Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 things you didn’t know about MtF crossdressers

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Very nice post. well thought out. I would say i agree with most of it.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    9) Society is KEEPING us in the closet. Because we are dangerous. Well, how else would you explain it? We’re forced to dress BCD. If little Johnny catches a glimpse of neighbor Freddy, and suddenly realizes he can tap into his dormant effeminacy and wear girl’s clothes, doesn’t this threaten the house of cards that society is based upon, at least in gender terms? The reality is that little Johnny can still be masculine and heterosexual, have a family and do all those things that “normal” boys do, but, at the same time, stay in close touch with feelings others will never understand. He is no threat to society, but he must remain in the closet for the “good” of society. I honestly think that MtF crossdressers represent the last vestige of unchained sensibilities, and this, rather than sexuality, is what worries the purveyors of “decency.” Someone out there is having unsolicited “fun,” and THAT just won’t do!
    No..... closeted cross dressers are keeping themselves in the closet. Society put you there... but you can decide to hide, or you can show the world that you are out there.

Acceptance will never happen without exposure.

Platinum Member

You Are A great Word Smith!!!

Hi Freddi, Happy Birthday & Congrats on #2000.

As always another fantastic thread .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Happy Birthday Frédérique, I really love your 2000 'th post.

Verry thought provoking post. I agree with most of it, but I do share Bree's thoughts on point #9. Society may have forced us into the closet, and it can make a compelling case to stay there. However, it is still our choice wether or not to throw open the door and reveal our true selves, or stay hidden, alone and depressed. I am also seeing as I slowly begin to push against the door that there arent as many people puching back as I thought there were. And as the real me slowly becomes visible through the opening, I can hear the voices of my true friends cheering me on. Society has changed a great deal, and sometimes I feel I am not giving enough credit to the people in my life. I am slowly realizing that the room outside are full of lots of different people, and they dont all share the views of the ones loud enough to be herd on the other side of the door. Just because the opposition recieves the the majority of exposure does not mean that it composes the majority of our society. Just because they are the loudest, doesnot mean that everybody else agrees with them. I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but this is something that I am trying to change in my own views of the society I live in. We are always aware of negative coments, and dirty looks, but how aware are we of those that just dont care what we are wearing, those who respect our decisions? How often do we transpose the worst experiences we have had with people and generalize that all people are like that? How is saying that our society is full of uncompromising, uptight, religous nut jobs any different than someone else saying that all CDers are gay? Steriotypes are steriotypes, regardless of who is applying them. I will admit that there is still a need for much change, but I also want to give credit where credit is due. I apologise for another long rant, but I feel that sometimes our own perception of the world is clouded by our worst experiences. I am just trying to see the world I live in as it truely is, so it can see me as I truely am.

Sorry for the rant.

and Happy Birthday, dont let this young idealistic, philosophical jabberjaw pop any of your baloons.
    Last edited by Xrys; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: forgot something important at the end

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrys View Post
    Verry thought provoking post. I agree with most of it, but I do share Bree's thoughts on point #9. Society may have forced us into the closet, and it can make a compelling case to stay there. However, it is still our choice wether or not to throw open the door and reveal our true selves, or stay hidden, alone and depressed. I am also seeing as I slowly begin to push against the door that there arent as many people puching back as I thought there were. And as the real me slowly becomes visible through the opening, I can hear the voices of my true friends cheering me on. Society has changed a great deal, and sometimes I feel I am not giving enough credit to the people in my life. I am slowly realizing that the room outside are full of lots of different people, and they dont all share the views of the ones loud enough to be herd on the other side of the door. Just because the opposition recieves the the majority of exposure does not mean that it composes the majority of our society. Just because they are the loudest, doesnot mean that everybody else agrees with them. I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but this is something that I am trying to change in my own views of the society I live in. We are always aware of negative coments, and dirty looks, but how aware are we of those that just dont care what we are wearing, those who respect our decisions? How often do we transpose the worst experiences we have had with people and generalize that all people are like that? How is saying that our society is full of uncompromising, uptight, religous nut jobs any different than someone else saying that all CDers are gay? Steriotypes are steriotypes, regardless of who is applying them. I will admit that there is still a need for much change, but I also want to give credit where credit is due. I apologise for another long rant, but I feel that sometimes our own perception of the world is clouded by our worst experiences. I am just trying to see the world I live in as it truely is, so it can see me as I truely am.

Sorry for the rant
    No apologies needed... if you (people who are misunderstood) don't break the stereotypes, who will?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREDDY !!!
    Here is hoping one day we might see this on TV, Thank You for putting on the page what I feel.
    Love You, Huggs

Girl you always amaze me! This time being no exception! Your 10 is so true! I rate it a 10! I feel obliged to add, happy 2,000th! Er I mean congraduations on the 2000! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thanks Frédérique!
    All is true.
    Happy Birthday!

Happy (belated) birthday, your post made my day! You captured a few things that I totally relate to, especially points 3, 4, 8 and 9. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your thoughts!

Happy Birthday Frederique. #4 was the one that shocked me "4) There is no handbook"........................... We need to write one.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Happy Birthday Frederique. I love your post, You hit the nail on the head ther girl. I guess we are all Bozo's on this bus. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Happy belated Frederique...I haven't been on this forum long, but I've taken the opportunity to read a lot of you past posts. I like the voice with which you write and I respect the thought you put into it.

Plus, your a midwestern girl who listens to Ultravox...that gets massive cool points

First Happy Birthday! Second, after just a few days being part of the forum I am awestruck at the support given between all the members. It is so comforting reading post describing and helping me define the part of me that has been hidden for as long as I remember. Thank you for your personal incite.

Happy Birthday Frederique and I like the name wordsmith.
    You are as good at it as "The Thinker."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

First of all: Happy Birthday! Second, I've been really touched by the depth of your insight and ability to put in words what so many of us are unable or unwilling to do. The insight and elegance of writting style that you use is a real delight to read and I say "Thank You" for sharing. Also, as a quiet girl hailing from the midwest (KCMO) it makes it all the more endearing to know you. Friend request on the way!
    Everyone should feel overwhelmingly sexy now-and-then.

First...congrats on 2000 posts and it's a great one! And a Happy Birthday too! Sending the link of the post to my semi-separated wife And soon I'll be at that 2000 post mark....can't wait lol.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Freddy. I too have achived something today, I've managed to read one of your post all the way through. I normaly cheat and skip paragraphs here and there. This one is so good had to read every last word. Have a realy good birthday and keep posting.

Catastro-fem
    Happy Birthday, and of course, many more. 2000 posts! Wow!
    I'll do good to get to 200... eventually.
    Loved the 10 thoughts, and count me as another with #4 being the favorite.
    I am Erica 2
    I am Erica2

Happy belated Birthday!! Hope it was grand!

Great post. Keep'em coming

Erin
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Happy birthday Frederique!

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    4) There is no handbook. We make it all up as we go along, by trial and error. Yeah, I’m a self-taught tranny, and proud (well, happy) about it. One deviant thing leads to another, and I am now like the High Priestess of Perversion. I never thought it would get this far, but, much like Alice, I just have to know what’s behind that next door! When I started, I never thought I would “graduate” to full-fledged transvestite, complete with wig, makeup, and adornments of all sorts, but I did, causing ME to undergo a transformation that was neither shocking nor unwelcome. I hadn’t seen the real me before, and there she was, reflecting back at me in the mirror. I smiled, and I kept going, in fact I’m still pushing forward, seeing just how much I can get away with. This is FUN...
    Technically...there is a "transvestite subculture" (as the medical establishment has referred to it in their literature), and has been for over 50 years, and manuals, guides, advice etc. in printed form have existed as long, not to mention trans support groups. So in many ways there is a guide to what one might want to pursue (going out dressed, passing etc.) as well as encouragement to do so (at least to some extent, depending on the time period.) So one could argue, if one is looking for a guide or handbook, it has existed (if one knew where to look) and exists today (the internet.)

Very good post, Freddy. A lot to think about there. One thing that strikes me so clearly about you is that you know who you are and you're comfortable with yourself. Two things I'd like to achieve myself.

By the way, you might want to add an eleventh point: TG people never agree with each other on anything--although some people might disagree with that.

Best wishes always, Annabelle
    Last edited by Foxglove; 06-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    You sure hit close to home for most of us. Thanks for a great post.

Happy Birthday Freddy. A thought provoking post, and I relate best to number 4 - how true. Hugs, Natasha

I honestly didn't know anything about 'em until someone told me that's what I was. I thought I was just an old soul in hiding. Oh well, you learn something every day I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning