Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think CDing might possibly be Hereditary...

Banned Read only

Do you think CDing might possibly be Hereditary...

would be a "silly" question.

Wouldn't it?

Soooooo, how about thi: ? IF you have any blood brothers or sisters, do you KNOW that they are or are NOT fellow CDers? if you think no way in he**, maybe they think the same thing about you? Anyone here have a CDing sibling that you are aware of?

I don't believe in anyway that things like that are hereditary. I live with my sis. she dresses like a woman 24/7 and enjoys it. I don't think your personality is inherited through genes. It's formed through experience an perspective.

There maybe a genetic element, but one thing seems to be hormone levels as a baby in uterus. Changes parts of the brain.
    Some work on brain scanning shows different areas working in different genders with certain stimuli.

One indicator (sort of 'ish reliable) the the ring/index finger ratio, like all these things not 100% of course.

Like many things combinations of certain predispositions (possibly genetic) plus environment.

Still early days in working all this out of course.

Yes I have a TS friend who's father was, My brother is, and another CD friend had a father who was.

I have no idea! But I do have a grandson that seems to be one! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMallon View Post
    There maybe a genetic element, but one thing seems to be hormone levels as a baby in uterus. Changes parts of the brain.
    Some work on brain scanning shows different areas working in different genders with certain stimuli.

One indicator (sort of 'ish reliable) the the ring/index finger ratio, like all these things not 100% of course.
    There seems to be some evidence that elevated levels of androgens (testosterone) in the womb does result in more masculine digit ratios but this isn't "inherited" in the sense that there are "TG" genes. For whatever reason, I'm glad I have a "female" ratio -- I guess the stars were aligned for me to favor my more feminine side!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Nope, all of mine are pretty straight laced which is about as far as any of them get in the "lace" department,
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I think so.. spaced apart to different degrees in different families it CAN be a common thing in some blood lines.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I believe there is some genetic component as my 3 male cousins (I have no sibs) in my generation are all gay and well....here I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As far as I know all of my male relatives are pretty straight laced 100% male, although they could be just like me and be very good at putting on a complete act.

Also maybe it skips a generation, perhaps a deceased male relative of mine was one and the "fem/trans/cross dressing gene" skipped a few generations until it picked me!! Joy!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I think it is!! I've seen some vintage photos in one of our albums and damn if my grandmother didn't look like a man.... Wearing jeans!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Obviously it is not! Why doesn't Karen wear Jean's clothes Or does she?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    Obviously it is not! Why doesn't Karen wear Jean's clothes Or does she?
    Only my grandmother knows the truth! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's taboo to talk about in most families, which makes it difficult to know. The hormones present during pregnancy is an interesting concept. I always thought that the desire to cross dress might be due to something that happened during infancy, or the first 3 years of life. It's psychological, but hormones and genetics are other possible factors involved.

I also suspect that it is more widespread in men than commonly thought. I'd love to see some reliable studies, but I'm guessing it's hard to get a lot of men to admit to it in a survey or interview.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Well, I guess I got my interest from women clothing from my mother's :-)

There isn't A Study out there (that I've ever seen or heard of) that can prove a hereditary link. We have some anecdotal accounts of siblings and relatives within families, but that could certainly be a "Nurture Effect," or chocked up to random possibility.

If we think about it, wouldn't it be similar to having a brother who committed murder. Would we expect a sibling to also commit murder, a great uncle? I imagine not, and probably for the same reasons. Anthing's a possibility, but I'm not so sure all behaviors have a genetic link. Always a possibility that there is a Gene that might cause a "propensity" for a given behavior, but no guarantees, and so far, no proof.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think it is!! I've seen some vintage photos in one of our albums and damn if my grandmother didn't look like a man.... Wearing jeans!
    Hehehe Karren..Would that be the "Jean gene"? The one you obviously didn't inherit from granny! Big smooches Jackie
    Jackie

My youngest son is a CD/TG. I found out for sure about a year ago.
    Heredity? Who knows.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I have never addmitted this but I know my older brother used to crossdress. I caught him semi dressed once and maybe that led to me getting interested in dressing. Once I had an opportunity in raided his room and found all of his cloths. And of course I 'borrowed' them. Is that just as wrong as 'borrowing' from a girl or mother? I don't know if he still dresses but I do.
    I wonder if it might of been something in the water because my parents best friends have a son that transitioned MtF.

Yep.
    My dad is the most closeted person on the planet. The poor guy finds a rediculous amount of fascination in movies like Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, Monty Python skits in drag, etc.
    I showed a pic of me on front of Target, and he likes it, but he can't bear being honest and open with himself. He hits the silence button and acts like all is well. No dissaproval....just silence.
    I think it's generational.

For me, I think there is a stronger case for nurture over nature.

Dear ole' Mum, (may she burn in Hell), used to introduce her brood as "first came X, then came Y (me) and then I had my success story, Z (my Sister)"

This was a pretty strong message around the age of 5: Boys are failures, Girls equal success. Her further actions throughout life reinforced this "boys bad, girls good" attitude. (Catholics do Guilt and she was a master).

So I gotta think at least some part of my CD-ness is due to her instilled "momma will put all her fears into you" attitude towards boys.

$.02, One data point.

My dad is homophobic to the point where he does seem like he's hiding something . I'm thinking instead of a Mangrate , I think i'll get him a pair of 5inch pumps for Fathers day . .

Something witty.
    I know a CD who recently found out her father was also dressing, purely by accident. However, rather than bring them closer, it has remained taboo between them. Amazing, yet I have often wondered what I would think/do in the same situation. IT's very odd. I mean I would like to think I would be cool with it, but at the same time I am not sure if I would want to see my Dad dressed. I know, this makes me a total walking hypocrisy, considering I dream of the same kind of acceptance from my wife. She and I can accept the conecpt of a family member dressing, but don't want to see them dressed. I know, I should be more open-minded.

Maybe if I had grown up with a family member doing this from day one it would not be weird...which makes me wonder a lot about 'when is it the right time (my wife might wonder 'ever') to talk with my own kids about it, rather than hide it and then it be a disturbing shock for them one day.

Hot Blooded Space People
    a compelling possibility, even if the real answer isn't really knowable right now. I think the fact that we come to cross dress without ever being taught how says a lot. On top of getting the urge completely on our own, it's an urge that is discouraged, so it's tempting to think that there is something natural that demands recognition in spite of how we're socialized.