Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first pair of high heels today

Wink Bought my first pair of high heels today

I have been dressing on and off for many years, but now in my middle age I want to
    get serious. I finally mustered up the nerve to go to a' Pay Less" shoe store in drab,
    and discreetly try on some high heels. I was so excited bringing them to the cashier
    that my hands were shaking. The cashier checked the shoes, and was very polite
    about it. Then she made an announcement about hand bags on sale, and
    some other items,than gave me a smile.I was so thrilled I knew there was no turning
    back for me. I love being a woman.

That's great! I love high heels. Just ordered two new pairs. Online that is. I think I'm almost to the point where I could go into the store and try some on. That takes a lot of courage.

Wooo!! Congratulations trysha!! Now you better go up the limit on your VISA card!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Way to go trysha. Now get out there an kick up a storm
    Ladies and gentlemen.
    Take my advce
    Pull down your panties .......
    And slide on the ice!!!!

That's great! To many people that sounds like a baby step! To you it is a big step towards your happiness! SO CELEBRATE! I'm happy for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Congratulations on just the first pair of many! I remember the first pair I bought, at Nordstrom's and a pair of size 10 Caressa black 3" high heel stilettos. I couldn't wait to get to the parking lot to try them on and vividly recall the drive home in a gorgeous new pair of my own high heels!

Silver Member
    YEAH! Cuz wearing high heels is what being a woman is all about!!!!

/Sarcasm...

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am so impressed with the such a wonderful, intelligent, and classy group of ladies that support each other
    on this site. It has helped me and I'm sure many others to grow in their self knowledge and self esteem.
    I love you all.

The first pair of fem shoes i ever bought (and for now my only pair) were black leather pumps with a 2.5 in heel. They have a broad heel so they would be easy to learn to walk in. The heel was easier to learn than I thought, but having my toes cramed into the pointed tip took more getting used to. I picked them up at a walmart that had self checkout because i was still feeling awkward about it. I love them and cant wait until I can afford more.

Good for you Trysha!

Just be glad that you can fit in the shoes that Payless sells!
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    That's great! To many people that sounds like a baby step! To you it is a big step towards your happiness! SO CELEBRATE! I'm happy for you! Hugs!
    I agree. My first pair were very scary because I bought them in drab. Pretty quickly I learned that it is much more calming to shop en femme. then I learned how quickly money can disappear when shoes are concerned. Shop a lot buy a little!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Baby steps are the steps we all talk about taking in the past. The step we just took is the biggest step of our life, and you are on your way to many mores steps, for sure.

I buy all my shoes at Payless (again, have to buy two pairs to get one usable, so I need to watch money). Always en drab so far, and have never been hassled about trying them on. And I have to continually run from the large size to the small size, and end up carrying multiple boxes over to the aisle without anyone there to try them on. Have had several SA come over while trying them on and ask if I needed help, very friendly.

My nest trip out just has to be enfemme to buy shoes. Just seems only natural to buy heels (even low ones) dressed. But can't argue that the act of buying heels cant be beat.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    Twice I have purchased shoes at Pay Less while en drab. Both times were with Halloween costume excuses. The first time I bought a pair of three inch strap on black heels. The store manager, a male, tried to get me to buy another pair for half price. I declined because I figured that would identify me as a cross dresser. When I did not buy a second pair, he tried to get me to buy some hosiery. The second time I bought at Pay Less I bought two pairs of pumps (one red, one blue) to take advantage of the BOGO sale. After that I did buy off a rack shoes at a Sears discount center, white strap on heels and red strap on heels. Since then it has been on line purchases. I used the Halloween excuse twice for wigs, one brunette, one blond. The K-Mart SA for the brunette was a young girl, who thought it was great. The blond was at a Korean owned shop, and, I think she had no idea what Halloween was all about.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Congratulations on your first pair of heels. You'll never be the same again. Isn't that great![/SIZE]

Congrats Trysha,

Takes some courage to buy that first pair in person. Remember the stores want your money and are glad to sell you what you want. Now about this new hobby of shoe shopping....this will quickly get out of control. So many cute shoes, so little time. My SO asks me all the time...how many pairs of black heels do you need? All of them of course...lol I too like payless although in my case it should named paymore. I love shoes, works of art that I can wear!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Makeup addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrianncd View Post
    Congrats Trysha,

Takes some courage to buy that first pair in person. Remember the stores want your money and are glad to sell you what you want. Now about this new hobby of shoe shopping....this will quickly get out of control. So many cute shoes, so little time. My SO asks me all the time...how many pairs of black heels do you need? All of them of course...lol I too like payless although in my case it should named paymore. I love shoes, works of art that I can wear!
    Wow! I'm really jealous. I want to wear all those shoes!

I'm jealous of all that closet space, much less the shoes.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

Holy crap terri ann, move over Imelda Marcos!

Hi Trysha .. the first pair of heels .. dressing will be so much more fun now. And I admire your courage for trying them on a Payless. Of course you know one pair is not enought .. just ask Terri Ann! (and btw Terri Ann .. I'm so envious of your closet ... I completely understand your passion.)

Congrats on your first pair of heels and doing it in the store Trysha, but you just doomed yourself to a lifetime of obsession. I remember getting my first pair of heels home and putting an outfit on with my new purchase and it was amazing how it just tied everything together. Now get out there and strut your stuff.

I remember getting my first pair of heels, was so excited i stopped my car in the parking lot to try them on, they fit fine and immediately gave my a special feeling. Then i found i could walk in them better than i thought, i love heels!!

Hard for me to find a decent pair to fit my size 15 feet!

I remember buying my first pair of heels. I stopped at a little shoe place in a near by city and I just walked in to the ladies section. I started to pick up shoes that caught my lady eye and even tried some on. The lady who worked there came over to me and even asked if I needed help. I told her it was for a costume party, and that I needed some shoes to go with the dress I was wearing to the party (even though it wasn't for a party). She gave me suggestions on which shoes to wear with what color dress. It was so much fun. I still get all giddy inside remembering that day.

Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Platinum Member
    Good for you. Isn't it a relief to be able to be open about yourself, even when in drab?

Congratulations, its a great feeling to buy your own heels. I love heels, just love them. I bought my first pair at Payless too some 20 years ago. Maybe its a sign of of the 20 years but I bought my first pair of flats recently (at Payless) LOL.

Natasha x