Thread: Free hair removal

Free hair removal

Here's a recent advert in kijiji. I had this passing thought that it would be cool to do it, then I remembered my wife would either kill me or laugh so hard it would hurt ... Would you do it?

WHEN: Thursday, JUNE 14 from 10-2:30pm
    WHAT: Completely free hair removal for your ENTIRE BODY offered to male or female with at least 3 weeks growth on all body hair.
    WHY: You will be my model during this course.

*Volunteer must be aware that I will be sugaring (an organic sugar paste, verses wax) their body: face (upper lip, chin, eyebrows), armpits, chest/back (if male), bikini, brazilian, arms, legs, toes.
    *Must be available entirely during this time, be aware that you must be comfortable with all these procedures.

Thank you so much and I look forward to responses.
    Chickie

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It sounds good in theory, but the whole having 3 weeks of body hair growth would be too much for me to handle. I can barely tolerate going 1 day without shaving, I would hate to think of the effect of going 3 weeks.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I would be scared to death to be the guninea pig for someone to learn on. I'm pretty hairy and quite certain it would take longer than four hours to remove my fur coat. And as for the brazillian, I don't think sugaring would be a good idea there. I go to a pro that uses the hard wax for that. Anything that would stick to the skin (Like sugaring) could cause skin to come off with it. I would think twice about this. It sounds too good to be true, probably is.

I would be more than happy to let them learn on my legs, chest or arms. No where else though. Certainly not on my face either...
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Three weeks growth of beard to be removed by sugaring? ouch
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Celeste -- That was my first thought! Not on my "beard" thank you! I once tried nair on my face... Let us just agree it didn't work as expected. Hair removal for the rest of the body is different than facial hair on that Guy who shares my body...

The sheep that we used in ag class in high school probably thought the same thing... "Free shearing"... Little did they know that one of the students would just about kill one of the sheep! Lol.

That said... Go for it and take lots of photos.. To show the ER staff what really happened!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't think I could pass it up! Proberly be a few ouches and other choice words but FREE is the key! Whatever! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Silver Member
    The way I read the ad, the person advertising the free hair removal could be the instructor (I would assume/hope a qualified professional) of the course, and needs someone to demonstrate sugaring on. Even if it is a student, it would normally be done under their instructor's supervision so I wouldn't worry too much either way.

Needless to say, that is a big no no on a male beard! I hope the part about sugaring the face was intended for women only (repeatedly ripping a woman's facial hair out long term isn't a good idea either, albeit it does not come with the risk of injury a man's facial hair might.)

Pass, thank you. " ...during this course...." Not with my body you won't!!
    I'll continue to put the sugar in my coffee and if I spill a little on me, I'll just wash it off thank you .

Sounds like it is an instructor and of course if they are going to give regular demonstrations they will have to have a fair number of models to work on. I very much doubt that they will be doing anything with beards (ouch!) and the chance of their doing a full Brazilian on a male is rather low. Women get their upper lips waxed routinely, but their facial hair is nothing like male facial hair.

Sugaring is functionally the same as waxing, you grab the hair with something sticky and extract it en masse. I used it on myself the first time I removed body hair and it worked very well, even for a neophyte without any instruction beyond the Internet. It's not rocket science!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Ahhhhh...nope. As Jocelyn said, letting things go for 3 weeks is not an option, even if it didn't sound potentially rather painful.

Silver Member
    Go for it. Best offer you will get for free and you are helping a student learn. I'm sure there are others here that would also volunteer.

I would say if you are available I would go for it. Sugering is less painful than wax and it works the same way and it will usually grow back...maybe...sorta
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ...Sugering is less painful than wax
    I've heard this from other sources too, but I've never heard of an explanation of why this is. Could you enlighten us?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    nope couldn't go that long between hair removal. I love my epil now every three weeks in between shaving for clean up once a week. There weeks of hair would be too much for me. That could cause withdrawls, I'd need a sponser to help me get thru it

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Dear God, tell me this free offer is for masochists only ....and do they use water boarding for pleasure as well?

I'll stick to hair shirts and flagellation if you don't mind.
    Oh and the odd razor / epilation session.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

My experience is that free is generally worth the cost - you get nothing for nothing. Except in this case maybe lots of pain.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I've heard this from other sources too, but I've never heard of an explanation of why this is. Could you enlighten us?
    From the great god Wiki:
    Sugaring can be less painful than waxing, because the substrate sticks to the hair without attaching to the skin, may be applied at room temperature or heated to a lukewarm temperature, preventing burning. Nevertheless, there is some risk of skin irritation, sensitivity, and reaction.

Three weeks may be for female only as their body hair is much slower to grow.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

I don't think I would make 2 weeks let alone 3. I would loose my mind. I epalate my body now so I don't think the pain would be much of an issue.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Reminds me of the scene in the 40 yr old virgin with Steve Correl hilarious
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo