Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Laughed At going thru McDonalds Driveup tonight

Based on their knowledge of English, most of the staff at my local McDs are recent Immigrants and probably still don't know what is considered normal here in Md or not. I could drive up en femme, or walk in, and they probably would think it's just some new American Fashion. Now if they could just get my order right....

On another note, teenagers, for all their rebellious posing, have to be the most insecure conformists of all time. They demand that society respect their right to express their individuality by dressing exactly like everyone else their age. I couldn't put up with this when I was that age, and I won't put up with it now. No teenybopper is going to tell me how to dress. Honestly, this from people who actually think vampires sparkle in the sunlight.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect!
    FINALLY - someone with some common sense who "gets it" !
    This goes with the old saying - "If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen"

I know I will get giggled at everytime I go out somewhere. I'm too big to pass, I just have to mentally prepare myself for the outing and try to look hotter than the other girls in public. Do the same and don't let any meatheads drag you down. Don't go back there that food is bad for you.

hey what do you wont some one to say hi sexey or see the real you if you go out dressed an get read oney wore then asking for it pople are not blind an teen agers ar the worst but do what i do wen some says it to me well if you dressed like me more you might get more or get more respet in life some day you will haft to make a living just me not your daddys money so laff at me know but 5 yrs from see what is like

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    We all need to boycott McDonald's.
    Why would anyone do that? I have a better solution for you. Don't go there.

My wife writes what I like to call "nasty grams". When we receive bad, awful, or just plain horrendous service, if she can't get to the manager it goes in a letter (e-mail). It seems this is the best route. No confrontation and no need to humiliate anyone.

Same thing use to happen to me at fast food restaurants in the drive through windows. I put an end to this about a year ago and this never happens any more. My answer.... I always park the car and go inside and order. This way all the workers can see me without taken turns at the window. If the ordering of food goes well, I stay and eat. It almost always does. I don't dress very often and only pass maybe 20% of the time, but enjoy every minute. Being dressed as a woman in public is such a turn on it out weighs the way some people act. Try the inside route next time, you will be surprised.

OK everyone, the vitriol stops NOW (you know who you are). Anita has been given wonderful advice about how to deal with the issue in a mature, adult way.

Any more slams against fast food chains or the world in general, and this thread gets closed.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Luken View Post
    Wonder if I shouldn't have gone in and talked to the manager.
    One of them probably was the manager.

We all need to boycott McDonald's. I haven't eaten there in 35 years. But Wendy's, Hardee's, KFC, Arby's, Jack "in the freakin'" box, Chick Filet, Burger King, etc, they go on and on. Their employees always seem to be the same kind of late teen age school kids, no matter what fast food window you pull up to. We pay our money at the window, we see some young boy with wooden hoops inbedded in his ear lobes, or all those boys with thier huge baggy pants hanging down with thier checkered or flannel huge boxers pulled up as high as they can pull them while they deliberatley make sure that the back of thier dirty T-shirt is above those shorts to show off their tasteless ugly draws. And the little girls that work there with their mousy little voices, and they all seem to be "LIKE", and then they give me my order wrong of course and say thank you have a nice day, "sorry you had to wait", just becomes routine to them. I bet when they get home at night and answer their cell phones from brad or Jason, they answer, Hi (name inserted here), "sorry you had to wait".
    I have not seen anyone like you describe in any of the local Mc Donalds. I have no reason to boycott Mc Donalds or any other fast food restaurant. If you say they ALL look like that where you live, I'm just glad I don't live there. Here, we have many hard working mature and older people just trying to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    I have a question for you. Are you going to whine about this or are you going to work to improve yourself until you won't be laughed at?
    If I was a CD this is what I would be doing.

Julia
    Thats right Julia being an attractive women takes work....Being an attractive trans woman take more work!!!!!!!!

*note to self* do not post about it when I get laughed at.

If you're lucky enough to live in California or surrounding states, try an In-N-Out Burger. Even though the age of the staff is about the same as the other places they tend to be better-skilled and more focused on keeping customers happy for the simple reason that In-N-Out pays them better. They hire the cream of the crop, burger-joint-wise.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hey Anita,

Looks like it has all been said. Consider it ancient history, smile and move on.

School is out, kids are all over the place, and I had a funny thing happen today (not trans related). I'm on my bike going through a busy intersection and a group of "tweens" are in the crosswalk. One little darling waves for me to stop, pointing behind me like I dropped something. I stop, look around and don't see anything, then the light changes and I have to scramble to get out of the intersection. The kid is on the other side of the street giving me the "haw haw" laugh. I'm pissed and doing my best Homer Simpson imitation: "WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!!" I'm thinking of running across the street after the brats and then I just had to stop and laugh. Yeah, the kid made me look like an idiot but so what? If I was that age, I may have done the same thing but adults were a little less hesitant back then to smack smart a** kids that they didn't know!

Ya gotta be able to laugh and that sometimes means laughing at yourself.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If you're lucky enough to live in California or surrounding states, try an In-N-Out Burger. Even though the age of the staff is about the same as the other places they tend to be better-skilled and more focused on keeping customers happy for the simple reason that In-N-Out pays them better. They hire the cream of the crop, burger-joint-wise.
    Double-double animal style baby!
    Debby

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never noticed that at a drive thru but I usually use my girl voice and just get a drink.
    You can expect that if you go out so chock it up to experience.
    Don't dwell on the bad and have fun.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    I'm sorry, but as funny as you think this is, aren't you laughing at those that have to work at Mc Donalds since they can't find a better job in today's economy. I bet we even have members here that feel very insulted now after reading this. I guess it would be better if they sat on their a$$ and collected welfare and unemployment. Some of these people even have degrees and are just trying to keep their heads above water. So let's joke about all low paying retail jobs like Walmart, Kohls, and Target while your at it. Talk about judging!
    The crack about working at Mc Donalds is just as bad, if not worse then being laughed at. Sorry, but to me it's in poor taste.

Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect! We are not acting "normal" in the eyes of society. The public is not educated on the topic of gender variance. If I chose to go to Mc Donalds or any public place where the general public goes or works there, then I'd expect to be laughed at. To expect NOT to be laughed at is fool hearty. Get real, the world is not ready to accept us as you or I would like them to.
    That's why I don't go out in public, shop in fem mode or expect others to treat me as "normal" if I choose to crossdress in public. Hate to say it, I saw one CD in my work place and even I had to laugh. This guy looked so bad...ragged tee shirt, woman's shorts, sandals, un-kept wig, and makeup that was running off in the heat. So if you don't pass or blend at least 95%, either don't go out, or anticipate the laughs, the stares, the humiliation and being considered weird. Sorry, this is the real world.

Totally agree. The price of admission is simply not worth the payoff. I have to face it, we are not normal. I feel I look good and have been told so on times out. But have also experienced the ridicule and humilation. Not worth being reduced to a sub human caricature. I'm better than that. I have more self respect than that.

I deleted my own post because I was being pretty mean.

Megan
    Last edited by Megan72; 06-13-2012 at 09:24 PM.

When i was 15, i lied about my age and got a job at a fast food place, it was my first paycheck. I had a lot of fun, for a while I was "Markie Farkle (Laugh-In) in charge of Sparkle(Gino's clean campaign). I also learned lot and before I graduated High School, I was working 60 hrs a week night managing for another chain. Alice had a great suggestion giving a tip, or just a smile and a thank you, might make it a learning moment for "kids" that are at least taking a first step to being a productive member of society. If young people don't succeed, it's just as much our failure as theirs.

Something similar happened to me and my Friend Gale a couple years ago at a McDonalds near Milwaukee, only we had gone inside, ordered our food, and sat there eating it. It seems as if the whole counter staff came out to take a look at us. They didn't say anything but we could see there were plenty of tee hees behind the counter.

One other time in a different location, I overheard some young people commenting about the tranny (me) so I walked up to them and said "thanks for noticing that I'm a guy in women's clothes, I'm having a wonderful time doing what I'm doing, I hope your day is as eventful as mine". Then I smiled and walked away, leaving them totally speechless.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    You will have this sometime. The important thing is to not let them get under your skin. As I've said here before, "If anyone has a problem with how your dressed, THEY have a problem". Don't let anyone make it a problem for you. You have as much right as anybody else to just BE. I usually don't go thru drive-thru's. I like to go inside and interact with people. I want them to see me. I look them straight in the eye and let them know that I AM HERE and I am completely comfortable being here. I didn't get there overnight tho. I remember one of my first forays into public some years ago. It was a 24 hour department store(not THAT one!) late on a Saturday night. I wasn't the best at makeup(still not) and didn't have a really nice wig and I'm sure I stuck out like a sore thumb. I tried my best but I could see some of the employees hollering at others to come "check out the tranny". At the time I was absolutely mortified inside but I kept my head up as I headed for the door. That was a long time ago. I'd like to think that the human race has matured somewhat since. If that happens now, I will walk toward them and pretend they don't exist! Bottom line is that they can smell FEAR! Ok, that was my rant for the night. Sorry your experience was less than pleasant. Take care. Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Marguarite View Post
    When i was 15, i lied about my age and got a job at a fast food place, it was my first paycheck. I had a lot of fun, for a while I was "Markie Farkle (Laugh-In) in charge of Sparkle(Gino's clean campaign).
    You are not talking about Gino's, home of the Gino's Giant?????
    Debby

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Not a big fan of MC Donalds but which one was it? I live in Rockford and would love to walk up to there counter enfemme and see how they treat me. PM the location and i'll go in the first chance I get and let you all know how it goes. I would let the manager know that a friend of mine was ridiculed at the drive through and there employees were not acting in a proofessional manner. Everyone deserves respect and this stuff really pisses me off, enough to go speak to the manager.
    I want to be this girl!

Banned Read only
    We all need to boycott McDonald's. I haven't eaten there in 35 years. But Wendy's, Hardee's, KFC, Arby's, Jack "in the freakin'" box, Chick Filet, Burger King, etc, they go on and on. Their employees always seem to be the same kind of late teen age school kids, no matter what fast food window you pull up to. We pay our money at the window, we see some young boy with wooden hoops inbedded in his ear lobes, or all those boys with thier huge baggy pants hanging down with thier checkered or flannel huge boxers pulled up as high as they can pull them while they deliberatley make sure that the back of thier dirty T-shirt is above those shorts to show off their tasteless ugly draws. And the little girls that work there with their mousy little voices, and they all seem to be "LIKE", and then they give me my order wrong of course and say thank you have a nice day, "sorry you had to wait", just becomes routine to them. I bet when they get home at night and answer their cell phones from brad or Jason, they answer, Hi (name inserted here), "sorry you had to wait".
    Is it just me? Or do pompous "I'm So Much Better Than These People" posts like this get on anyone else's last nerve?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    Is it just me? Or do pompous "I'm So Much Better Than These People" posts like this get on anyone else's last nerve?
    Voulez, I'm not better than anyone. The thread is about a cd getting laughed at. Well she was getting laughed at by those teenage types. I merely described them, no I'm not better than them or anyone. But it is the teenage or early twenty somethings that most often do the laughing at a cd, not someone of my age. I accept everyone for how they feel or how they look or thier cultures. I merley described the particulars that were mentioned in the op, and of those particulars that I described, are the ones that are most often, not all but most, the ones that laugh at a Crossdresser out in public. And then my post's gets edited at the end, throwing off the true meaning of what I was saying. You haven't been here long I see, so I'll say no more on this. You have a blessed day.
    Love & respect.............Tara

Banned Read only
    Voulez, I'm not better than anyone.
    Oh really? Your post sounds like you've judged every kid or individual who happens to work at a fast food place. That tells me you think you're better/above them. Sorry, but I don't think you are at all. This CD got laughed at by ONE person, you can't judge everyone by that one person's actions! Maybe next time think a bit more carefully before posting something like this?