Thread: The Art of Femine Sneezing

The Art of Femine Sneezing

Just for fun, since it's allergy season, I tried to sneeze like a lady this week, but with little success. Has anyone mastered the little "snick" sneeze that women seem to do rather than the big honking guy sneeze? Maybe it takes a lifetime of practice, but even my daughter from a young age seemed to nail it.

Just curious.

Silver Member
    lol... I didn't think that's something that took practice... you just try to hold it in kinda when you sneeze instead of blowing your horn all over the place. Just try and be discrete instead of OMG I'M SNEEZING!

My boyfriend even laughs at me sometimes the way I quickly fan my face when I sneeze sometimes when it's super itchy cuz he thinks it's cute and funny

Gold Member
    I kind of try but mostly I just sneeze.

I know this is a bit off but how come when you fart and sneeze at the same time, the fart is always one of those sharp painful ones that feels like sandpaper is coming out? Why did the Almighty creator design us this way? I bet he thinks he is funny.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I kind of try but mostly I just sneeze.

I know this is a bit off but how come when you fart and sneeze at the same time, the fart is always one of those sharp painful ones that feels like sandpaper is coming out? Why did the Almighty creator design us this way? I bet he thinks he is funny.
    Hrmm... have not experience this myself... do tell more j/k lol

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Hrmm... have not experience this myself... do tell more j/k lol
    OH gyod, what a crock!
    Next you are gonna tell us that you never "walked like an Egyptian" back around the mid 80's.

"Do tell more". Oh well aren't we just the funny lady this night?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    OH gyod, what a crock!
    Next you are gonna tell us that you never "walked like an Egyptian" back around the mid 80's.

"Do tell more". Oh well aren't we just the funny lady this night?
    I'm ALWAYS the funny lady!

I was 6 when the 80's ended... lol

Seriously, never farted when I sneezed. I've farted when in a laughing fit though. I'm just being honest, not trying to pretend that I'm not gross just like every other human being

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    I'm ALWAYS the funny lady!

I was 6 when the 80's ended... lol

Seriously, never farted when I sneezed. I've farted when in a laughing fit though. I'm just being honest, not trying to pretend that I'm not gross just like every other human being
    Thank you for reminding me in one efficient little post that I sneeze like a lout, apparently have worn out seals because I have sneezed and farted at the same time (no sand paper involved, though), and that I am old.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

As said, thanks for reminding me of me age...is it bad that I "walked like an Egyptian" and I had a huge crush on Belinda. Cant say I ever farted to them though. K

Honest, I have a petite little ladylike sneeze. I've intentionally worked on it over the years. Sweet, sophisticated, and very feminine. Of course it all has to go somewhere, so I've noticed that my ankles swell when I sneeze, but I figure that happens to most women.

But Lord help you when I blow my nose! Ships in the L.A. harbor, many miles away, have changed course when I've blown my nose. And I still can't get a feminine cough or throat clearing under control.

BTW, my spouse, a delicate little creature, has a sneeze that has been known to puncture eardrums, shatter crystal goblets, knock down walls, and make babies start to scream.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I never knew there was an "art" to it. Not all girls have "cute" sneezes. But the ones who do, those just sound weird to me like it took way too much effort to do.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

A close gg friend of my has that cute, held in, sneeze, but otherwize she is very much a tomboy in her 50's. I always heard that it wasn't healthy to hold a sneeze in, that suppressing it in that way could damage something?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Sneezes are supposed to expel so the cute sneeze really does nothing. I've found that the easiest way to downsize my sneeze is to expel all the air in my lungs as I feel the sneeze coming on. Then, when I sneeze, there is really no more air left to blow out. It feels very unsatisfying but it does quiet things way down.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Sneezes are supposed to expel so the cute sneeze really does nothing. I've found that the easiest way to downsize my sneeze is to expel all the air in my lungs as I feel the sneeze coming on. Then, when I sneeze, there is really no more air left to blow out. It feels very unsatisfying but it does quiet things way down.
    Great suggestion, Sally!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

First of all get a good sneezy cold and lots of tissues.
    I am sure that there is an instructional cd out there to help you.
    What about the net?
    Maybe I can sell you a cd for $50.00. Has nothing to do with sneezing tho'.

Here's another....
    Try sneezing with your eyes open.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 06-10-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lol wait till you get to the age when you sneeze and tinkle a little at the same time
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I never knew there was an art to sneezing. I need to watch out for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    I never knew there was an art to sneezing.
    There's got to be a book out on it. If so, I'll buy it. Definitely something I need to work on. Along with figuring out how to blow my nose without smearing my make-up. This is a serious concern: I've always been a world-champion sneezer, nose-blower and belcher. (This last one I'm getting under control.) I could have done the triathlon. For some of us itt ain't easy being lady-like.

Annabelle

Good gosh, now I have to sneeze a certain way? Honestly, who stays up all night thinking of this stuff?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Good gosh, now I have to sneeze a certain way? Honestly, who stays up all night thinking of this stuff?
    I've spent a lot of time observing women and their mannerisms and it's amazing how many little, almost unconscious differences there are.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have the loudest regular sneeze of anyone I know. Not enough to shatter goblets (wrong frequency for that!) but quite enough to hear down the hall. Louder than I can yell, even!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Those of us who normally sneeze so violently that it would literally flip our wigs. Tell the truth now, Kate: is that the way you would want to out yourself?

Annabelle

God, I'm glad someone thought about this... Never would have crossed my mind until I let one rip like thunder of the gods. Seriously, I roar when I sneeze. I've scared people. I've awakened people from naps on the far side of a room. It's... unladylike.

And we haven't even mentioned snoring yet. That's going to be a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    Those of us who normally sneeze so violently that it would literally flip our wigs. Tell the truth now, Kate: is that the way you would want to out yourself?

Annabelle
    I suppose not Hon but my body may beg to differ. Besides the fact that I'm pretty much "out" anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning