Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has THIS site pushed you over the edge?

Banned Read only

Has THIS site pushed you over the edge?

As in OUT of the closet? En femme out into the RW? Has participating here at this Forum given you that strength?

Or do you simply "know" that you have no desire to ever leave your house whether you could pass or not?

I ask because have seen a few ladies mention in the last week that they started with simple basic stuff and never thought thay would ever go all out dressing and ever leave their house and now they do. Almost expressed their journey as addictive by the tone of their posts.

ARE you surprised at just how far you have come since you started CDing months or years ago?

I think it is just a natural progression. Has you get better and you begin to realize no one cares you go out more. At least that is how it is for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I think the best thing this site has given me is comfort - to know that I'm not weird or alone in this journey. Thank you, ladies, for your help.

Gigi
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    As to your initial question, NO. This site has not pushed me at all, but the people here have given me some encouragement, insight and reassurance that I am not that different than a lot of others.
    As to your last question, YES. I am surprised at how far I've come since I started (though that was a long long time ago) to paraphrase a great song.

Can't say that this site contributed to helping me go out dressed since I started going out dressed before there was an internet and before I even knew there were others like me. I can definitely see how this site would help educate gals thinking about "taking the plunge" since there are so many positive stories from those who took the leap of faith and didn't get arrested or suffer from spontaneous combustion. Someimes all it takes is knowing that there is somebody else out there walking in your shoes.

From years in the closet, to out in the world. The wonderfull people here provided me the encouragement to explore myself, which ultimately helped me out the door...and what a world it is...thank you all

I was way over the edge before I came here..... Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Has this site "pushed" me, NO.

Has this site "lead" me, YES.

I am very surprised that in the nine months that I have been dressing, I have progressed to the point of feeling confident enough to go out. So much so that my wife, who has begin talking to me about the dressing (still will not see me dressed, but talking) has wanted to know how I was progressing, and has expressed the desire that I not leave the house dressed to go out in our town. She is accepting if I leave in drab, go to another town, get a room, and dress and go out. Very big step for her to talk.

I have received answers to my questions, I have read about what others do, how, why, when, etc. This all has made it much easier to make decisions. When decisions are easier to make when you have the necessary information, you will do things quicker. I have developed very quickly, and thank this site for that.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    This is has provided reaffirmation of who I am. I can't say it has caused me to go out into the world on a limited basis, because I had done that decades ago. As a retiree there is not too much society can do, if my cross dressing becomes less closeted. This site has shown me I am not alone in the universe. There are men like me who has the same 'issues' as I have.

No push, but then I've never really had much desire to get out, I'm here because because of years of feeling like I was the only one out here, and I have enjoyed finding out just how common we are.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I wasn't pushed I went full bore head first screaming over the edge all by myself.

I would like to believe that some here have benefited from others and have gone out because of it. I do believe tat most would do it if they had the inclination without pushing. It is all getting over the fear of oneself.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Not really Hon. I was already "way out" there before I ever came here.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I believe this wonderful site helps boost ones confidence in who we are and why we do it. Karren i hope your parachute opens! LMAO

Platinum Member
    I don't know if this site is responsible. the fact that I looked for it suggests something. but I do think this site has to some degree opened my eyes to the possibilities - my possibilities. The inclinations are mine, but the examples of others made a difference for me. I doubt that I would be out to as many people, or going out in public and truly enjoying that part of my life, without this site's influence.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    What this site has done is to give me the information I have desired at every step along the way of what has been the adventure of understanding Tina. Every step requires a decision and decisions are better made when informed.

I would like to mention that the experiences of others have been so very very helpful in everything from makeup to clothes to tucking to getting out in the world! I can't thank all of you enough.

tina

This site has helped a lot, i used to feel guilty and weird about wanting to wear woman's clothes, but this site has been a great comfort and help to me, never thought i would leave the house with my wife (even though it was dark and only a drive to the country) in heels, wig. and full makeup.
    Yes i want to repeat it again, so it must be addictive lol
    man i feel like a woman

Well, I have gone from changing quickly in the locker room, to being a bit more casual, and the decision to say "yes they're panties" or "sort of unisex" if questioned. I shave my legs and wear shorts, I've stated that it's less about the cycling thing and more of personal preference. A potential partner has appeared on the scene, and if my pursuit is successful, I will, tell her. I have had conversations at work with a customer who is ( I'm fairly certain ) MtF, TS, I try to behave to her as if she is GG. ( A bit difficult, I think she had the surgery late, and she could use a good surgeon for FFS ) I have regretted some comments made in the past to a friend who is TG in some way. I have considered dressing fully, but still don't think this is going to bring out a feminine persona. I have come to realize that I want to be Beautiful, Sexy, such things are not normally accepted in males, at least not in the way I mean them. I think that's where some of this is coming from.

What a bunch of rambling stream-of-consciousness.

Over the edge? Which edge? Where is/was it? This site has certainly made me consider exactly who or what I am, and to try to unearth exactly where this is coming from, and where it is likely to take me, And where do i want to go? perhaps more importantly, it has made me look at others differently, and to wonder where their motivations and drives come from. it has, I hope, made me a better more accepting person.

Gold Member
    This site has given me more confidence to wear female clothes with out feeling guilty;
    Now is that a bad thing, I say NO. That is what I thought this forum is here fore, to
    help and nurture the cross dressing idea, or concept.
    I just do not see an edge, just a large field that we have only began to cross.
    Rader

It's all about finding out who you are and where you want to go.
    Last edited by Jennaie; 06-27-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    It's a recurring theme here isn't it? So many folks WANT to venture out but haven't yet. With enough time at this Forum...

Doesn't matter if you call it a push or a gentle nudge does it? How about Literary Courage?

The important thing is not to fret endlessly about it and just do it. As people report over and over again, very few people will notice or care. At least not to your face.

Does it really matter what STRANGERS might say or think?

I know I won't pass so I am content to stay put.
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

No, but I might have pushed some over the edge by now, including my shrink.

Seriously though.. this site and the people here have helped my confidence a lot!

This site lead me to the River City Gems. My sisters in the Gems lovingly welcomed me and got me out of the closet. At one point in my life I would have rather been dead than to have anyone know I was trans. As per my recent post, I spent a weekend en femme and marched down the middle of the street in a dress! Go figure!

There are alot of wonderful people on this site that will make you feel comfortable and confident no matter what you choose to do.
    Debby

Finding this site was a godsend to me. I had been out in public a few times previously, but only in a very controlled environment, for very short periods of time. The wonderful people on this site showed me that it's OK to be me and that I needn't hide anymore from the world outside my front door. Home life is still another matter, however. Pushed? NO Encouraged? YES

Quote Originally Posted by Jackiefl View Post
    I believe this wonderful site helps boost ones confidence in who we are and why we do it. Karren i hope your parachute opens! LMAO
    I hope I land skates down on an ice rink somewhere!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos