up fem.
    Last edited by Pythos; 06-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I don't think I should respond to this thread again. I'll just say everyone should keep an open mind.

Aspiring Member

No

Dressing in women's clothing doesn't make you gay any more than sitting in your garage makes you a car.

Sandra1746

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    I don't think I should respond to this thread again. I'll just say everyone should keep an open mind.
    An open mind to what?
    That being LGBT is a choice?

I'm struggling now with both gender identity as well as sexual orientation so the whole "gay == choice" thing really, really makes me furious.
    The idea that anyone would choose to go through all the things that LGBT people go though is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post
    Dressing in women's clothing doesn't make you gay any more than sitting in your garage makes you a car.

Sandra1746
    Now THAT is a perfect way to sum it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post

Sandra1746
    Well said! Interesting thread here, very diverse opions expressed. For the record, I'm gay and a crossdresser. Crossdresser first and straight, then gay. Guess that makes me a bit "out of the norm" D.
    Dani

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    An open mind to what?

I'm struggling now with both gender identity as well as sexual orientation so the whole "gay == choice" thing really, really makes me furious.
    The idea that anyone would choose to go through all the things that LGBT people go though is just ridiculous.
    WWW as you know it chooses you. It sounds like you might have gotten a double whammy there and time will tell. There are are others on the forum that got the double whammy so you're not alone. I know it causes additional stress but you need to come to terms with both if need be. Best of luck!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Even thought the poster of this was being sarcastic, it is a sad fact that many people think this way. You are so wrong if you think the reason I wear feminine styles is to attract men....guh!!! No way is that true. I do it for me, and if possible attract an open minded, perhaps lesbian leaning female, Oh wait....I DID THAT!!! LOL.

As I have stated before here, when dressed enfem or androg I am actually MORE attracted to the female of the species. My GF though always claiming to want a balance in my style presentation, seems to make out with me more when I am done up fem.
    Speak for yourself, Pythos! I'm completely straight! Yet, I'll admit Sherry's first and foremost purpose is to attract men! In her case, one man! ME! And, who among us doesn't, to some degree or another, dress to PLEASE THEMSELVES!? Don't we wear things we find "attractive"?

And, that in itself is a message. That many of us portray those we r attracted to, women! Why would we want to portray folks we aren't attracted to? As a man, I often care very little how I appear. Because I don't feel attractive no matter how I dress. But, with Sherry, I feel exactly the opposite! I don't want her looking like a slob!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Does crossdressing make you gay? let's see....I've been a crossdresser for 50 years and I am not gay. I'm a crossdresser partly because I am so attracted to women, not only for their beauty, sensuality, sexiness, but for everything that makes a woman the Goddesses that they are. That attraction is so strong, that I want to emulate them the best I can.

So if it makes us gay, then I'll have to wait and see what happens in the next 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    An open mind to what?

Well, it's obvious to me that some children are obviously going to be gay, and many know from an early age. But bisexuals are the ones that are more likely to be confused. The choice part is more about choosing not to take part sexually. I have bisexual inclinations, and have had a couple of encounters long ago, but choose not to at this point. Whether that makes me gay or not would be an opinion wouldn't it? Some people would say yes, some would say no.

I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers.

I stand corrected Doc, you are correct, I do dress for my male side, but I mostly dress from open minded women :P
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Banned Read only
    Only a fool would judge a present by the box it comes in.

The same applies to people. The clothing one chooses to wear is nothing more than a wrapper and just might not be, in any way indicative, of the person inside.