Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming

Anyone has experience with crossdressing in lucid dreams?

I feel super excited about the idea that i could become an actual girl in a lucid dream super vivid.

Any tips on how to trigger a gender switch during a lucid dream?

I've tried going to bed dressed in a bra and tank top to try to induce crossdressing and gender switch dreams but i havent been successful so far.

Silver Member
    I've never been able to change who I am because who I am in my dreams is just kind of... a mush of everything I am and everything I have been my entire life... and it varies from dream to dream. Heck, last night I was Spider Man and was being overcome by Venom... (for serious) lol! And I'm not even a Spider Man fan...

I used to try to lucid dream by looking at my hands while in a dream. Then gave up after a while... then suddenly, when I was having nightmares, I would try to look at my hands to wake up from the dream, but instead I would just have control over the dream. I would be having a nightmare and keep 'waking up' over and over into new dreams lol... so I lucid dream a LOT without actually trying to... (it can get REALLY trippy and scary sometimes)

I think who you are in your dreams is really going to correlate with who you feel you are or the struggles you are having with your identity. If you identify as a man, I don't think you'll have a good chance of being a woman in your dreams... but I really have no idea.

Is lucid aka "wet"? Lol. And I don't have lucid dreams let along any dreams where I'm crossdressing..... Figure that I'm living the dream..... So I don't need to compensate.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Is lucid aka "wet"? Lol. And I don't have lucid dreams let along any dreams where I'm crossdressing..... Figure that I'm living the dream..... So I don't need to compensate.....
    umm... ew... ????? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    umm... ew... ????? :P
    Just for clarification purposes... I've noticed a lot of people use code words here! Lol.

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    haha! Yeah... okay... well for the record... no codewords here... I just wanted to talk about dreams where you are actually in control of your actions!

By "control" you mean...

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    By "control" you mean...
    noooo Karren... get your mind out of the gutter :P

I actually don't like when that happens

Do you already lucid dream? I would imagine successfully being able to lucid dream would be a good first step. And, I know dream recall is pretty important with that. I believe my SO's philosophy professor recommended writing down your dreams every single morning in the beginning.

The idea is that once you realize you are in a dream (your lucid moment), you would be able to create your own world. So, getting to a lucid point in your dream to where you could realize you would be able to manipulate your body would where you would want to go. It apparently takes a lot of practice to get to that point.

I have recurring dreams that all of my teeth suddenly start to fall out. I have this dream a few times a month. The people in it change, but the plot is basically the same. I have a loose tooth, it falls out, more begin to fall out, the people I talk to try to brush off my worry, and then I am always stopped from seeing a dentist. (The place is closed, they are busy, etc.) I have had this dream so much that I literally will have a moment while dreaming when I realize that I've seen this before. Or, there will be something wrong about my dream that I realize...like sometimes I will be in a house that I grew up in, but when I walk out of the house it will be the scenery from outside my old high school. In my dream, I realize something is wrong with the picture. It's just like the moments that I am in the "tooth dream." But, without fail, I will have my lucid moment, and then something happens. Usually there's a little gap in my memory of the dream, but I know it progressed without my further realization that I was dreaming. In other words, I remember when I wake up that I was lucid for a moment in my dream. However, the lucidity is always momentary before the dream just progresses again without faltering.

So, as a person that writes down my dreams a lot and recalls them very well, I have never been able to "control" or "manipulate" a dream. I do have moments that I will know that I am dreaming. So, it is my assumption that learning to lucid dream requires more work that I have been willing to put into it.

But, I guess a dream diary might get you to the point of having good recall. And, recall can be pretty important because it familiarizes yourself with how you dream. Once you figure out what you dream, it might be easier to realize when you are dreaming/become lucid.

lol good luck with it
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I'm not sure that it was a dream, but back in 1968 when I was laying in my cot in Vietnam, I experienced transitioning, I mean transforming, into a woman (by God or whatever). It was so lucid and vivid that I had to reach down and check, LOL. In a heartbeat, I prayed for it to be for real. Guess it never happened. Boohoo

Sometimes it's tough to distinguish whether the lucid dream is the reality and this is the dream. It's all part of a program anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Sometimes it's tough to distinguish whether the lucid dream is the reality and this is the dream. It's all part of a program anyway.
    lol Ryan and I were having a ridiculously weird conversation a couple nights ago about this. I was talking about how everything seems pretty real in a dream until you wake up...then, you realize all the silly things that you should have recognized as false in the dream. So, I was pondering that dreaming was a type of consciousness, just like reality. I also believe that meditative trance states are also separate states of consciousness. (We finally have the science to recognize distinct brain wave patterns during dreaming, meditating, and waking states). It leaves the question then to be asked if we eventually we wake up from what we regard as reality to a completely different consciousness. When I dream, I feel as though I have been in that dream for hours...days...an unknown amount of time. With meditation, minutes can feel like hours (and vice versa). And, if time is relative, is the time that we experience in our waking consciousness fundamentally different than if there were a "higher" consciousness? Would years in this higher consciousness feel like minutes in reality? And, back with lucid dreaming...if you are conscious that you are experiencing a dream and you then manipulate your surroundings...are you not experiencing a completely different type of consciousness? What's the purpose behind experiences life in various forms of consciousness?

Silly stuff to ponder about...but, I get bored sometimes.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I am jealous that you can even remember your dreams, much less control them. I have a time machine in my room. I lay down on it, close my eyes, and I am instantly teleported eight hours into the future.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

It is easy to trip the gender switch just go out in public full time as a woman, three to four days should do it and you will be having all kinds of lucid dreams.

I have had crossdressing dreams after I read stories late night from fictionmania.com. They have stories from that are pg rated up to the xxx stories. You can read stories that touch just about any kind of feeling you have.Trying going to this site late nite and read as much as you can It will help you sleep and sometimes give you dreams of crossdressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Yes, I have had lots of Lucid dreams and when I was younger I had a few where I was able to switch my gender. Those happened after I saw the Dennis Quaid movie Dreamscape. It was really cool but they only lasted a few moments. Fast forward to now and I have had many lucid dreams but nothing like in ym teens. They are very different and more like out of body experiences. Once I realize I am dreaming, I somewhat come out of the dream and am somewhere between being awake and sleeping. I have on a few occasions have looked at myself sleeping. Really cool stuff.

As Shannigans mentioned, anyone can train themselves for this stuff and what she peaks of about writing your dreams down as you wake, as much as you can remember is the best way. The first step is to remember your dreams as it is natural to forget them even minutes after you awake. It can be a pain to start writing down as your still half asleep but after a bit of time, you start to remember a lot easier.

Shannagins, teeth falling out is a common dream. How about the ones where your back in High School or one of your schools, standing there and not remembering your combo to your locker, or in class and feeling like you are way behind in the subject. Those are very common too.

Lucid dreaming is possible. Mine developed from the fact that I have A LOT of nightmares, big hairy spiders crawling up my leg, watching my loved ones die in horrible pain. It's a coping mechanism I developed over the years. Knowing that you are having a dream is one level, having conscious coherent thoughts is another, changing your dreams with your thoughts is really difficult. I don't think I've ever had a dream where I managed to will myself to become a woman but I do have dreams in which I am a woman fairly often and I'm able to consciously decide to stay a woman. In one particular dream I had been turned into a woman by some covert agency as an experiment. They were planning to change me back but I managed a very complicated escape so I could remain female. In another I was a very sexy female pop star, somewhat akin to Lady Gaga, but a brunette with long hair and bangs. In another dream I was Winona Ryder. Just this week I had a dream I was going out to a special event and couldn't find a decent pair of pantyhose to wear.

My dreams have become more frequent since I eliminated the psychological barriers that were resisting my femininity. It doesn't affect how you have to present in public (we can't help all the stereotypes and prejudice) but it does help internally. When I tried to be 100% all man I felt like a fraud. Now I feel a lot more like me.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I have had dreams about diffetent stages of dressing some passing, some not.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I had a dream where I was a female which spanned many years, from about 14 to early 40s ....and had a child.

In it I was also a guerrilla leader in the UK, which had been invaded ... but that as they say, is another story

Even now I can remember every part of it. Must write a book about it sometime

Lucid dreaming is not that hard to learn. The sub-conscious mind and the conscious mind are alomost the same thing. The conscious mind works during waking time and the sub during sleep/rest. The sub will crunch the memories when it allowed to. The best way to train for lucis dreaming is to have problems i.e. puzzles before you go to sleep. The conscious mind will pass the information onto the sub-conscious as you transition to sleep. The sub-conscious will then work on the problem. That is way sometimes you wake up in the middlw of the night remembering the name on the person you could not place. Once you get the problem solveing down, you just have to set up a trigger in you conscious mind that is passed to your sub-conscious that lets you know you are dreaming. That will allow to start controlling you dreams.

I agree, you can learn to have lucid dreams. For me it's a matter of 1) realizing that I am dreaming and 2) not waking up too fast.

I seem to have developed a signal to myself that I am dreaming: I've had facial hair my entire adult life, and if I touch my face and I'm clean-shaven, I realize I'm dreaming. It wasn't intentional, it simply... evolved. The first time it happened I thought "I don't remember shaving" and somehow that morphed into "this must be a dream". I was able to take complete control of the dream. Now it happens a few times a year, always with the same chin-clue in mid-dream. I can control the dream for a short time, and do anything I want. I sometimes fly, but if I do something supernatural like that I wake up after a disappointingly short time. If I go with the flow of the dream I can stay with it longer. The most important thing is to relax and stay connected to the dream, so I can continue to sleep.

-- Anne

Reality can seem like a lucid dream sometimes, particularly since I've learned to manipulate the conditions (within the parameters of physics) to make what I want to happen. As Shan touched on, time is relative and we can speed it up or slow it down as needed and linear time is really an illusion created so be can experience feelings and emotions.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had plenty of wild dreams that sure felt real.Some good some bad but very few about CDing.
    I did have one where I was physically a female.Wish I would have that one again it was a very nice dream.
    I do have the ability to go back to sleep and continue the same dream sometimes.
    Daytime dreams are real vivid for me.The times when you nap for a short time wow those are intense.I recall a time where I was out before dawn deer hunting on a very very warm November morning.
    Set my Bambi "sniper lair" in a section of high grass by a tree line.It was still dark about an hour before total dawn.
    I had been setting up and had a tree branch hit me in the lower lip cutting a nice gash causing some bleeding.I got all settled in and drifted off to sleep.
    The smell of musty dirt,the smell of the early morning air and the taste of blood in my mouth must have triggered the dream.
    The dream was so vivid with all the smells around me it took me right back to a place in time that was truly horrible, an early morning fire fight I almost didn't make it out of.

Dreams are very interesting and I would say writing them down in a log would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.

I read somewhere that if you give your mind something to work on while you sleep, it will, otherwise it will just put random thoughts together. So far (although I don't usually remember my dreams), I've been able to 'steer' at least a few of my dreams to various subjects successfully, by thinking about what I want to dream about as I go to sleep. It's a fascinating subject, but hard to document since so much of the dreaming is not recalled at all when awake.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have had lucid dreams since I was a child. They are rarely pleasant though there has been the occasional dream where I was a woman. I could be entirely wrong but such a thing once turned on may be something that you could wish you could turn off. Even in a lucid state the best I have ever managed was to stop someone in my dream from murdering me. Even in the dreams where I am female they usually involve someone trying to kill me. Could just be me but if I had a choice I would avoid the thing altogether.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila