Thread: Biking and Crossdressing

Biking and Crossdressing

This weekend I participated in an all womens bike ride. I think there was somewhere around 3300 women out there on Saturday. I have done this with my wife for the last two years as it is one of her biggest requests for her birthday. She doesn't have a lot of friends that can bike at her level. So I am happy to oblige since it combines a few things I love, Biking and Crossdressing.

This year she borrowed a running skirt for me to wear as well as a tank top. Unfortunatly the top was a little tight so I didn't wear it. But I did wear the running skirt over my bib shorts, a sleeveless tri-top, painted my fingernails a nice bright shade of blue and hit the road for 100 miles of riding with my wife. The night before when we were trying to figure out what I should wear for a top I jokingly suggested just a sports bra. She loved the idea but I told her there was no way I was going to do that. Not only would I have to look at my stomache for 5 hours but I am sure I would have had some interesting tan lines. She also asked if I was going to wear my breast forms. That was a definate no as well thinking how sweaty they would be after just 5 miles.

So lets face it...I was a male riding with a bunch of women that just happened to be wearing a skirt. Most of the women were cool with it but every once in a while there would be a rude remark. Maybe they were just jealous that they didn't have a husband that could bike that fast and look good in a skirt.

Over all it was a fun day. I would love to be able to fully dress up as best I could with makeup and all and particapate in this but I would probably look like a giant mess after 100 miles. I loved watching all the women out there, checking out their outfits and admiring their athleticism.

I know where you are coming from. I love to see women who are "buff" and in exquisite physical form. Nicely toned bods are a real dose of eye candy for me! Glad you had fun.

I bike all the time en femme, but it's a very different kind of bike riding.

Here in Philly nobody notices a woman in a dress on a bike, so I have an old girls 3 speed that I love to pedal around the city. If you've never tried biking in a dress with a nice full skirt you're in for a real treat especially combined with lining and nice smooth hose - heaven!

However, I would never,ever attempt the kind of biking you're talking about. Those skin tight biking outfits would do nothing for me. I might not be able to do 100 miles in a dress and heels, but I can certainly go 20-30 here in the city without even really thinking about it.

Best,
    Skirtsuit

check out my flikr pages for biking outfits, userid anntaylorfan. I say biking outfits because I'm almost always on the bike when out dressed. It's a good way to slip around town without being noticed except sometimes the heels attract some attention.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    maybe I need ride my bike in a dress (Goldwing GL1800)? The helment would hide the fact I have on no makeup!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I Would love to do that on my 150 cc scooter, but i have to wear a wig. Any ideas on how I could solve that while wearing a helmet?

I am not much of a biker and never tried it in a dress or skirt. (although that would be interesting.) I used to ride a lot when I was younger.. I have never rode 100 miles though
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I simply love my shorts and my bike. Both get used with or without forms and at times there is a mini in use. its fun. on the roads people only see a cyclist passing, unless that is, they drive past in a car. In which case they do not see you at all.

Last edited by Sam-antha; 06-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Every year at the Burning Man festival there is the 'Critical Tits' bicycle ride. About 5,000 women ride topless wearing only body paint above the waist. I might participate this year, I'll wear a skirt, a pink wig and a bra decorated as best I can. While men are usually not made especially welcome I beileve that I shall get some level of acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha View Post
    I simply love my shorts and my bike. Both get used with or without forms and at times there is a mini in use. its fun. on the roads people only see a cyclist passing, unless that is, they drive past in a car. In which case they do not see you at all.

Samantha, do you tuck while riding? If so, how well does that work? I ask because the male bits insist on getting on the wrong side, and it's annoying and occasionally uncomfortable.

Samantha, i kinda wanna know about that myself...I wanna ride my road bike en femme this summer, too

Michelle this is an awesome story! I hope I can do something like this one day with a wife. But I don't have one of those yet so we will see. It would be so cool to have an accepting SO that would ask my to do things like this for/with her!

Paula
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    Samantha, do you tuck while riding? If so, how well does that work? I ask because the male bits insist on getting on the wrong side, and it's annoying and occasionally uncomfortable.
    If you're wearing a proper pair of padded bicycling shorts, it shouldn't be a problem. Unless you're a second iteration of John Holmes, the padding should cover up the 'bits.' And, the look is pretty much unisex, since the only difference between male cycling shorts and female is that the padded section in the perineum area is slightly wider in female shorts, and there's a bit more rise from crotch to waist in men's. If your bike has any sort of hard, narrow racing seat at all, you should be wearing padded shorts, since long bike rides on those seats can cause nerve damage in both sexes.

I like to bicyle as a girl, partly because at a certain level of riding there isn't much to distinguish the female bicyclist from the male, and it's easy to pass. Cycling favors people with very low BMI, because the less body mass a person has to pedal around the better, and because by its very nature it burns off enormous amounts of calories, and serious bicyclists tend to be skinny irrespective of sex. I wear enhancer type breast forms, let a pony tail clip-on trail out of my helmet, and choose femme colors for my helmet, top and shoes. Hopefully, if someone sees me flash by wearing a pink helmet, a ponytail, and pastel spandex they will think Girl and not Middle Aged Tranny.

Star's post says it all. A proper bike needs proper shorts and proper shorts have proper padding to stop that discomfort argument that you have with the racing type saddle.
    The material should be Lycra (spandex is the same stuff) and the style yo use should be that for ladies. The mens' style more than sort of emphasises the bits that you want to hide. Get the fit right and yo are comfortable flat and snug all round.
    I suggest the Pearl Izumi Sugar shorts for a short leg but there are plenty others around. Cheap shorts, usualy cotton mix are hopelessly poorly padded and it is the padding that yo need. The italian deMarchi are another of muy favourites, the classic model, but yo u may fine the size style they use peculiar.
    ~Sam

I do not wear a helmet, so I have to makie do with a full hairpiece. In case you worry about it blowing off, it does not even at more than serious speed, like downhill at 40mph plus. But then what do you expect from an ancient cd cyclist.

~S~

I do not wear a helmet, so I have to makie do with a full hairpiece. In case you worry about it blowing off, it does not even at more than serious speed, like downhill at 40mph plus. But then what do you expect from an ancient cd cyclist.

~S~
    I will worry about you going 40 mph downhill without a helmet! I checked your profile on this site and your Flickr page, and while your hair looks spectacular, I don't think it would absorb much of an impact. Please take care.

I do use proper bike shorts, and they are correct fit. I even have one pair of ladies shorts. ( though you can't tell ) it still seems as if I'm a little more asymmetric than is usual, I wondered if a partial tuck would be more comfortable. I'm not talking about trying to pass, just avoiding a particular chafe problem.

8rys, going on walkabout
    As said above proper riding shorts are padded in a way that hides most everything. if you are uncomfortable with that a pair of short running shorts cover everything nicely

I am still in the closet so for me it's underdressing when I ride. I like Flexsees boy shorts under my bike shortstop - they keep the equipment in place and no panty lines. And now you all have me thinking about biking en femme...

Sam-antha, you are so cute in your photo. I think a white or pink helmet would look awesome on you!

Instead of your usual forms, use a knee high stuffed with pollyfill. This is what I have for when my silicone forms are not apropriate.

PS Trek rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    ............... Hopefully, if someone sees me flash by wearing a pink helmet, a ponytail, and pastel spandex they will think Girl and not Middle Aged Tranny.
    Pastel shorts ? What do you wikpe your hands on when you change a tyre and reset your chain ? I stick to black shorts.
    ~Samv

Pastel shorts ? What do you wipe your hands on when you change a tyre and reset your chain ? I stick to black shorts.
    ~Samv
    LOL!!! I am quite the clothes horse on my bike: Black, red and blue padded shorts, spandex tanks and tees in various shades including robin egg blue, international pink and lime green, and black, pink and metallic blue helmets. I don't own a pair of pink shorts, but you have me thinking about it. :-) I carry hand wipes for chain adjusting, but must confess I couldn't change an inner tube if my life depended on it. Automobiles scare me when I'm cycling, and I mostly ride a 21 mile loop in a nature preserve, and, the only time I suffered a blown inner tube I took the bike into the woods, chained it to a maple tree, and walked home to get my SUV.