Thread: Another Small Step - Outside

Another Small Step - Outside

OK, so I was underdressed, with baggy pants and a heavy sweater, but I've never been so nervous buying gas and groceries. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of presenting, but this was a nice experience.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    It can take time and a few steps at a pace you can accept
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Congratulations!

Every step is fun. Enjoy the experience.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Tell me about it. I will never forget the time (quite a few years ago now) I started to push my envelope by under-dressing and then going out. It was the summer too and so I wan't wearing lots of layers. Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

It took me several outings in public before I felt comfortable....not to mention a few aborted outings because of panic attacks.

Nowadays, I love and crave being out anywhere/anytime.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It is such a nice experience that you will never be able to forget it, and you will remember each time you go out and accomplish something new you didn't expect to do. You are on your way girl. Enjoy

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Something witty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Tell me about it. I will never forget the time (quite a few years ago now) I started to push my envelope by under-dressing and then going out. It was the summer too and so I wan't wearing lots of layers. Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier
    It's so nice to hear others with stories like this. Mega-scary is the word. I occasionally go for walks semi-dressed, perhaps in a skirt or top but I wear a poncho over the top of it. I'll go with my wife (extra confidence) or solo. Sometimes it's fine, other times panicky. But strength in numbers, right? The more I read stories like these, the more I'm building up confidence.

Nathalie - like your mention of 'aborted outings' , "Abort, Abort!". That's why when I go out properly I'm going to need the strong GG I know to grab me by arm and keep me on target!

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Everyone has to start somewhere. As your confidence grows I am willing to bet you start wear more overly feminine outer garments for your trips out. Congratulations on taking your first steps down that path.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Those little steps add up! I can still remember doing the same thing you done about fourty five years ago! Just keep it up and have fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Those little steps add up! I can still remember doing the same thing you done about fourty five years ago! Just keep it up and have fun! Hugs!
    Thats rite ! Just add something everytime you go ,,Its like building something alway add ,,Move forward ,,Anything no matter how small it is , Maybe some light makeup or jewelry an once you have crossed the line yull be home free ,, AN its great too an yull say why did I wait so long . But it gets better an better ,,Just ask around ,, It never ends ,,lol,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    It took me several outings in public before I felt comfortable....not to mention a few aborted outings because of panic attacks.

Nowadays, I love and crave being out anywhere/anytime.
    Gee Nathalie, , I could have written that! In my case it probably took 20 years between that scary first time and getting to where I am now. Outhiking, I hope it doesn't take you that long!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Gold Member
    Each of us goes through this is different sized steps. But if you want to continue, it will get easier with each passing effort. The biggest thing is to keep doing it at a level that you are comfortable with. Even those of us that go out with reasonable comfort can have some jitters if it has been a long time.

Those first steps are always an adrenalin rush.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    Those first steps are always an adrenalin rush.
    So [still!] are the next ones!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Mega scary at the time but you have to do it ..... and it does get easier
    Quote Originally Posted by a1stephie View Post
    It's so nice to hear others with stories like this. Mega-scary is the word. I occasionally go for walks semi-dressed, perhaps in a skirt or top but I wear a poncho over the top of it. I'll go with my wife (extra confidence) or solo. Sometimes it's fine, other times panicky. But strength in numbers, right? The more I read stories like these, the more I'm building up confidence.

Nathalie - like your mention of 'aborted outings' , "Abort, Abort!". That's why when I go out properly I'm going to need the strong GG I know to grab me by arm and keep me on target!
    A strong GG is what we need! Glad you have one too. My wife "made" me do so many things in the beginning .... and I'm so glad she did as I'm a better person because of it. Much more confident and at ease with my femme self than I believe I would have been without her "pushing"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!