Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Career Choice if/when Free?

Platinum Member
    If I were born a woman, I wonder what my reaction would be if I discovered my husband was a cross dresser?

I would hope after a hard day working as a waitress in a white blouse, black skirt, black stockings and four inch heels I would hope she would be willing to mix me a drink in his little French maid outfit!

I am afraid that I could not have done the job that I have just retired from after 42 years even though I loved the job totally it was deffinately a male job, so if i had been born female I would of hoped for a very glamorous job that I could wear wonderful girly clothes for
    Kathryn xx

I can say for certain that if I had been born female, I would not be doing the job I do now. I drive a septic truck. 'nuff said...lol
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    Would any of you have chosen a different career had you been born a woman?
    I'm sure I would have had a different career if I had been born female. My career was an extention of my hobbies when I was a child. If I had been a girl, I would almost certainly have had different hobbies.

Realistically, back when I was a child, most women didn't have careers, they got married, stayed home, and raised children. In my high school, girls who didn't take college prep courses were taught how to type and take dictation. (I guess that dates me, doesn't it.)
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Before my transition I sat on my @ss, filed my nails and barked orders....After transition I sit on my @ss, file my nails and bark orders.

Julia

I'm with you Amanda. Deffinetly in the fashion world I would be. I design and build furniture. Why not clothing. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Would have loved to been a female academic researcher or female science nerd.

Thankfully I'm aiming to be a freelance researcher, based at home, so who'll know if I'm doing my job in a dress or shirt & tie?

Most of my other jobs have been gender neutral IMHO, i.e. retail, manufacturing, social work etc.

[SIZE="3"]In the 1860's I would have been a saloon girl.....
    In our times I would have been a Hooters girl....

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

This is a good question i never really thought about it .I started in a factory the minute i got out of highschool got laid off went to another factory got laid off .Then i went back to school to try to something different but ended up back in a factory which is now closed .So for the last 4 years i have been bouncing from one low paying brutal job to another .Now for the whole point of my thread lol if i had been a girl i might of tried for something different and maybe had a better chance (not that women have it easier) but i know i would have tried harder to stay off the factory treadmill which has left me high and dry
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo