Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Camera NEVER lies......or does it?

The Camera NEVER lies......or does it?

I, like many others here, keep a photo record of my time en-femme.

It's not about vanity, merely curiosity at what my cross-dressing peers might think about how I look or comment on what I'm wearing?

I do not concern myself with such things in my male role, as I feel a much stronger connection to my female self (although I was born male and I will die male), and my time en-femme, is always special to me.

On the subject of photographing oneself whilst in female mode; I sometimes have to sit back and say to myself 'is that REALLY me?'

Do I really see myself in the same way as others do on this site, or are we just ALL very polite people?

To be totally honest, I think I look much better as a woman, than I do as man......but then I would

Are we truly subjective to ourselves or is it just a wonderful illusion!

I'm not usually concerned with the appearance part myself Hon. If it works, it works. If not, I figure someone will let me know. Basically I just go about my business when en femme and things usually seem to flow pretty well. How I function as a feminine person is my main concern.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sally honey I wish I looked as good as you. I did once when I was younger. I could wear short skirts and look fantastic! Now! Not so much! I would love to look like you and I don't think you have a thing to worry about!!!! Loves Ronda!

Quote Originally Posted by SallyS View Post

Are we truly subjective to ourselves or is it just a wonderful illusion!
    I think it is a little of both. When I dress up and take pictures, I might take literally 100 pictures with a digital camera, and save only 6 or 7. I could show you two pictures from the same shoot: One that looks just like a woman and one that looks like an old man, depending on the lighting, angles, etc. We all want to be passable but I think most of us, in reality, are not.
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

I think I take photos to convince myself I still look as good as when I was younger.
    Nope! Doesn't work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My camera has always lied..... Or the people who compliment me on the photos it takes lie. Or both! Lol. In my mind I don't look like that..... I see the wrinkles... And lines. And skin defects. Getting old sucks!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, I don't know how you look otherwise, but your avatar pic looks great, Sally.

You remind me of an odd phenom I've experienced. You would think the mirror would give you the best idea of how you look, but I find photos are much better at delivering the cruel truth. I suppose because we look at ourselves in the mirror so often, it's easy to overlook certain details about oneself. But when I look at a photo of myself I a very different person, really. I suppose it's easier to compare a photo of yourself to those of others. If you really want to fine tune your look, just take a few pics.

~ Lyric ~

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    The camera never lies ... i ssen loadsa pics and i can say you girls look good .... )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

No, the camera never lies. But it takes some powerful photo editing software to make it reveal the truth.

In my case, they say the camera adds 5 pounds, which means I have about 732 cameras aimed at me when a picture is taken...

-- Melissa

I do want to say that SallyS looks amazing in her avatar picture though. Wish I looked half as good, I might actually post a picture sometime.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyS View Post
    I, like many others here, keep a photo record of my time en-femme.

I do not concern myself with such things in my male role, as I feel a much stronger connection to my female self (although I was born male and I will die male), and my time en-femme, is always special to me.

or is it just a wonderful illusion!
    My Dear Sally

I agree wholeheartedly with you, I also keep some pictures ( 2 or 3 ) out of a million, and my time in femme and those pictures are special too me and those pictures I sometimes share on this site. For me it's a time of wonderous euphoria. Its no illusion too me.

Love it

Thera

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Of course my camera lies! I've noticed that in about one shot in thirty, my camera seems to capture something that almost looks good and passable and feminine.

Of course, I then compound that lie by posting that picture, therefore I lie.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we hit that shutter release button!

Kathi

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    My camera lied alot last Thankgiving, it made me look like I gained 30 lbs after dinner. I was down to 172 lbs and it made me look like I weighed 192 lbs. I just put those pics away in the yuk file on the computer.

Banned Read only
    I haven't taken pictures of myself en femme since the late 1970's. I'm sure I looked better then than now. I know from looking at pictures of myself en homme the mirror is a better friend than pictures. I should get a separate memory chip for our digital camera and keep a visual record of my dresses and slips. If I ever can figure out how to upload pictures without leaving a trace on the family computer, I would post some pictures. I would also start selling on eBay. We old ladies sometimes are not as computer literate as our grandchildren.

I am my worst critic. I usually hate something about me, the make up , the clothes my attitude whatever. The camera lies usually to make me feel better but recently we had a falling out. Now it makes me look round and frumpy. I think I will get a new camera one that subtracts 10 pounds.

Actually the person running the camera makes all the difference. The timer is NOT my friend. The man who poses me knows his job.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The camera has no emotions and the lens sees all in it's field of view. The reading of the image is up to the viewer and what their mind sees or wants to see. The photographer can control the depth of field, amount of light to be exposed and subject position to try and control the feeling of the image, but it still becomes a subjective decision of the viewer. I have often taken images of myself and ended up with images that were not at all like I thought they would be.

I believe that we see ourselves dressed and notice the difference from what we started with and are pleased with the results. However, we do have those moments of clarity and then see that we may be far from what we normally see. It is a type of self acceptance where the final look only has to be almost good enough and then we are on our way out the door. I know that I sometimes scare myself when I get home and just before removing the makeup take a tired but real look at myself in the mirror and just think I really do not look as good as I thought. Fortunately, those moments of honesty are not too common, thus I can retain my sanity and mental good looks so that I can go out again as soon as the next opportunity and/or reasons pops up.

As a former photo professional, I can assure you the camera never lies (which is why they invented wrinkle removing software -- high recommended!). Seriously, we all see what we want to see. If we have a good self-image we over-look our flaws. If we are overly critical we see every wart. The same is true of people who view us. Regardless of our innate beauty -- which you radiate in huge amounts Sally -- haters will always find reasons to hate. This is why we must collect our friends and hold them close.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    If I ever can figure out how to upload pictures without leaving a trace on the family computer, I would post some pictures. I would also start selling on eBay. We old ladies sometimes are not as computer literate as our grandchildren.
    Hi Stephanie,

Ask and thou shalt receive.

Linux on a USB stick or on a DVD. Disc version is very easy to do and just loads straight up from the disc with nothing showing on the computer's normal operating system of your activity. I work in IT and would recommend this to you.
    There are other systems out there but this link gives all the info you need in one place. Happy shopping, posting and a lovely way to stay anonymous.

http://www.gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/t...e-tails-820868

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Sally,

Sorry for posting my info to Stephanie in your thread.

Anyway,back to your thread ......CHRIST!, pardon the blasphemy, if your camera is lying, which bl**dy model are you using?
    I want one!

If you've got problems Miss Femme 2012, then there's no hope for some of us.

Yes, we do tend to post our best shots but is trying to show ourselves in the best light such a crime? Lock me up....guilty as charged!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I agree with most posts here. I also take hundreds and only show a few. I have loads in which I look terrible - some I have deleted, others I have kept to 'keep me real'!

The shots of me where I think I look okay I post for some sort of validation I guess. After all, many of us are trying to create an illusion of being 'femme'. Sally the pics I have seen of you look fabulous and you do look great - a role model in many ways, and these pics and those of others help me get better at my 'illusion'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though! So when looking at me I am easily fooled when I want to be!

In real life I have more wrinkles and bumps than are picked up by the camera. Make up helps a lot, but as Karen has pointed out, getting old is no joke!

So, I like the lies my camera tells... it makes me feel good... and as for the crap photos... 'delete'!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Follow your dream.
    My camera lies all the time. I'd say out of 100 shots, 50 are downright ugly with another 40 bordering on scary. Maybe 9 look ok (meaning nobody will call 911). And then magically, one shot looks good!

I always wonder why the camera made 99 mistakes just to take one decent picture.
    ;-)

Im thinking along the same lines as Sally. I also take many photos but screen those that are not clear. In my case at the moment Im trying to refine my femme side before I exit into the world as Dawn. Apart from this site I have little in the way of support I can call on. I figure if I can at least convince myself tithe image on photo I would be just that much closer android confident when I do leap! I gasp sometimes at the deference of two pics taken moments apart.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    oh boy.... ....I enjoy taking pictures of myself when dressed and out and about...it`s sorta evolved into a side hobby,experimenting with angles,lighting,poses,,,alot wind up on the cutting room floor ,but some I`m really happy with...can`t believe that`s me,,,and I like to share them with all my friends here,,,like a photo history .........and then,one day,in band camp,
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]