I have been for some time going to Tim Horton's and specifically concentrating on looking at the people as they come and go.

The location I go to seems to have a high count of seniors too (there being a large condo complex nearby for them helps). But it is a busy spot and I see plenty of people from 20s and up. Not much teen traffic though.

I have noticed

Women seem to wear pants that conform to the shape of the leg. No baggyness to the fit. Some of it is of course specifically form fitting because that is the nature of the article.
Men seem to wear pants that have a lot of excess fabric in the legs.

Women seem to always have twice as many layers of upper body wear than men (not including bra). A guy might just have a shirt, whereas a girl might have two tops on as evidenced by how you can see a differing coloured item that is long enough to stick out an inch or so lower. Seems deliberate. Many female outfits seem to have an inner article with an outer article not always closed in front.
Unless a guy is wearing a suit, it seems a shirt is all there will be there.

Tucked in seems to not matter between genders, but it seems women's tops were never meant to be tucked in to begin with. It seems to be just a choice with men's tops. I can wear the t shirt in or out and it looks right either way.

Belts seem to be a great deal more bolder on men and of course fancy buckles exist. Not that girls don't wear them ever. But so many girls seem to wear articles that would make seeing a buckle impossible rendering there be no point in wearing it.

Head coverings. I have been realizing women seem to rarely if ever have anything on their head other than a hood pulled up from a hoodie or similar item. I am guessing that is because messed up hair is a bad thing. I don't really like wearing ball caps myself, and I do tend to be fussy about how my hair appears.

The attention to one's hair seems to preclude my being able to wear my relatively overly expressive big head phones around. I suppose it looks ok as a guy, but would look kinda dumb as a female. That means I'd likely need to settle for ear plug type head phones or accept I'd look dumb.

Women seem willing to wear open concept shoes in damn near any weather conditions. I can only assume that is also a refection of not needing to walk far. I have often wondered what I would do about long duration walks and what would look sensible with some outfits. Some outfits seem to scream out 'you can't expect to walk far in this". I wonder if that means I'd be forced to curtail long walks if I want to wear some outfits. Don't even want to think of walking an hour in some form of heels.

Girls seem to be routinely 'cleaner' than most men. Men seem to be more willing to walk around in attire that seems like it just walked off a contruction site. Then again, girls seem ok with walking around in jeans all torn up in the front of the legs (I don't understand that fashion statement).

Size, I am noticing, that one major visual detail with women is they are just typically smaller over all. I suppose I can stop lamenting being inherently small. Once I get the waist down, I suspect a good wig and I will likely fit in easy enough just by looking the right over all size from most angles.

Getting a realistic wig is likely going to mean getting one that looks entirely ordinary as in not overly fancy. I have a thing for hair accessories, but I don't want them to end up acting like beacons too And I am not as of yet experienced in how much a person can safely do to a wig if made of artificial fibres without harming the wig. Something on my to do list that. I like pony tails and I like the idea of ribbons and I want to be able to wear clips etc.

But most girls appear to wear their hair in a way that states they did as little as possible to get it that way. The trick will be a pony tail that looks 'rushed'. And I don't want to just look like a guy with a pony tail. But that likely will be easy if the hair is kept coloured in some fashion. I have noticed girls can wear all sorts of extreme colourations whereas guys seem to rarely indulge this.

My goal, assuming I get the green light (that IS of course a requirmemnt like it has always been) is to look like a typical woman of my age range. I want to be able to wear a skirt if at least 15 other women can be seen to have walked by me inside of an hour. I have no desire to be the only 'woman' in a skirt on a day no one else is wearing one. Same with a dress to some extent. Today it is windy and over cast and threatening rain. There were very few women out today in skirts (no shock there). I have seen plenty out in hot weather though.

I am thinking my ideal outfit, will be some form of pants, not jeans and not tights, that fit close and have nothing in common with my male type pants. And some form of top that goes to the waist, not below it much and can be combined with maybe another top over it as an accent and with potentially something that can be worn left open. It seems to be a common 'look'. Colourful but mainly female due to the cut, not the colour. Neck lines on female tops are almost always a great give away. Men's tops seem totally uninterested in leaving much upper torso open to view. Men also of course tend to not wear lacy or open weave like top layer garments such as sweaters.

Any comments on my observations would be appreciated.