Thread: Advice Need ASAP

Advice Need ASAP

i have a counselling meeting tomorrow and its running thru my head to wear my wet look leggings and high heels but as a man due to not been able to pass as a women what do i do im so confused every time i get close to going out dressed up i bottle it at the last minute..

Please help me

Going out presenting as a female is one thing, the outfit you describe is quite another. It seems rather inappropriate for a counseling session.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Thank you for your reply what do you think i should wear?

Silver Member
    Jeans and a T-shirt.

or

Simple skirt and a nice top. No heels.

What would you wear to visit your dentist or your doctor? Wear the same thing to visit your therapist.

Platinum Member
    I agree with Jessica, That doesn't sound like an appropriate outfit for a counseling session.

I agree with Stephanie and Sara. I'd save the leggings and the heels for something more fun than counseling.

I normally do not get dressed up to go to the doctor, or anything like that. I mean, I am well-groomed...I fix my hair, put on some makeup, put on some cute skinny jeans, wear maybe like a cute top that is a little nicer than a t-shirt, and some simple ballet flats.

But, yeah...I don't think most people would wear heels and wet leggings. They're fun...don't get me wrong...but, they should be worn when you do fun things.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

On the other hand......
    It's important for your therapist to understand who you are. If you can't express your true self for your therapist, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    On the other hand......
    It's important for your therapist to understand who you are. If you can't express your true self for your therapist, then who?
    True. But, then they'll say your crazy outfit choices are a symptom of mania.

I'm halfway joking...
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I tend to wear jeans or khakis, with a t-shirt, v-neck top or blouse. A little lipstick, mascara, and simple jewelry. Shoes are often canvas sneakers, mules or flats. But, that's just me and how I tend to present, the soccer mom next door look. Be yourself, but don't be over the top (for you). If you show up dressed in feminine clothes, they will believe you.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

Banned Read only
    You did not mention if this is the first counseling session or the n th session. I think it makes a difference. If it is your first session you may want to even consider going en drab to "test the waters" so to speak. It may be easier to express to the counselor what your issues are. If it is the n th session, then you probably know what to wear. If you are going en femme, then I would recommend an outfit which would reflect how you feel going about your business on an ordinary day. If that means jeans and a blouse or dress and heels or something flamboyant, then go as you see yourself. If you're like the majority of people, leave the party dress for partying.

Silver Member
    If your counselor suggested on this appointment "you can dress-up if you prefer doing that", then go for it, but please do so with appropriate attire for the event. Also be comfortable and confident in whatever you choose to wear, as most medical appointments make you sit & wait!

Thanks girls

its not my first i have been loads of times but not dressed up...what knee high boots maybe?

Wear whatever you normally wear. If you occasionally go out in leggings and heels wear them.

Platinum Member
    Why not talk to your counselor about your desire to present en femme. And if that's your goal, and your therapist thinks it may be helpful, then chose something appropriate for the situation.

I have a related question - do you prefer to a) to dress androgynously, or b) prefer to present as fully female.

When I would go en femme with my wife to our counselor, I wore either jeans and a nice top or a knee length denim skirt and nice top, and some low (1 1/2") wedge flipflop style sandals. I felt appropriate.

Think about how you've seen GWs dressed while sitting in the waiting room. How were they dressed?
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

If you're going to a counselor you should wear clothes that make you feel comfortable. If you spend the entire session worried about your clothing then you reduce the results for which you are paying.

This very topic might be a good one to bring up during the session if it is important to you.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

my 2cts - what did you wear the last time you went?....wear the "female" version of everything you wore that time - skin out and head to toe. I'll bet you'll be quite comfortable and she'll get the msg

Jenn