Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's In Your Checkbook?

What's In Your Checkbook?

I just got to wondering how many of us have girly checks?

There are a plethora of them out there on sites like 4checks.com (click here) and many others.

There are cat and kitten checks, flower checks, unicorn checks, scenic checks, hunting checks, and on and on and on.

My checkbook is currently filled with abstract pastel swirls, but here are some I might select from for my next reorder:

How about you? What's in your checkbook?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My checkbook is also my business checkbook, which happens to be an Insurance Agency! So the checks aren't feminine at all! And I don't intend to change them!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    What are checks?

Nope, mine all have pictures of airplanes on them, courtesy of my previous career. That's not likely to change since the number of checks I write has dropped considerably and my remaining supply will last for years to come.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    What are checks?
    That's when Karren Hutton sends you flying into the boards.

Actually, I haven't had a checkbook, either, for. . . well, for a long, long time. I can't even remember when. "Cheques" in Ireland are expensive anyway. I think you have to pay a fee for each one you write. I don't know if that's the case elsewhere.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 06-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Mine are plain checks also. The checkbook also works a small business so they remain gender neutral.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    That's when Karren Hutton sends you flying into the boards.
    very good annabelle, that would be a true "cross"-check...lol
    paula

Banned Read only
    I have plain counter type checks that I haven't used in over a year.
    Everything I pay for is done online, by debit card or with cash.

Julia

check book??? how 80's retro

Gold Member
    Although I am retired, I still do side jobs from time to time; So my check book has my business
    name on it also. Just plain light blue business checks. BTW my checks numbers have 6 didgets on them.
    Yes I have been around a while.
    Rader

I write very few checks since everything is done by credit card. About the only checks I write are to my golf club or related gof events., A female themed check would not fly well.

Checks? Seems like I vaguely remember that from my past. You had to actually write on them I think.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the looney tunes characters (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc..) sort of a reflection of the state of my finances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

I also have the looney tunes characters may change on next order, will be a wile.
    Mistybtm

I dont have a checkbook. So its not girly. I just have my debit card and its just a standard one.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

My last checks were kittens! But that was the century before this one!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    I never use checks. As I see it, if I can't pay cash I can't have it. Checks are to me just slow motion credit cards. I would hate needing to have money sit stagnating in a bank just so a person could eventually get around to cashing the damned thing.

I guess I don't have too many 'girlie' things on display in my day to day world.

But I am not without them. I have had a cute Sailor Moon skin to my Nintendo DS in the past. I have cute Sailor Moon desktops for my computer and laptop. My Google image can be cute Sailor Moon images. I almost used Sailor Moon as my avatar, but I like this one more (I drew that in pencil crayon). I have Sailor Moon figures brazenly on display amid all my model tanks here

I wish Mastercard has a Sailor Moon concept credit card hehe, that would be so cool.

And funny is being out and about, and I take off my head phones to chat with someone or I just need to take them off momentarily and the next song up is something in the way of a Sailor Moon tune from the show.

Ooh alright I'll shut up about Sailor Moon sheesh spoil sport.

When we first orderd checks I wanted pink teddy bears that was like 10 years ago. I had to look ( my wife does all the banking) and yes I think she has a secret bank acount, but thats a diferint story, any how there is butter flys on them.

Good idea. I have a pink wallet, though it has a gorilla on it, modern art stuff. I get reactions to that, raising of the eyebrows form the normal folk(narrow idiots)...My next batch of checks will be more expressive, good suggestion hun.
    polythene pam

Seems to me that I used one recently after about two years of not using checks. I can't remember what was on them. I know my debit card has a pic of my dog, Angel!
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

I got a subdued but feminine design, where each check is one of several different pastel colors, the last time I ordered checks, along with a light purple suede checkbook cover. I mostly use them at hair and nail salons or my tattoo studio, where they already know me as Diane, and for a very few monthly bills that I still send in by mail, where I figure nobody would notice anyway. I did have a moment's hesitation a couple of weeks ago when I had to pay a male friend for a personal debt, and was worried the next check in the book would be a pink one. It wasn't, and I don't think he noticed anything out of the ordinary. I used a pink one to buy my registration sticker at the DMV the other day, but they're too busy (or uninterested) to care.

- Diane

A lot of paper without my signature on it... For now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just plain checks...I refuse to pay extra for the privilege so I just get the free ones.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I havent used a checkbook in years... I like Cash for the things I buy local, Credit card or Pay Pal online. Wife keeps the Checkbook anyway, they are the free ones.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missyvf View Post
    check book??? how 80's retro
    All my company transactions are done with EFT, heaps easier and it saves paper.
    Additionally, don't have to hear that excuse, the cheque (check) was sent, (the one that never turned up in the mail).

For personal use it's CC (get 55 days interest free - account paid each month, a win win for me). Albeit sometimes it's good old fashioned cash too
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips