Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You saved 98% (a new personal best)/ We've Still Got A Long Way To Go, Baby

Hey Sara... some nice purchases there! It is always interesting when stores are trying to clear stock...! I am also very impressed with your approach to shopping! Awesome!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Nice bargains, girl!!

It's true. We do have a ways to go. Thank you, Sara, for moving us a bit closer. If we can each affect one person at a time and give them a positive view of us, what a world this could be in a few years!

Kathi
    That would probably add at least 10 more people to the acceptance list. sorry, couldn't resist. I just looked at an article in the TIMES talking about intergrating a school ONE pupil at a time. The Enterprise will be returning from deeeeeeeepppppp space before the process is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Hey Sara... some nice purchases there! It is always interesting when stores are trying to clear stock...! I am also very impressed with your approach to shopping! Awesome!
    Actually the stores are owned by Bain Capital (or is that ol?) and M ITT ROMNEY and he's clearing out his stuff before he gets elected.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-18-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please edit your prior post for added thoughts if no one has posted after you.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    They're all very nice! I love the black dress!
    Thank you Reine!!!

The pictures of hanging clothing really cannot convey how they look while wearing. Hopefully each one will find it's way into a picture thread as time goes by. The black dress is definitely going to Vegas next spring and MIGHT also be worn at Christmastime. The tweed skirt is all about fall & winter. And I need to find something to wear with the camel skirt...just an excuse for more shopping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    That would probably add at least 10 more people to the acceptance list. sorry, couldn't resist. I just looked at an article in the TIMES talking about intergrating a school ONE pupil at a time. The Enterprise will be returning from deeeeeeeepppppp space before the process is complete.
    That is really the wrong attitude.

If we can impact one person at a time, in and of itself that is much better than doing nothing. But regardless, we also have a compounding effect, especially when that one person happens to be a SA. They might tell their friends and family about the really cool TG person they met the other day (heck, I dare to say we can become one of the more interesting things that can happen in the world of retail). Then there's the issue of those TG's who follow in our wake. If a singular encounter with a SA is perceived as being a good experience, then the next TG person to happen into the store is likely to be met with that much more of a positive and/or enthusiastic response.

I'm all for being the best ambassador that I can be for our community, even if it is only one person at a time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I'm all for being the best ambassador that I can be for our community, even if it is only one person at a time.
    And this is the way us average dressers can help. There aren't too many of us on the board changing masses of people at a time (I think there are a few). So if those who are willing change one at a time, we will make significant progress.

There, I hope I just changed the mind of one on this board.

Sounds like a marketing ploy. In your mind you saved money but your wallet or purse says otherwise. Sounds like an old joke where a wife would come home and tell you how much she saved. She never told you how much she spent to save that much. They all look lovely and if you enjoy them then i'm happy for you. Keep up the good work saving.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy4ever View Post
    Sounds like a marketing ploy. In your mind you saved money but your wallet or purse says otherwise. Sounds like an old joke where a wife would come home and tell you how much she saved. She never told you how much she spent to save that much.
    Yep, a marketing ploy it is.

Let's not advertise and mark a bunch of stuff down to ridiculously low prices so that we can take a huge loss. Then wait for the unsuspecting TG'er to walk through the door and then sell her 8 pieces for about $140, knowing darned well she is not likely to buy anything in our store at full price which means she will not become a profit-generating customer.

That must be it. I can't believe I failed to see it.

And just to clarify what's in my mind, I enjoy style. I don't buy clothes for the heck of it. Anything I purchase has to be something that I will take on the road someday, hopefully making a stylistic statement in doing so. My purse may be $140 lighter and I'm thrilled with each and every find. Besides, I've spent more than that on one piece before.

It's not like I just bought a case of Twinkies on super-sale despite the fact I would never touch one in the first place.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

OMG! I love that black dress!

Update time!!!

Taking my pal Diana there tomorrow. It's all about her, hope she scores lots of great stuff !

Oh yeah, the part about me. I went by last week to ensure the super sale rack hadn't disappeared. Wouldn't want Diana to make a trip only to find it gone. It was still there and even restocked a bit. I saw this white dress that I told myself I would try on when I went back with her. The problem was that I got a bit obsessive and ended up going back a couple days later to try it on. Know what happened? It looked horrible on me. Way too short and it totally obliterated what little figure I'm able to conjure. But while I was in the dressing room, the SA came back with another new addition to the sale rack, a dress that she thought I should try on. Cha-ching, perfection!!! Even better news, this one was only $25 where the white dress was $99 (which I was prepared to spend). We shall see what happens tomorrow. I'll try to post a picture soon of the new $25 bargain.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 07-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Sara, would you be so kind as to tell me where the shop is, or it's name? I'm in Anaheim.

Hugs,
    Ann