Thread: Fun at the coffee shop

Fun at the coffee shop

A couple weeks ago I was out running a few errands en femme when I decided to go through the drive-up at my favorite coffee shop. I had a few other things on my mind and I wasn't really paying attention to my voice. I mumbled a bit, and the girl taking the order (who couldn't see me) said "will you repeat that sir?"

I also got a couple of amused smiles at the window, when I got there. I expected that, because I don't pass all that well, but the "sir" really annoyed me.

So, a couple of days later I was passing the same coffee shop, this time in drab -- with the suit and tie and everything. Once again I decided to go through the drive-up. As I was waiting to order I decided I was going to "get even" with them for calling me sir. So this time I ordered in my very best female voice. When I got up to the window, my drink was ready and waiting. But instead of giving it to me, the girl at the window gets this really confused look on her face, and starts digging through her orders. She even left the window to go talk to her boss. Finally she came back and said "did you have the ... ?" I just smiled and said "yes I did," in my normal male voice.

I drove away thinking "ha, ha, ha on you!"

Platinum Member
    i don't pass either, but I do make it a point to order my latte inside the starbucks. The baristas have gotten to know me by name and I feel right at home.

Banned Read only
    I love this. This makes me smile. .LOL... I like to be called sir when I look like a man, and I like to be called ma'am when I look like a women. I did do this one thing a couple of years ago though. I was underdressed sort of. I had on a male shirt and jeans, but panties and bra and forms on. I went to McDonald's. I used my best female voice for the order. I got to the window, and paid to this nice young girl. But then a young man brought me the order. Now from his line of site and vantage point, I know he couldn't see my face at all. And so I assume he was looking at my chest while he approached the window since I did have a few buttons undone and my lacy bra could be seen and my boobies standing out. And I had on the seat belt right between them, so from the neck down, I was a woman to him. Well he opened the window and said. "here you go ma'am", and I leaned my head out of the window just a little and I said in a very feminine voice "thank you very much, have a nice day", I saw his face turn from a nice pleasant smile,,, to the dropped,, deer in the headlights look, or he was as though he'd just seen a ghost.
    I drove off, and I smiled to myself, wow.

I didn't do this to get attention. I was on the road, yes, just riding ,but my wife had called me and asked to to stop by McDonald's to get her the burger.
    L&R..........Tara

Cynthia, that is just wild! I needed a good laugh! Thanks for providing it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

That's quite brave. How long did it take for you to master the fem voice and how did you practice?

I did something similar once, purposely used my female voice to show off to my friends in the car and when we went around to collect she asked who ordered.
    we pointed to my friend and said he does impersonations.
    We did embarrass him because she was a hot chick and he liked her.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Katehall View Post
    That's quite brave. How long did it take for you to master the fem voice and how did you practice?
    I wouldn't say I've completely mastered it, but I practice all the time while driving back and forth to work. I've found that women make a lot of little "squeak" noises when they talk, and if you put those in at the right places, you'll sound pretty feminine.

Banned Read only
    LOL.... I like it! Maybe they will drop the pronouns and save them for when they can actually see the person.

What a great story! That is funny, paybacks are a biotch.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I've not had this happen to me yet. But I have called a store asking about a sale item and spoke in my normal male voice and got ma'am'd! What's up with that? Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde