Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy being yourself?

Do you enjoy being yourself?

Many gals on here kind of downplay their male lives and experiences and many cast them in a negative light because they would rather be women.Kind of understandable I guess because it is a crossdressing forum. So, my question is do you ever enjoy being yourself as a man? I have come to terms with my own particular duality and understand that there is a time and place for everything. That having been said, when my children were growing up, my family and enjoying my family always came first and the CDing always played second fiddle. Not that it didn't rear it head at the most inopportune times until I finally got a handle on it.

The thing is while it lasted I really enjoyed being a husband and father and wouldn't change that experience one iota. There are definite rewards being a father that cannot be matched, even en femme. Seeing my children laughing and happy gave me a great deal of satisfaction.

Now I have the pleasure of helping with my grandsons and there is nothing like it. I've never been a macho type, never will be but will always be a loving father and grandfather.I feel really blessed to look at life from both sides of the fence but will never totally forsake my manhood for the fore going reasons. How do you all feel about this?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I enjoy my life's fluidity.

I agree with you 100%. I enjoy my life as a man and being a husband and father. Cross dressing is a part of my life and it allows me to express another side of me. I try to keep it in balance and enjoy the CD experience when I can.

Lisa

Good thread Kate. Since i have spent about a tenth of my life working on my cars, and like to fish, and used to play sports, and shoot guns, and have done mainly hard physicaal work, yes, i do value my maleness, and i also have not been macho. Never got to br a husband, or father, though. My human father is a very emotionally immature man, not someone to copy, but, i am a lot like him, anyway. Yes, i try to balance my two sides, but i am in male mode 99% of time.

Totally happy being who I am, male 90% of the time and dressed as a female the other 10%. I do in female mode what I also do in male mode. My personality is basically the same, so, I am me and I love me.

I'm also completely happy with who I am as a man, a husband, and a father. There's no way I'd give that up. It's absolutely full of positive experiences professionally and personally. I can treat crossdressing almost like a hobby that I really, really, enjoy and would do a bit more of if given the opportunity.

-Bree

Aspiring Member

I'm myself

I also self-identify as transgender. I can't say I have been "diagnosed" as such because I have never gone to a therapist. I saw no need to have someone else tell me what I can figure out for myself. On the Benjamin Scale I am between levels 3 and 4.

What this means is that I drift between Fem and Male personas and dressing modes, almost seamlessly. There is no conflict here, the two sides of my personality inhabit the same mind and body and get along well with each other. I find the Fem side expressed more when I am happy though.

As far as hobbies go, I can find plenty of examples of women who do "rough" work so using that as a distinction is difficult. Being a father is certainly one unique male trait; but I never did that.

I dress regularly in "plain Fem" clothing and have adopted other Fem accessories and traits that I find pleasant. I dress in a skirt and top around home frequently and sometime I may wear one out in public. I like being myself.

Be yourself, however you find yourself,
    Sandra1746

I like me as I am!

I would go even farther to say that exploring my feminine side in greater detail has made me a better human being as a whole.

On short, I love me some me exactly the way the Good Lord made me.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe.

In high-school, mid 1970's, I was part of a small but close group of male friends, 2/3 of whom were amongst the brightest in the school, and with them it was no problem at all to be more intellectually oriented. I think it plausible that in that time and place, a similar group of females would not have been allowed that kind of freedom.

The work I ended up doing... as time progresses, I can see that the boss I ended up working for tends dismiss the accomplishments of women unless they are extraordinarily accomplished. I don't think I would have had the freedoms I've had over the years if I had been female: I suspect that if I had been female, then even if I had worked twice as hard, I would have been judged to fall short. As is sometimes said, "A woman has to work 10 times as hard to be considered an equal."

My solo travels in Europe would probably have been more difficult and risky if I had been female.

These things are not, however, about my enjoying being male: they are about what is sometimes termed "male privilege".

I don't know if there has been anything particular about being male that I have enjoyed. Not that I've hated it either. My adult life has, to a large extent, been a life lived somewhat apart where my gender was not an important consideration.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    After coming to the point of self acceptance, I can say that I have come to enjoy myself and my life. There are guy things that I do with my sons that I would never do without, and it is getting closer to football season once again. I guess in my case I am a guy that just likes to dress in lingerie and a skirt, lets not forget the shoes too. Womens clothing is interesting and mens are drab, what more can I say. I am just trying to get the best of both worlds, and it seems to be working for me. It also helps having an accepting SO.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    It's not easy.

First off Leslie hates men (its all the history he learned), it has poisoned his feelings towards his gender.
    Second, well, I wish I could just snap my fingers and be as female as my wife is. Then I wouldn't need to even be here learning about crossdressing.
    But the problem is A. Leslie is still here, and B. he's a married man. And snapping my fingers, becoming a real female would tend to ruin Leslie's sex life not to mention it does tend to leave his wife out in the cold, and would really bugger up father's day.

And I tend to be something of a hostile feminist when I don't hold myself in check.

Not easy 'liking' myself considering the above. And being stuck in this classic looking out of shape older male body doesn't do a lot for my mood. I was sitting in Timm Horton's today, observing guy after guy walk in, typical jeans, typical gut, typical belt stuck way low under that gut. Yuck. I am sure I look fairly similar even if my waist is maybe a lot less sag in front. But it's still there. And really, that sort of shape, makes wearing a skirt or dress just a bad idea. Ideally, I want to be able to just pass on fake boobs and just play the 'I'm a flat chested girl' look. Hey not all girls have big boobs. But with a male pattern male gut, it isn't going to work.

So I am hammering away at loosing the weight. Not easy though. Shopping today and looking at the Lean this, and Fat free that and 50% less fat and Blue Menu labels and realising, I likely will need to start being more interested in eating more ruthlessly managed intakes of that which makes us fat. Because just walking is alright, but it is slow, and well, all the walking is beating the hell out of the legs too.

I am not having a lot of success 'liking' Leslie's things. I feel like a stranger in my own home. Just can't seem to relate.

The baths help, the scents help. I am thinking of legally changing my name to Lesley Roberta [insert surname here]. Doesn't produce any problems for other family members where surname is concerned, and I get to feel like I am really the me I want to be 'see, here's my credit card, I really am Lesley Roberta'.

Banned Read only
    I have been perfectly content being a male and doing "male things" with my family. Letting Stephanie push her twin brother away for periods of time has actually made her twin brother a better man.

I like my male side as much as my female side I love doing the things men do including being a father to a son and a husband to my wife. I also love the variety in life my femme side gives me. I guess you can say we have the best of both worlds

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have always enjoyed being myself!! First and foremost I am a man. Yes, I do love to wear feminine clothing, but underneath those things I am still a man and always will be!! I do not have, and never have had, any desire to actually be a woman. I had a very happy married life for almost 50 years before cancer took her, and my children think I should live to be at least 100 years old. That means that I have 20 years to go!! BTW, my 2 children do know that I crossdress and don't care as long as they don't see me dressed!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I also enjoy both sides of the fence.
    The grass really is green on both sides.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I have no desire to be female, I do indeed enjoy being a man. I'm not a handy-man by any means, but I can do some guy things and what I can't do my son usually helps with. As I've stated before, I just happen to like lingerie. Everyone has their own desires and my desire is to be a man who has a fairly good grip on his feminine side and isn't afraid of it.

Gold Member
    I am not a man who hates his femininity and I am not a man who is very masculine. In life we should accept all that we are and enjoy life and each other. So I enjoy all of what I am. I don't see my femme side as "rearing its ugly head" because there is nothing ugly about it. Enjoy what you have and life's pleasures are that much greater.

All the time I have a very good life on both sides of the coin.

I enjoy both. I get a similar but very different feeling when I dress "all man" so to speak. I really enjoy almost all aspects of my life( going through a divorce is a real bummer) and being a crossdresser just give me more variety to enjoy.

Yes, I enjoy being me. More male then female, but enjoy all facets of who I am and would not change a thing.

I to am in male mode 99% of the time I'm a full time mechanic so I get very dirty and have very little time to go to enfemme mode and my wife at the moment doesn't want me to dress so yes I do like being a male but given the opportunity I would like to explore the female side a little more

Hi Kate! very cool thread! and I can say for myself, it's been a harder struggle to enjoy being natacsha than him..I've always taken pleasure in being and doing the male things I do. I think somewhere along the lines, there came a period where I resented not being able to dress or express myself as often as I would've liked and I took it out on my male self. I got to that point where I wanted to purge all my male clothes and just take up a lifestyle I knew was impossible for me at that time. I think that contributed to me disliking myself for the wrong reasons. It didn't take too long for me to accept the fact that I couldn't live as a female all the time and so I was left with no choice but to re-embrace my male side. and successfully so. I have been somewhat sporadic and inconsistent with regards to being a little hard on myself because I fall into that category of people that identify as TG or TS...still not sure exactly where or what the difference is.....all I know is that in male mode I feel like female. Mostly. that complicates things for me because I feel that dressing up is more geared towards being and feeling normal rather than in male mode where I feel like everything is thrown off wack. I just feel as though my natural state of being is ACTING like a male and not being one. But again, despite the struggles, it's pointless to try and fight off something that isn't going anywhere and a sex change seems remote. My mentality is simple. If you have no control over something then you are left with no choice but to accept things as they are and to make the best of whatever the situation calls for...at all times. So, yes. I do and will continue to enjoy being me. I just have to adapt to a new way of life now that I am comfortable and accepting of her as well. I intend on making her a bigger part of my life as soon as resources allow for it. One image I have for starters is when I begin nursing school and nursing, to wear pink or purple scrubs and maybe some light eyeliner to let people know. that is waaaaaaay different than how I have always presented myself and I look forward to not having to worry about it. That will be soo cool!! I can't wait! XOXOXOX

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy just being me, whether I'm wearing guy clothes mowing the grass and working on the cars or if I'm alll dolled up playing with makeup. Being a crossdresser just means I have double the options for having fun.

Well Nat, the femme part of me is always in there, it's just that I choose when and where to bring her out. I could do it indefinitely if I wanted but when I'm needed as a Dad or Grandad, I have no hesitation fulfilling those roles. Really my most happiness in femme mode is when I'm being an action/adventuress.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm a woman with male body parts, and I'm quite happy the way I am. I've spent most of my life pretending to be male, and I enjoy doing that. It took me a long time to accept the truth about myself, though. Pretending to be male is a lot more fun now that I've fully accepted the fact that I'm not really male. Before that, the daily grind of playing the male role used to really get to me. Especially since I used to make a lot of mistakes. I'd spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I was supposed to like and dislike, what was supposed to make me mad, what was supposed to make me happy, etc. Etc. Etc. Now that I've accepted that the whole thing is just an act, everything is a lot easier. I spend as much time as I can dressing and acting like a woman. When I must play the male role, I can do so with verve and passion, knowing that in a few hours I'll be wearing breastforms and a skirt, and acting like my true self.