Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What IF you could "pass" easily?

Banned Read only

What IF you could "pass" easily?

Make any difference? As far as leaving your house "dressed"? Or you were visiting a tiny village in a foreign country where the chances of running into someone you knew would be astronomically slim. Would you be willing to leave your hotel room "dressed"?

Or are the clothes, makeup, wig etc. just something you enjoy at home or alone and are perfectly happy that way? You simply have no need or desire to interact with others as a female?

Quite a few here say they could never pass but their pics don't indicate that.

Aspiring Member

Already going out

I regularly go out dressed in "plain Femme" and last Friday went out wearing a lovely floral print top that was very feminine. My wife was with me and we had a fun time. I posted an account here last week.

I don't "pass" in my own estimation but I do get treated with courtesy and that's fine. In my opinion, expecting to "pass" is much like going fishing and expecting to catch a lot of fish; if you don't you 'had a bad day'. If you expect to pass and are "read" you are setting yourself up for disappointment. If however you go out just looking your best but realizing you may not pass then any vestige of passing is a bonus to the day. When I am treated with courtesy or referred to in the feminine then it is just a "bonus" to an otherwise pleasant day out while dressed.

Just my philosophical view,
    Sandra1746

I'll admit that if I passed more easily, I'd go out more often than I do. As for dressing at home, I do greatly enjoy that. Going out isn't something that I absolutely need to do all the time. I do like to get out and have some fun once in a while, but if I don't for long periods of time, I don't get too restless about it. It always involves more extensive shaving, like on my arms and my hands, and it's a pain in the rear to do it all the time.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Ok, you asked...Only if I could pass to the point that anyone seeing me "might" question my gender on very rare close up occasions. I do not like being laughed at, humiliated or otherwise made to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. It's just not my thing. It's just not important enough for me to risk it. I realize some here don't care what others think. I get that and more power to them. I'm just not wired that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Make any difference? As far as leaving your house "dressed"? Or you were visiting a tiny village in a foreign country where the chances of running into someone you knew would be astronomically slim. Would you be willing to leave your hotel room "dressed"?
    Well I do often find myself in that situation. My "tiny village in a foreign country" is called "Los Angeles" and it is sufficiently large to pretty much guarantee anonymity.

When I first started to explore this part of myself I didn't think that I could go out, by virtue of being over six feet in height. I do stand out, but I can do a good enough job with clothes, wig, and makeup that most casual passersby probably think "That's a tall woman!" if they think anything at all.

Now that I am going out often I'm working on interactions. That requires a good voice and I'm not yet very good at that. Looking feminine is easy, acting feminine is more difficult because it involves several dynamics working at once, voice, gait, mannerisms, etc. It's something that I just have to work on and practice if I'm going to get it right. Most of the time I do OK, but every once in a while I get that "double take" that tells me that I did something wrong.

Oddly, being read doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Even if someone has strong suspicions there is still a doubt in their mind about their suspicions. It would be a really embarrassing situation for them to ask a masculine-looking GG if she was a man so that question is never asked.

I hope I answered the question you want answered!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    If I could pass easily (five foot seven, size 10, small hands and feet, etc) I would definitely without any hesitation hit the bricks in a pretty dress and heels. I'm not just talking as if I wanted to be nineteen again. At my senior age and looking age appropriate, I'd be out there. You do not have to be drop dead young and gorgeous to have a nice feminine day out and about.

Makeup addict!
    If I could pass easily (including the voice), I would dress a lot more and always walk the streets as Katie except at night if I'm alone

"Passing" doesn't really concern me Hon. I could care less what the general public thinks. As long as I don't "fail" in my goals, I'm good.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Very well put and that's how I was treated at Atlanta last weekend in the hotel! The whole yes Ma'am was a shock! The whole time I'm thinking my makeup is oily and has been on all day lol. They are just being nice lol,

In order for me to pass easily, I find using my turnsignals helps. LOL But yes I would go out more than I do if I did.

BobbieB

Miriam
    I think it's more about consequences than passing. I've demonstrated, much to my surprise, that I can pass in a daylight public environment (stores, restaurant, gas station) with some reasonable clothing, a good shave, and 20 minutes of makeup (in a car even). But the more important realization for me was that even if recognized no one could do anything to me - as long as I'm nowhere near work, neighbors, or friends. My wife helped me to realize this. Passing is just a bonus when it happens.

Miriam

If I could pass more easily, I would be going out a lot more often. I can't pass with my male structure. I've been told by lots of people that I make a pretty girl but even so you can tell alright....

Silver Member
    I don't know if I pass or not, but I'm beyond caring. I have to be myself and live my life. Getting a job though... ayee..... getting a job... getting a job...

I think if you dress to fit in, exude confidence and stop giving a **** what other people think, you can go out and be yourself too.

I'm transsexual, so... I don't really have a choice but to go out and be myself... but what I've noticed is that whether you're transsexual, transgender or cross dresser, we all worry WAY more than we need to. And the only way you will learn to stop worrying is to go out and be yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To me, u could have just as easily asked me where I'd fly to if a grew wings, Wild! Growing wings and passing r BOTH things I can only imagine but will NEVER happen! I really have no idea what I'd do!

I only know in either case, my life would CHANGE dramatically!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I define passing as really looking like the opposite gender up close and not personal. If I passed totally based on that definition, I may do more things closer to home, if there was no way of being recognized as a female twin of my male self. That being said, I prefer to use the term "blending". To me that means at a distance I look like a woman, and up close I will probably get read. Since I go out frequently and interact with others very easily, I am not sure how much total passing would make a difference to me except if I was totally hot and beautiful in a womanly way. I would like that "passing" dream to be in natural body too with no squeezing nor padding, and with natural wonderful hair too. Wow, that is a big order! In my own opinion I blend very well, have decent feminine gestures and walk, and my voice is closer male than female, though at times I don't really know nor care. Not caring is the most important thing as others have said here. Once you get to that point it is a totally new game and the fun really begins, and I really have a lot of great fun.

Just like Kate said! PASSING IS OVERRATED! I go out to please myself! I couldn't care a rats ---- what anyone thinks of me! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My statement is still---Time Passes, Crossdressers Blend.

I have gone out 4 times, and interacted with SA's up close. I do not pass, and in those personal situations, I was not blending. I will think twice before doing it in my hometown again, now, after doing it and having the rush sink in. I would not take them back for anything, and was treated very well. Just the realization that I do not want the worst thing that could happen to happen in my home town, even though i do not think it ever would happen.

I will be going out again after some heavy work on walking, carriage, and voice, with makeup help from a makeover. Mine is still bad up close. Passing better would not make it any different. If people know, they know. If they react they react. If they say anything I can hear, I hit them with my baseball bat....OK, it is just a mental swing, but it always gets square on the crotch every time,

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

i am over 50 years old, i am more concern with being over 60+ and looking back at my life and i didn't do the things i enjoy because i was more concerned with not passing. dressing and going out trumps any concerns with not passing. if i pass or blend in, that is great. (one of the reasons i chose tori for my name is, it reminds me that each time i am out dressed that it is a VICTORY over the norms and expectations of our culture tori
    This is a man's world, this is a man's world
    But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl
    —james brown

I go out when i can. and yes i do not think i pass. If i though i did then i do believe i would go out a lot more. Now that said. I have let my hair grow out. I have Lady's hair a lot of it and its wave. growing up all my girl Friend loved it and all the girls wanted it. but lately i have been mistaken for a lady from behind 3 times my wife has been with me. she is not to happy about that. But i do try to look like a woman eve if i do not dress as one. and just last week i was at lows and was using my military Id the gay asked is this your husbands id i turned to him and with a big smiled said no that would be me.

My height & stature makes me fly under the radar in any circumstance. I'm 5' 6" . Most people don't pay attention to me. Nice advantage.
    Still, I won't look like Jennifer Anniston.

Banned Read only
    Isn't "passing" really easier than what we make it out to be? "Passing" as in nobody seems to notice. OR care? Or both. That seems to be the goal for many here. And unless you need to actually TALK to people like SAs or waiters, what are the chances that anyone is going to "make" you unless you are wearing something loud or gaudy? Or are tottering about on the "wrong" shoe or are perhaps very tall?

Most ladies here seem to dress to blend in. At least when they leave their house?

Banned Read only
    I've been told I pass quite easily,though as I age I have to wonder just a bit.
    I was told years back that as soon as I apply eye makeup almost instantly I change quite dramatically in appearance.\My short stature at only 5ft 6 also helps and I try to stay as slim as I can,which gets harder as I age.I don't think I'll ever be huge but would love to be 125- 135 lbs again.

I haven't gone out for a bit due to being very busy moving house etc but I crave going out with some nice sisters,sadly I am finding it hard to once again establish a solid friendship on here to do just that go out 'en femme'.I am experienced in going out in public and would love to again and soon. I also do dress to blend into society as a woman,

Just A Girl Next Door
    I go out several times a month as Jessica, and I think I pass pretty well. Visually, anyway, as the voice needs work. I go to stores, dinner, movies, etc and if anyone reads me I seldom even notice. A few people have given me the double-take, but nobody's ever actually come up and asked me if I'm a guy or a girl.

Mainly I just try to blend in. I'm 6 feet and over 200 and middle-aged - so I dress in loose clothes and try to be age-appropriate and somewhat modest. It usually works pretty well, and if any situation seems uncomfortable I just move on and go somewhere else.

The ladies on this forum are so encouraging! Soon after I got on here I started going out as Jessica. The first few times were scary, but as my confidence grew it became easier and more fun.

I go out regularly and anywhere I please. I may not "pass easily" as you say, but then I feel that a tremendous part of "passing" is confidence and I have that in myself.
    If I was as "passable" as some of the ladies here I would probably want to live full time and then who knows, but that's not the case.
    I love being me and letting the world see me after being in the closet for most of my life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

As others have said blending is more important than passing. In theory blending should be quite easy. Dress your age and to current fashions and the situation. I'd like to think i could blend but i'm not sure.
    I do know that if i was guaranteed to pass as Katie i'd be out all the time as a woman, assuming family and friends would't find out.
    Katie