Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shave the Legs?

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

Shave the Legs?

I just have a quick question. I am going to be working away from home the next couple of weeks. My wife mentioned she would be uncomfortable if I shaved my legs. But since I will be away, I was thinking I would give it a shot.

My question, for those who have experience in this, is whether or not two weeks is long enough for it to grow back. I just want to do it once to see what it feels like. What do you think?

Any advice is appreciated. And, I don't look at it as being dishonest with my wife; she knows and supports my dressing. She just pointed out she would not like this particular thing.

It takes about six weeks for your leg hair to fully grow back. That's been my experience, anyway.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member

Too little time

Two weeks will give you a nice "stubble", nowhere near what a normal leg hair growth looks like. How your wife reacts is something only you can guess at.

Shaving is really not a big deal unless your wife makes it one; and for her it may be. I shave my legs and I doubt anyone notices. Just think about it yourself, how often to you look closely at other guy's legs?

Just my opinion,
    Sandra1746

I'm sort of lucky. After playing football in jr high, high & college, I had my knees & ankles taped so much that taking the tape off sort of waxed my legs. I have almost no hair & the little I have I shave. Thank you football.

Aspiring Member
    Once you shave your legs you won't stand it once the hair starts growing out again. After a couple of days you will be so uncomfortable that you will shave them again plus the feeling of shaved legs is ever so nice. Walking around with stubble is not too bad but when your legs rub against one another in bed, it is most irritating. Imagine if you shave them and then rub your legs against your wife's smooth legs how irritating it will be for her. Save her the irritation and once you shave them, keep them smooth.

Annie D. Is so right on all counts honey.

She will probably notice, and if you did it behind her back, that could lead to trouble. I suggest you talk to her about it and simply say that it is something you would like to do, and this is opportunity for you to try it without her having to have it in her face. You don't necessarily need to ask for permission, but if you want to avoid a fight, its good to have her blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    She will probably notice, and if you did it behind her back, that could lead to trouble. I suggest you talk to her about it and simply say that it is something you would like to do, and this is opportunity for you to try it without her having to have it in her face. You don't necessarily need to ask for permission, but if you want to avoid a fight, its good to have her blessing.
    I think this is the approach I'll take. I'll give her a call later today and see how it goes.

If your lifestyle involves wearing shorts or swimsuits and you do it around close friends, they are bound to notice if you shave your legs. One will most likely blurt out "Sam (your real name here), do you shave your legs?" This could be embarassing.

As for your wife noticing, if you are close or intimate, she will surely notice.

You can buy men's "grooming kits" with clippers that have different guides on them. Trim your body hair to 1/2", 1/4", or so. You'll still have hair but it will be shorter and more comfortable and you won't suffer the embarassment of being asked in public if you shave your legs.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

im in a similar situation , wife actualy likes my legs with hair and i detest them hairy . ive shaved them before and a friend did indeed notice at the time (and it was damned awkward) and that friend became very distant over the years to the point we barely speak now . recently my biggest concern was would it be noticed if i went to the swimming pool with my legs shaved, im not so worried now as yesterday i went swimming (with said hairy legs) and was in the pool before i looked and remembered i had bright red toenails . id say my face matched the red colour instantly . sooo i decided id wait near the door (but still in the pool) untill the least amount of people were around and make good my escape , it seemed to take forever and im sure i looked akward while trying to look casual lol. i eventualy got out and dont think it was noticed.

my wife had painted my toenails during the week , without me asking or hinting ,it was a lovely surprise and it realy made me smile but i keep forgetting ive still got the nailvarnish on .
    finaly trying to mind this poor body that ive been thrashing for years .

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Once you shave your legs you won't stand it once the hair starts growing out again. After a couple of days you will be so uncomfortable that you will shave them again plus the feeling of shaved legs is ever so nice. Walking around with stubble is not too bad but when your legs rub against one another in bed, it is most irritating. Imagine if you shave them and then rub your legs against your wife's smooth legs how irritating it will be for her. Save her the irritation and once you shave them, keep them smooth.
    The best solution to that is to either wax your legs or epilate.

I've been epilating my whole body year-round for over 2 years now, and would never go back to being hairy again. Being smooth all over just feels so nice, and so far, no one - except for my wife - seems to have noticed. And if they have, they've never brought it up. Of course, my wife wasn't thrilled initially by the whole deforestation thing (especially my chest), but has now grudgingly come to accept it.

The benefits of waxing or epilating as opposed to shaving are two-fold. Not only does it take the hair longer to grow back in - when it does, it is much finer and there is no stubble. And if you keep up the waxing or epilating on a regular basis (I do it about once a week, and it takes me about an hour from top-to-bottom), the discomfort is also much less, as the hair is still so downy at that point.

Best of all, your body will look about the same year-round, with none of the extremes of hair/no hair when you only remove your hair periodically (or seasonally). This also makes it much easier to fly under the radar then.

I hope she does not get upset, knowing she will be away, and you will be exploring something like that without her there. She may fear you will want to keep it that way, and cause her to worry the whole time she is gone. might be better talking to her, and doing it when she is around. Women worry about the darnedest things!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Our SOs seem to have a stronger emotional attachment to body hair than we do ourselves. They may see it as a symbol of manhood and interpret its removal as a step away from the "man she married."

I know that I caused my wife Mimi distress when I got carried away with body hair removal. I didn't discuss it with her as thoroughly as I should have and, since I was sugaring, it was gone all at once which must have been a shock. It's been quite a while now and she's grown used to how I look in the non-furry state. One advantage from our SO's point of view is that we look younger without the hair (check out any heartthrob movie star or model!)

Since your CDing is open to your SO my advice is to talk to her first and tell her that you want to try shaving while she is away. She'll probably be OK with it since she doesn't have to see the abrupt transition. What I don't suggest is "springing" it on her.

Yes, it seems unfair, since GGs can change any number of things about themselves without any thought of consulting with their husbands, but you are in a partnership and it is important for you both to understand why you are doing these things.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    My advice? Pay attention to your wife's wishes. Just what kind of a life do you plan with this woman? You know what she wants.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Our SOs seem to have a stronger emotional attachment to body hair than we do ourselves. They may see it as a symbol of manhood and interpret its removal as a step away from the "man she married."

I know that I caused my wife Mimi distress when I got carried away with body hair removal. I didn't discuss it with her as thoroughly as I should have and, since I was sugaring, it was gone all at once which must have been a shock. It's been quite a while now and she's grown used to how I look in the non-furry state. One advantage from our SO's point of view is that we look younger without the hair (check out any heartthrob movie star or model!)

Since your CDing is open to your SO my advice is to talk to her first and tell her that you want to try shaving while she is away. She'll probably be OK with it since she doesn't have to see the abrupt transition. What I don't suggest is "springing" it on her.

Yes, it seems unfair, since GGs can change any number of things about themselves without any thought of consulting with their husbands, but you are in a partnership and it is important for you both to understand why you are doing these things.
    Well put Eryn, totally agree with you!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I also shave my arms. If I allow stubble to grow on my arms, my wife will say, "John, it's time you shaved your arms. Your arms feel like sandpaper."

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    If you want to shave to "see how it feels", I will give you a warning: You will like the way it feels so much that you will not want to let it grow back. If all men knew how great smooth legs feel, all men would shave them. It's cooler in the high heat and humidity, and they feel great when a cool breeze blows over them. It's also much easier to apply suncreen. I have found that nobody notices, or they just don't care.
    My advise is to tell your wife how much you want to try it and see how it goes.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

4 weeks to not notice

Your wife will definately notice, even if you aren't intimate it's still pretty obvious. But, I've found that others rarely notice. We live where everyone bikes and so guys with shaved legs are pretty normal and accepted.

Why are GG SOs so concerned about hair on the legs, arms, and other parts of the body. If our GGs SO wants to have short hair, we don't tell her that she can't do it. It would be great if GGs could feet what it is like to have hair on their legs so that they can experience just how yucky it really feels as compared to having smooth legs. Then maybe they will understand.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Aspiring Member
    it would partly depend on how old you are, how hairy you are, how thick your hair is and maybe how often she sees you in the buff. It truly is no big thing to be shaved, and men in many cultures have little to no body hair. It really seems to be a "WESTERN" thing about hair. My hair grows like weeds, I'm hairy, though I have no beard shadow and had a full beard most of my life. Now I'm a hairless mole rat.

Platinum Member
    Mine certainly doesn't grow back that fast. You might want to talk this over with your wife. I realize she's expressed some reservations, but maybe she would be willing to allow a test ...afterall it grows back!

If you shave your legs you'll be hooked... just warning you! ....especially if you like nylons. Two weeks growth and I don't think people will notice that you shaved, you'll just have shorter leg hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post
    If you shave your legs you'll be hooked... just warning you! ....especially if you like nylons. Two weeks growth and I don't think people will notice that you shaved, you'll just have shorter leg hair.
    Yeah...I think I am going to hold off till the fall and when I can talk to my wife face to face because I might like it too much. Today, I put a little bit of lipstick on for the first time. Just, you know, for research purposes. I did not want to take it off. I'm afraid the legs are going to have to wait longer.

Also, I have a question for those who say no one will notice. If no one would notice, I don't think GGs would do it, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    Also, I have a question for those who say no one will notice. If no one would notice, I don't think GGs would do it, would they?
    Actually, GGs shave their legs because it's expected of them and because they find (as we do) that it feels nice. Some GGs don't shave and I don't recall ever being shocked by that.

I stay smooth year round and nobody has commented on my legs. That's not to say that nobody has noticed, but if you pay attention (and only a CDer would!) you will find that men exhibit a wide range of hairyness. Being hairless is hardly unusual and there are a wide range of reasons. Heck, many male models have no body hair at all and most women seem to adore them!

If I were ever asked why I have hairless legs my answer would be "Because I like it! Why do you ask?"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]