Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bra wearing

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I usually wear a sports bra, and only out with a baggy t-shirt or sweatshirt. I wear one while bike riding, but I am moving and there really isn't enough time for anyone to look close enough to see it. It is easier to notice under light colored clothing, so I usually wear dark cycling shirts.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    A good while ago I encountered mention of this article called a BRO, that's B R O not bra.

Apparently it is not intended for cross dressers, it is not meant to be a bra, it is meant, I think if I have it correctly, as a male article of clothing. Still can't wrap my head around why a MAN would want to wear a BRO.

Ask most women, and they will tell you, they can't wait to get the damned thing off at the end of the day. But having actual breasts usually requires they wear one for more than appearance reasons (especially if life gave you more than you asked for).

Me, I don't have anything to put in one, and to be honest, I am not entirely sure I want to leap into wearing something that most women hate being stuck in. I'm inclined to think it a good thing I don't need it, and be glad I don't have the female heart ache of not having anything to put in one. I want to be the real me, and somehow falsification of breasts seems (to me that is) to be adding something 'fake' to being me.

I can understand that society expects a female to be wearing a bra though. If you have on a very nice outfit, and you clearly have no bra on, and you look every bit a woman, accept you have no bra on, I'd expect people to react the same way they'd react to any woman not wearing a bra under conditions when it would be considered 'improper' to not have on a bra.

I'm inclined to think I'd rather wear the bra, and put nothing in it, and just join the ranks of the girls out there that weren't really given anything to put in a bra.

I've been wearing a bra just about every day now for three months. It's an "Ahh Bra" with no seams or hooks. It's not really noticable under many shirts, especially if they have a patterned weave or some sort of color pattern.

A couple weeks ago I was wearing a yellow one under a yellow T shirt with decorations on the front. Late in the day, my wife said "Your bra shows under that shirt (from the back)." I asked her why she didn't tell me sooner and she said she hadn't noticed. It was a thin fabric. Anyway, we were out of town and not around anyone we'll ever see again so who cares?

I don't usually wear a bra if I will be around close friends who might hug me or sit across from me. I don't wear it to the doctor, dentist, or hairdresser.

Sometimes when we're out, my wife will snap my bra as a sign of affection.
    Last edited by linda allen; 06-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Unless it's winter and I need a heavy coat I never wear a bra out unless I'm fully dressed. Just doesn't seem right for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Curl View Post
    I wore a bra all weekend. I also sun bathed in my bra and panties (in my backyard) and got my first ever bikini (bra) tan lines. OK burn lines! something I always have wanted to do- to have a bikini tan/
    Ooooh Nice !!
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    OMG, here we go again.

Look, guys. Just because nobody says anything does NOT mean nobody notices. You can't hide a bra. Just look around you for goodness sake. Half the world's population wears bras. Don't you think they know what a bra looks like? Look at the women around you. Can you tell if THEY are wearing a bra or not? Yes you can. LOOK for goodness sake.

You can't hide wearing a bra. You just can't do it. Most people are far too polite to comment on your little weirdness. Think no one notices? Dream on. You are just in fantasy land if you do.

S
    Actually in my beginning I hide my breast and bra's under my bullet prof vest FYI now I have a female cut vest that actually shows off my breast

What is the big deal here????? If you choose to wear a bra, then do it!!!!! If you choose NOT to wear a bra then don't!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    What is the big deal here????? If you choose to wear a bra, then do it!!!!! If you choose NOT to wear a bra then don't!!!!!!!

Molly
    Seriously, I find I am a much nicer and more sociable person since I've been wearing panties and bras. It may be because I'm no longer sneaking around my wife, or it may actually be the feeling of the panties and bras.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

OMG, here we go again.

Look, guys. Just because nobody says anything does NOT mean nobody notices. You can't hide a bra. Just look around you for goodness sake. Half the world's population wears bras. Don't you think they know what a bra looks like? Look at the women around you. Can you tell if THEY are wearing a bra or not? Yes you can. LOOK for goodness sake.

You can't hide wearing a bra. You just can't do it. Most people are far too polite to comment on your little weirdness. Think no one notices? Dream on. You are just in fantasy land if you do.

S
    I can't agree more.
    I love looking at girls and their bra habits.
    I have wasted a couple of hours of my life because I saw another man wearing a bra and I wanted to have a good look.
    Yes it was a waste of time I could have been looking at girls instead.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear a bra most of the time now and yes the girls do show so what thats what its all about support and show.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseanna View Post
    I was nearly caught out when kids of my sister sons came around and said to me are wearing a bra. I said no of course.
    I was and with nice padding under the bra.
    I didn't notice how much they actually stood out.
    Kids, even younger ones are more observant and perceptive than most people think. I would say if you don't want them to notice then don't try and wear one and then try and deny it. If your sister rather than her kids were there do you think they she would have noticed?

I had something similar with my daughter when she was maybe 3. I had some light pale pink nail polish on my toes and she asked me if i had nail polish on there. I didn't think it was going to be noticed, but it was.

A bra with padding certainly will be. How old are the kids?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post

Molly
    Exactly! There's no big deal at all. If you want to wear a bra, just wear the darn thing. Nobody gives a fig.

BUT, don't think for a minute that nobody can tell. Anyone who looks can tell, especially from the back.

You just can't hide a bra.

S

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It really is a matter of choice: If you want to let the world know you wear a bra, then wearing one will do that

It really doesn't matter if it shows or not. All you need is someone to slap you on the back, regardless of the amount of clothing you are wearing, and they will know!

Personally, I keep my gendered selves as separate as possible. There are some compromises that are necessary, but wearing a bra is not one of them. Bras are for Tina!

I wear bras under my tee shirts all the time. The straps always show in back, especially when you bend over. Don't assume you're ok just because it doesn't show in front.

Personally, I don't care if anyone notices.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAlexis View Post
    Can people tell if they're looking? Sure, unless the person is wearing something bulky like a sweatshirt. How many people look to spot bra lines on guys, especially since the relative thicker and looser lines decreases the amount it stands out, even if it doesn't eliminate it? It's not like a bra is a bright neon sign saying "look at me." People don't go looking for things they don't expect to find.
    This is exactly what my wife says. Yes something might be noticeable but if it's subtle and not too obvious, sure people can tell you're wearing "something" under your shirt but, on a guy, they might not immediately think "bra!". That said, it does depend of the type of bra, the shirt you're wearing, how pronounced everything is etc. I worry sometimes that my bra straps can be seen when I'm in boy mode wearing just a tee but my wife says I shouldn't worry and encourgaes me to wear what I want to wear and she says even if people notice they almost certainly won't say anything.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley_Roberta View Post
    A good while ago I encountered mention of this article called a BRO, that's B R O not bra.
    It's a "manzier" :-) I'm referring to the Sienfeld episode where Cramer and George's dad invent one. Good stuff. Also, I saw that Homer Simpson wears one, but only for going up and down stairs :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    This is exactly what my wife says. Yes something might be noticeable but if it's subtle and not too obvious, sure people can tell you're wearing "something" under your shirt but, on a guy, they might not immediately think "bra!". That said, it does depend of the type of bra, the shirt you're wearing, how pronounced everything is etc. I worry sometimes that my bra straps can be seen when I'm in boy mode wearing just a tee but my wife says I shouldn't worry and encourgaes me to wear what I want to wear and she says even if people notice they almost certainly won't say anything.

It's basically a cross dressing version of the awareness test.

Some answers if anyone asks:

It's a T shirt.
    It's a posture brace.
    It's a back brace.
    Yes, it's a bra. My wife dared me to wear one for a week and I took her up on it.

I wear one every day, just don't have a lot to put in it. I keep wishing though. Light tops do show more than dark ones. I've had zero problems with wearing a bra. Just own it and its ok. Morgan

[SIZE="3"]Your out all day...wearing your new bra...thinking, nobody knows...then you meet a friend and she gives you a hug!! [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I agree, unlike panties, pantyhose, and slips, a bra can't be hidden. Oh, there are combinations that attract attention and should be avoided (unless you want to get noticed), like tight tops, too big bust size, padded bras, forms, dark bras under light colored tops, bras worn under tank tops, see-through tops, etc.. I have worn white and beige bras under tees and nobody said anything, snickered, or snapped the straps But even if the bra is not visible, it can be felt!