Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Laughed At going thru McDonalds Driveup tonight

Ha,,,Ha,,, What the hell are they laughing at they work at McDonalds ,,,,, Maybe had to laugh to keep from crying ,,,lol,,,, Just get my order up SCREWBALL ,, Before I put a McHeel in your McAss ,,,You McDigg ,,,, Yo,,,,,Yo,,,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

What else would you expect from a state where you aren't allowed to pump your own gas, are they just that stupid?

My first and only trip out en femme was to a fast food place last year. Was wearing outfit on profile page. Heard some laughter when I drove away but looked up and the staff were together away from the window apparently enjoying a joke and not laughing at me. It is funny how one negative can ruin things. Remember that you had been shopping the whole day without a problem so hang in there.
    Last edited by Laura912; 06-13-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I have to agree with the others here, unless you are a truely fantastic actress, you will get read, and you will get laughed at, especially by teenagers. The first time I seriously went out (as in a cross country drive) I stopped at a mall, just to see if I could handle it. About 10 seconds after I walked through the door a guy broke out in laughter after he saw me, I kept going. After I had walked most of the length of the mall, a group of teen boys started following me, all the way back to my car. They started to make rude comments, I told them to F*** off, got in and drove away. Yes, I was shaken, but it also made me stop and look at my presentation to see what I could improve. BTW, I also made other stops on that trip, including checking into a hotel, without a problem. I don't pass now, and I really didn't pass then, but I still go out, and still keep working on my "look". Just do two things, first, write it off to youth and stupidity, and second, look at it as a critical review of your skills, not very reassuring, but still important. Good luck and keep getting out there............Stephanie

Dee Dee
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Ha,,,Ha,,, What the hell are they laughing at they work at McDonalds ,,,,, Maybe had to laugh to keep from crying ,,,lol,,,, Just get my order up SCREWBALL ,, Before I put a McHeel in your McAss ,,,You McDigg ,,,, Yo,,,,,Yo,,,,,,,
    My thought exactly Stacy.......YOU'RE WORKING AT MCDONALDS AND YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME....DUUUUHHHH!!!

I wonder if this is how the trend got started of taking your 32 oz drink and flinging it back in the drive thru window?

Banned Read only
    In my area (Chesapeake, Va.) the employees at Chic Filea are well trained, polite and have manners. I'm sure they are interviewed and the trash and uneducated are sent on their way, it appears they found a job at McDonalds. Proof of this is at the drive-in if you don't check your bag to make sure they filled the order correctly and they haven't forgot to put everything in the bag i.e. coffee with no stir stick and cream and sugar. They have never heard or use the word thankyou and have to look at symbols/pictures on the cash register to even complete the order. In this area a lot of the teenagers and twenties dress like clowns, especially in the black race with their pants below their butt and holding them up with one hand, and they would snicker at us. Sorry you had to experience such low class air heads.

I always said it's the teens that are the cruelest out there. Older people may look but never comment or worse, laugh at you. Take comfort in knowing in a side by side walking contest in heels, they would look like they just got off a horse, IF they could walk in them at all, and you would look natural. I see so many teens try to walk in heels and they are so knock knee'd or bow legged or both, and can barely stand in them.

Things like this are going to happen when we go out dressed...it has happened to me,if it really made you very upset,I would go on-line and complain to the headquarters about it.....it will be addressed,companies like McDonalds do not want employees that disrespect their customers.....I called and complained awhile back about two plumbers that were laughing and pointing at me going down the freeway,and trying to take my picture.....the idiots have the name and phone # of the company they work for on the sides and back of the truck.....

Banned Read only
    I have a question for you. Are you going to whine about this or are you going to work to improve yourself until you won't be laughed at?
    If I was a CD this is what I would be doing.

Julia

Platinum Member
    Honestly, its going to happen, maybe more often than any of us realize. You happened to hear a few giggles, but there are also probably many more comments and laughs that you and I don't hear. No, its not fun...but this experience can only make us feel somewhat diminished if we allow it to.

I agree with Julia that part of our challenge is to work on our presentation, but still you need to grow confident not in your ability to pass or blend, but in yourself as a self respecting, self accepting person. Then it really doesn't matter what anyone else might think.

I had a bad experience at a local McD's years ago. It had nothing to do with CDing but the rudeness of the employee. I sent an email to corporate HQ and got a note of apology that noted all employees there would be required to go for re-training in customer service and a I got printable coupon for a free meal. If you complain, they will do something.

On the other hand, the first time I was mam'd was at a Micky D's drive through window.
    joank
    Southern California

Personally I don't go to any fast food places. Don't go back if you aren't treated well, anywhere.

In 2005, my third time out, it happened to me at a Mac drive up, in Kent Wash. My wig was a bit small, and didn[t cover my head well. I saw the employees laughing and looking out windows as i left. They are just teens, and i really don;t mind, too much. Another time, at a Wendys drive up, I dropped the change on the ground, and had to partially get out, to pick up the coins. The hispanic young man, was totaally cool. One thing we can do, when a drive up person giggles, or the rest of the crew is giggling, is, GIVE THEM A TIP! That will stun them!

Banned Read only
    At most McD's you are dealing with high school kids or uneducated youths who cannot get another job. Not all of them are insensitive. Many are courteous. I'm sure if you were a drop dead gorgeous natural woman with a low cut top with breasts falling out, there would have been a crowd of horny immature boys (and men) hanging out the drive through window looking for a peek! I guess it is one of the hazards of appearing en femme in a public setting. You cannot legislate acceptance.

Another reason to avoid a fast food drive through? No. However, read the back of the McD's tray liner. A girl looking to maintain her figure and health will not eat at McD's.

I commend you for feeling comfortable enough to go through the drive through. I'm an in home cross dresser because I dress to relieve stress. My outings en femme in a public setting with engagement with humans and sub humans has been at Halloween. Women seemed to be accepting and complimentary, while men seemed to be in the perpetual immature class.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I guess sometimes you just have to do it, but just realize that the professionalism of the food is reflected in the professionalism of the people hired to serve it. At McD's there is not even a thought given to professionalism. Sorry you had to experience this, but it is the hazard of being out and about, and we all need a little bit of skin thickener because the thickness of the meatheads of our society is ever increasing.

And it is a shame that one bad experience is the one that lingers on the mind more than the many good things that happen during your out time. Fugedaboudit, and try for the good thoughts.

Hugs, Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

When you go outside, the first thing to remember is that you are doing something a little unusual and you are trying to look like a person of the opposite gender (which will not be perfect)... so you will be 'read'. I would agrue, the mindset you need to have is 'it is obvious that I will be read, I can't believe some of the people do not always read me!...' That way, if someone laughs or reads you, you shrug and think, 'ya..okay, so tell me something that's new'... no big deal. On the otherhand, if someone 'passes' you, you will feel surprised and happy at the result.

Its all about setting your expectations correctly so that you won't be disappointed. Get out of the trap of negative thinking and you will feel better. On the positive side... you made some teenagers happy and added some excitement to their otherwise boring day. Thumbs up!
    Chickie

Silver Member
    Sounds like McDonalds isn't just bad for your health, but your self esteem too!

Maybe you should take a hint and never eat that nasty filth ever again! :P

Several years ago I got really sick after eating McNuggets, not long after I was pooping blood.
    A few months after that I was diagnosed with IBD.

Coincidence? Maybe.
    I wouldn't risk it again though.

Edit:
    If it makes you feel any better, at least you're not human scum who gets pleasure out of making other people miserable.

Anita, it's been my experience that people have odd reactions to situations they're not familiar with. You've got to admit there aren't many CDers who are out and about.

I'd like to share a story. The first time I met a CDer, years before I knew my SO, was at a woman's meeting that I attended on a weekly basis. She was there with her wife. Prior to meeting her, I just had a very sketchy idea in the back of my mind that "crossdressers" were out there somewhere, but very far away from my world, and they were mostly the drag queen variety that one often sees in gay pride parades.

Anyway, the first few times I went to the meeting my eyes kept wandering over to my friend's husband, not in a judgmental way (I was not a teenager), but it was my brain taking in a new category of people that I had not known before: males who need to present as women, and who do not make a parody of them. I knew nothing about the differences between TSs, CDs, TGs, & DQs then. After these first few meetings I got to know her and she became just that nice person who sits in that chair, that I enjoyed talking to. It wasn't about how she was presenting at all.

The lesson here is, if you begin to go to this MacDonalds on a regular basis and you interact with the people who work there, they will soon see YOU (your personality) shine through and they will learn there are genetic males who do present as women and who are also very nice and pleasant to deal with. I promise you that after a few times, they won't think there is anything worth gawking at.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Reine

Whenever we go out there is a possibility that we will not pass and receive rude comments or poor service. When we present ourselves at a drive up window staffed by teenagers that possibility is drastically increased. I have gone through fast food windows and although have never been treated badly I have been amazed that it takes a dozen kids to serve me a soda.
    I drove through the coffee stand on the corner of my street and after the girl did a double take when she saw me then smiled and "Hello beautiful!" She gained a customer for life.

There's a reason why they call them McJobs. The labor pool from which they typically draw their employees - except perhaps for students working there part-time or during the summers - is pretty shallow when it comes to educational standards or similar criteria. Typically, the ability to walk upright without dragging one's knuckles - or not seeing light coming in from the other side when peering into a prospective employee's ears - is enough to get you hired there. Not exactly plum jobs, and the turnover rate is horrendous....

Odds are, none of that tribe will still be there the next time you go to that particular Mickey D's...They'll have upgraded themselves by then, and likely found a career position at Walmart (NOT!)...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    .....After these first few meetings I got to know her and she became just that nice person who sits in that chair, that I enjoyed talking to. It wasn't about how she was presenting at all.

The lesson here is, if you begin to go to this MacDonalds on a regular basis and you interact with the people who work there, they will soon see YOU (your personality) shine through and they will learn there are genetic males who do present as women and who are also very nice and pleasant to deal with. I promise you that after a few times, they won't think there is anything worth gawking at.
    I'm sure this is part of the reason I feel comfortable at my bank, the local Kroger and Starbucks, to name a few places. Perhaps the first few times, my presence was something of a novelty. But that's worn off by now for most of the regular staff. I hope I come accross as an open, kind and pleasant person.

PS...although I'm generally not a big fan of fast food, I do think that McD's and perhaps even Walmart, expect more from their employees than this experience might suggest. But when you're hiring and training mass numbers of relatively low wage employees...sometimes a few fail to get the message. And sometimes, even the very best of us behave inappropriately.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Jeanine View Post
    My thought exactly Stacy.......YOU'RE WORKING AT MCDONALDS AND YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME....DUUUUHHHH!!!
    I'm sorry, but as funny as you think this is, aren't you laughing at those that have to work at Mc Donalds since they can't find a better job in today's economy. I bet we even have members here that feel very insulted now after reading this. I guess it would be better if they sat on their a$$ and collected welfare and unemployment. Some of these people even have degrees and are just trying to keep their heads above water. So let's joke about all low paying retail jobs like Walmart, Kohls, and Target while your at it. Talk about judging!
    The crack about working at Mc Donalds is just as bad, if not worse then being laughed at. Sorry, but to me it's in poor taste.

Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect! We are not acting "normal" in the eyes of society. The public is not educated on the topic of gender variance. If I chose to go to Mc Donalds or any public place where the general public goes or works there, then I'd expect to be laughed at. To expect NOT to be laughed at is fool hearty. Get real, the world is not ready to accept us as you or I would like them to.
    That's why I don't go out in public, shop in fem mode or expect others to treat me as "normal" if I choose to crossdress in public. Hate to say it, I saw one CD in my work place and even I had to laugh. This guy looked so bad...ragged tee shirt, woman's shorts, sandals, un-kept wig, and makeup that was running off in the heat. So if you don't pass or blend at least 95%, either don't go out, or anticipate the laughs, the stares, the humiliation and being considered weird. Sorry, this is the real world.