Thread: 25 - the CD Version

25 - the CD Version

The following takes place between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. the following evening...

8:30 p.m. - I Violated One of My Rules And Got Caught

We invited a GG friend out to dinner for her Birthday. She picked a very nice restaurant in Corona Del Mar, CA. Four of us, my spouse and I, the Birthday Girl, and a male friend of ours went.

I wore a long summer dress and stiletto pumps.

We had a wonderful dinner, and, afterwards, the Birthday Girl and I headed for the ladies' room. It was unoccupied except for us and there were two stalls. We'd been chatting and laughing when we walked in and we naturally continued to do so.

As we were taking care of our business, two other women apparently walked in, also chatting.

Now I have a rule: Never talk where you can't be seen. I quite easily pass in conversations with people, but that's when they can see me first and peg me as a woman. Then they just figure I'm a woman with a somewhat deeper voice or maybe a sore throat and I never have a problem.

But the voice alone, on the phone, or wafting from under the restroom stall door, can be a problem.

The door had opened silently and they had come in before I knew it and they were talking and laughing too, and it would have been very odd and very noticable if we'd quit talking, so I figured it wouldn't be an issue, but it was.

Suddenly, one of them sharply said, "Is there a man in here?"

Neither I nor my friend really responded well, although I did manage to get out the word "No."

They apparently decided there was enough suspicion to retreat and they left the restroom.

We finished our business, continuing to chat, washed our hands, checked our hair, and touched up and left the room.

It was late and there were very few remaining tables of people. One with several women was in the same area as ours and I suspect it was two women from that table, but they paid no particular attention to us as they walked by our table on their way out.

1 p.m. the following day - Good Friends Are Amazing

I had to attend the funeral of a good friend's mother.

I was wearing a black pleated skirt, a black shell, and a green chiffon overblouse.

[SIZE="1"](Photo by Eryn on a previous occasion)[/SIZE]

I arrived at about 12:30, about half an hour early, and the chapel was already packed. There were what appeared to be a few seats scattered in the last two rows and there were lots of people still trying to come in the door.

My friend Arlene (a gg who, along with her husband, have been good friends of my boyself) was in the very far corner of the very back row. I asked the ladies near the empty seats if they were taken and they said that yes, they were.

So I started to turn towards the other side of the chapel where there appeared to be a few open seats.

Suddenly I heard "Barbara!" (my real girl name) being shouted out. It was Arlene.

When I turned back, she said, "I have a seat for you! Right here!" and gestured to the seat in front of her.

I slid into the row and we greated each other as the old friends that we are and she and I and the woman next to her chatted until the service was about to start.

Of all the things in life, good family and friends are the most important.

3 p.m. - A Surprise Meeting

The graveside service was ending and I was walking back to my car when a man motioned me over.

He said, "I'm -----," a male name.

When I didn't seem to react, other than by introducing myself as well, he quietly said "from the crossdressers forum."

When he'd first said his name I'd pretty much realized that it was someone that I'd met and PM'ed with on here, an individual who doesn't post too frequently, and who's screen name is a feminine spelling of a generally male name. But maybe it was someone else?

(I'm using male gender pronouns because he was en drab at the time and it seems more appropriate to tell the story that way).

Nope! This was the real person!

My first thought was, am I so obvious??? And I said, "Oh! Sorry you could tell! What gave me away?"

He smiled and said, "You do post a lot of pictures."

It seems that he and his wife had been sitting in the row behind me. We chatted for a couple of moments, clearly not an ideal setting for such a conversation, but now we're in touch by PM and he wrote, "I didn't notice anything that would tip me off that you were not a GG."

We may be able to meet under more comfortable circumstances.

4 p.m. - Shoe Shopping

After the funeral I stopped for a quick lunch at a Taco Bell and then headed for the shopping mall where my spouse and some gg friends had gone to a movie, since I knew that it would be letting out soon.

As I pulled into the parking lot I saw big "Clearance" banners on the DSW, so I just had to check it out. Nope, as usual for me at DSW, I didn't find anything that appealed to me.

Met my spouse and friends as they came out of the theater, but contrary to my expectations, they had decided to forego the usual after-theater frozen yogurt as they all had different errands to run.

So my spouse headed to her errands and I headed for the nearby Off Broadway Shoe store as I really did still need a new pair of black sandals.

I alway have better luck at Off-Broadway and I did this time too, scoring the needed pair on sale for $15 and change!

A quick stop at Fry's for some items and then home.

9:30 p.m. - Who Wears Short Shorts?

That same evening, after dinner, my spouse and I (en drab) stopped off at the post office to mail a letter. As I headed for the mailboxes, a person wearing blue denim short shorts, blue wedge sandals, a snug male t-shirt and a blonde goatee headed from the post office into the next-door food store.

The perfect ending to an interesting 25 hours!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 06-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    Well, aren't you just the cutest thing!

Stephie

It still feels strange to me to hear people chatting while using the restroom. With my voice I'll just keep my mouth shut!

I love those shoes! Did they have that style in an 11?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    An interesting 25 hours indeed! You certainly packed it full of wonderful experiences!

Love the shoes, and am lamenting the closing of the DSW near me. So much for my little lunch break trips!

Kathi

And the Oscar goes too....

Thanks ladies! The shoes are quite comfortable. They might have an 11, Eryn, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you know where the Off Broadway store is!

I forgot to mention one of my other "rules" -- Don't wear stilettos to lawn parties or graveside funerals!

You'd be surprised how many GGs I noticed who were teetering and trying to keep their spikes out of the dirt. You'd think they would have known that one!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Beautiful story! Beautiful lady! Fantastic 25! Thanks for sharing!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sounds like you had a great time, and I enjoyed the homage to one of my favourite TV shows. I was waiting for a "DAMNIT!" all the way through as a further reference, although I suppose that isn't very lady-like. Maybe you could have a feminine equivalent on your adventures - something like "Oh, drat!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    You'd be surprised how many GGs I noticed who were teetering and trying to keep their spikes out of the dirt. You'd think they would have known that one!
    Funny! I watched a Dolly Parton movie a few days ago where she played the host of a radio call-in advice show. One of the callers said that she was TS, going to have "the change" and asked if Dolly's had any advice. Dolly, in character, said " Ummm...don't try to perm your own hair and....don't wear high heels on a soggy lawn!"
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Barton View Post
    Sounds like you had a great time, and I enjoyed the homage to one of my favourite TV shows.
    My spouse and I love the show! But we're a bit behind, currently in Season Seven. As a matter of fact, we're going to watch an episode or two in a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Funny! I watched a Dolly Parton movie a few days ago where she played the hose of a radio call-in advice show. One of the callers said that she was TS, going to have "the change" and asked if Dolly's had any advice. Dolly, in character, said " Ummm...don't try to perm your own hair and....don't wear high heels on a soggy lawn!"
    Cute! I love Dolly! Do you recall the name of that movie? The reference doesn't immediately come to mind and I'd like to see it if I haven't already.

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Cute! I love Dolly! Do you recall the name of that movie? The reference doesn't immediately come to mind and I'd like to see it if I haven't already.
    The title is Straight Talk. Not one of her smash hits, but it is a cute movie. We got it on one of those "3 movies for $5" DVDs. The scene mentioned was a cut-away halfway through the ending credits!
    Eryn

Platinum Member
    A thoroughly interesting day, indeed! Love the dress btw!