Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention from Guys

Attention from Guys

So, for those who present, how do you feel about the attention you get from guys? I noticed today that every woman who came into where I was having lunch was checked out by all the guys, regardless of her age or looks. Nothing conscious on thier part, but when I paid attention to it, I really saw it. The women also checked out the men as they came in, but it was much more subtle.

I don't think I'll ever present, but I am curious how it makes those who do go out dressed feel.

It feels rewarding if they don't figure out I'm a dude in a dress. I am ecstatic when I blend.

It is really an eye opener to see this from both sides if you can luck in to pulling it off. As a guy you typically don't get that kind of attention and then when you are CDing at first it seems like guys are reading you, but instead they may actually be checking you out. It is a really odd feeling especially if you are not looking for that kind of attention. But, there is a slight buzz knowing someone in the world finds you desirable.
    Chickie

Someone better look when I walk into a room...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi,

As a woman & it makes little difference wether men or women ill allways be looked at i dress a little different as in my pic i dont mind im so used to that now.

My facial features are more masculine i dont do the make up, if lippy & eyebrow liner is counted i have no need i have lovely skin & its olive so why cover up whats nice.

When i dress in my period wear or garb then of cause im looked at much more because our style is so different & not seen on our streets much i have fun &
    enjoy being dressed in my clothes that way infact its more me,

You know what some of my out fits are really lovely = a wench & Chatiline- lady of the Castle.

...noeleena...

I'm rather relieved to report that I don't get much attention from guys. I think the combination of height, age, and a prominent wedding ring seems to take care of that issue.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    I noticed today that every woman who came into where I was having lunch was checked out by all the guys, regardless of her age or looks.
    I made a point once to see if it was true that most men look at all the women who pass by, and I also notice they do this. Some are more obvious about it than others. I'm told it's an automatic response, something to do with a guy's wiring or something. It's fun to observe a man who is with his wife; he knows just when and how to look (when his wife has her attention elsewhere). lol

Anyway, I'm also told that most female passers-by won't hold these men's attention. They glance, determine whether she is worth looking at or not, and if she isn't they don't give her another glance. Likely the men themselves don't even notice they do this, unless of course a good looking woman walks by and then it's a signal to have a longer look.

Given this information, I wouldn't let it flatter or bother you, since looking up is an instinctual response not unlike blinking. If on the other hand you have the body shape/sexy clothes/hair/etc that merit a second look, then you can decide how you feel about it. But, I should think that anyone who dresses that way does so because they enjoy the attention?
    Reine

Tongue in cheek comments on this one.

Firstly I was watching a TV program on advertising and they quoted a study that looked at social interactions between people, specifically what they "look" at when they meet someone. Women typically "look" at the face and keep their attention on the face. Men, whilst also looking at the face, almost universally also look at the groin, and even when talking or involved in a conversation will still intermittently look at the other persons groin. This is irrespective of the gender of the person they meet!

Secondly My wife was recently at a function and talking with some (male) friends. A lady entered the room who was rather, shall we say well endowed" and well, according to my wife, was certainly making the most of her endowments. Well, the friend that was speaking at the time this person walked past literally just stopped mid sentence. Bit of typical male chauvanistic behaviour you could say but my wife said that even she and another lady who was in the group were basically "wow, thats certainly on display". The other lady (from Queensland, think an australian version of Texas) said "we call that the cattle dog bra look. It goes round back and pushes em up".

From my experience men would notice any woman and say something. I've been whistled at, call out at, I've even had one come up to me (I got nervous on that one) part of me loves the attention but the other part doesn't want it to go no further than a holler
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

Well I havent gone out CDing but in my freshman year of high school I had my hair at its longest(slightly past the collar bone) and that's when I was becoming aware of how feminine I looked. I noticed alot of guys couldn't help give me a glance an then would look at me somewhat puzzled when they realized I was male. Ofcourse I was 14 at the time and didn't quite have the same outllook on gender that I do today so my reaction was typical of most guys, very pissed off lol. But if I get mistaken for a woman now I get rediculously happy.

Well I was dressed in a short black skirt, black panty hose, 4 in heels and was with the wife putting gas in her car. The island over was a guy that was really checking me out!! My back was to him as I was watching the cars go by in the street. When I got back in the car my wife relayed this info to me. We both had a good laugh as if he only knew what he was Checking out. Made me fill good though!!!

BobbieB

I can't help but be the "center of attention" when I'm out on the dance floor dancing en femme, even for gay guys. Then it kind of becomes a matter of just "how" they are looking at me. Lately I have incorporated female pheromones in my fragrance as an experiment. What I've found with that is that being "looked at" is pretty much a guarantee.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well I suppose I enjoy the 'confirmation' of being femme by men noticing me when out and about but really, it's the women I want to notice me, not the men. Having said that, there is simply no way on earth to stop men from staring at someone wearing a pair of heels, hose and sexy skirt/dress. The heels alone, turns mens heads everytime without fail.

[SIZE="3"]When I'm out en femme I enjoy attention from a guy, be it a look, smile, or a comment. If I'm alone, walking to a club or in a parking garage I have felt vulnerable, GG's I've talked to say it's the same for them sometimes.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I don't mind it at all! Love it,actually!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

My wife dosent mind me looking. You know look but don't touch.
    I used to be checked out a lot when I was 20 and had an army of female supporters.
    The surprised look when they found out I was a guy was always rewarding.
    It was fun being the center of attention and I was proud of it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Well... to add my two cents worth, I havent been out in public but if I ever do and men notice me I would feel like theyll know Im a man in womens clothes and that would make me very uncomfortable. I would not have an issue with women noticing me probably since Im wired that way I would enjoy that much better. Oh my, would that make me a semi lesbian? Hmmmm............

Thera
    Last edited by Thera Home; 06-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieBrooks View Post
    Well I was dressed in a short black skirt, black panty hose, 4 in heels and was with the wife putting gas in her car. The island over was a guy that was really checking me out!! BobbieB
    I guess anyone in short black skirt, hose and heels putting gas in car would get positive attention. Maybe that's why a lot of GG's go about in sweatshirts and jeans, to deter a lot of unwanted attention?

I would love attention from guys if I were to go out. I got it once, even though he was drunk, he tried dancing with me :-P

looks or comments dont bother me but theres been occasions where supposed friends got too friendly with their hands,that totally creeps me out .
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

I love the attention I get and I just drive around. I've run into a few scenarios where someone would start talking...I talk back...no one had a clue. Then I tell them I'm a guy. The look on their faces is priceless! and oh does it hurt so good!! Those are the moments where my manhood takes a backseat..actually gets left behind in the dust. Then I wake up with a 5oclock shadow like, "remember me"?!! Not cool. xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieBrooks View Post
    Well I was dressed in a short black skirt, black panty hose, 4 in heels and was with the wife putting gas in her car. The island over was a guy that was really checking me out!! My back was to him as I was watching the cars go by in the street. When I got back in the car my wife relayed this info to me. We both had a good laugh as if he only knew what he was Checking out. Made me fill good though!!!
    Be careful with this. Some guys become violent when they discover the "girl" they were admiring is really a guy. There are unstable people out there who can easily become violent and this is the sort of thing that might push someone over the edge.

The other side of this: as a GG I would not wear short skirts, black hose, and 4 inch heels and bend over while putting gas in my car. But then I've been socialized to always be aware of my safety. And like outhiking said, this would be unwanted attention for me.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Be careful with this. Some guys become violent when they discover the "girl" they were admiring is really a guy. There are unstable people out there who can easily become violent and this is the sort of thing that might push someone over the edge..
    Just take off your heels and kick his ass. ( oops,did I just say that)

Thera

I guess I would have to say, I do enjoy attention from men when given. Last friday eve a couple of other dressed girls and I got together for girls night out. We were at a nice restaurant that also had a bar. There was an older gentleman that kept looking our way, and we did not make anything out of it. Just girl giggles and joking about it. After dinner we went to the bar area and took a table. The man had the bartender bring over drinks (a couple of times) for all three of us. My girl friends went to the ladies room and I stayed at the table and he came over to see if I would like to have a date. I graciously thanked him for the nice thought but told him we are celebrating being girls. He looked at me funny, and handed me his business card with his private cel number written on it, and said if I ever changed my mind, to call him. When my girl friends came back from the ladies room, I told them what happened and they both teased me unmercilously for the remainder of the evening. I liked the man's style, and yes, I was very pleased with myself and my appearance. Who knows, maybe I might get real silly and call him....Well, I guess I could have a moment of madness and a loss of my sanity. So Yes, I did enjoy the attention.........Veronnie

Makeup addict!
    I don't go out (yet), but if I did, attention from guys would probably weird me out because it would be unwanted since I don't have any attraction towards men. It would be different if women looked at me, dressed or not